Alright, whose in?

Freeleo
04-25-2007, 15:24
stupid is is stupid does
hike forest hike
so i did

Alligator
04-25-2007, 15:24
I'm not sure that people giving me money to hike will end stupidity, but I'm game. Mail me cash though.

The Old Fhart
04-25-2007, 15:31
Like in the other related thread, I guess I'm missing the point. Do you mean that by going hiking you're leaving all the stupid people behind or are you suggesting that all the stupid people go hiking?:-?

Photofanatic
04-25-2007, 15:31
I will be your poster hiker. I qualify because I am stupider.

Overpass
04-25-2007, 15:33
Like in the other related thread, I guess I'm missing the point. Do you mean that by going hiking you're leaving all the stupid people behind or are you suggesting that all the stupid people go hiking?:-?

No, no . He's hiking to raise awareness of stupidity.

...or something.

Two Speed
04-25-2007, 15:33
Hike to end stupidity? :-? Umm, I think you got that a little backwards.

However, if there's cash involved count me in. :p

Alligator
04-25-2007, 15:35
Send me all your money and I will bankrupt stupidity! Stupidity will never be able shop on QVC again. No more Nigeerian emails, I promise!

Cuffs
04-25-2007, 15:37
I just had a t-shirt made recently...

"I'll try to be nicer, if you try to be smarter."

and another one I just bought... Picture of the dwarfs Grumpy and Dopey on it..."Im grumpy 'cuz you're dopey!"

Ewker
04-25-2007, 15:39
and another one I just bought... Picture of the dwarfs Grumpy and Dopey on it..."Im grumpy 'cuz you're dopey!"

which one are you :p

The Old Fhart
04-25-2007, 15:43
Overpass-"No, no . He's hiking to raise awareness of stupidity.

...or something."Ah, I see your point. But don't you think trying to 'raise awareness of stupidity' is kind of an oxymoron in that if you're stupid, you aren't aware of it; and if you're aware of it, you're not stupid?;)

Lion King
04-25-2007, 15:59
Ah, I see your point. But don't you think trying to 'raise awareness of stupidity' is kind of an oxymoron in that if you're stupid, you aren't aware of it; and if you're aware of it, you're not stupid?;)

somewhere..a kitten just exploded.

Two Speed
04-25-2007, 16:07
somewhere..a kitten just exploded.Sooo, if we make it a hike to end stupidity and animal cruelty will there be more money involved? Or do we get Kung Pow Kitty for dinner every night?

gold bond
04-25-2007, 16:38
I may be not be a smart man...but I know what love is!

bfitz
04-25-2007, 16:43
Ah, I see your point. But don't you think trying to 'raise awareness of stupidity' is kind of an oxymoron in that if you're stupid, you aren't aware of it; and if you're aware of it, you're not stupid?;)

I know that I know nothing.

Lion King
04-25-2007, 16:47
Sooo, if we make it a hike to end stupidity and animal cruelty will there be more money involved? Or do we get Kung Pow Kitty for dinner every night?

actually the money that is raised will be used to train kittens to eat stupid people.

Then when they are full, they are trained to clean and cook themselves general Tzo style.

So, then we help the stupid, train cats, and feed the hungry.

But I guess the question will be..."How will the kittens know who is stupid?", they will carry a stupid-o-meter that gauges people by their answers to the following questions:

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Should Vegetarians eat animal crackers?

If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

superman
04-25-2007, 17:06
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif Hike to End Gun Violence?
OK, I've got the answer. I've decided to hike for stupid gun safety. Please send me money for every mile I hike. Maybe I'll make a contribution to the NRA and maybe to a stupid person....duh.

Lugnut
04-25-2007, 17:09
Every group has their idiot. If you can't name who it is in your group it may be you! :p

Mother's Finest
04-25-2007, 17:32

wheels within wheels....

peace
mf

Mother's Finest
04-25-2007, 17:33
actually the money that is raised will be used to train kittens to eat stupid people.

Then when they are full, they are trained to clean and cook themselves general Tzo style.

But I guess the question will be..."How will the kittens know who is stupid?", they will carry a stupid-o-meter that gauges people by their answers to the following questions:

If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

1. Dead
2. yes
3. yes

how do I score? I am confident that I will be on the list to be eaten

peace
mf

The Old Fhart
04-25-2007, 18:02
Mother's Finest-"wheels within wheels...."Is that a Bibical reference? (Ezekiel 1:16 The wheels had the sparkling appearance of chrysolite, and all four of them looked the same: they were constructed as though one wheel were within another. )

-Or is this a reference to prove that flying saucers were seen in Bibical times?:-?
-Or is this directly related to stupidity?;)

bfitz
04-25-2007, 18:04
Is that a Bibical reference? (Ezekiel 1:16 The wheels had the sparkling appearance of chrysolite, and all four of them looked the same: they were constructed as though one wheel were within another. )

-Or is this a reference to prove that flying saucers were seen in Bibical times?:-?
-Or is this directly related to stupidity?;)Chariots of the Gods, baby.

The Old Fhart
04-25-2007, 18:12
Bfitz-"Chariots of the Gods, baby."
Von Daniken thought the Mayans had carved an image of a spaceman at the controls of his ship. (http://members.shaw.ca/mjfinley/vondaniken.html)

Mother's Finest
04-25-2007, 18:12
Is that a Bibical reference? (Ezekiel 1:16 The wheels had the sparkling appearance of chrysolite, and all four of them looked the same: they were constructed as though one wheel were within another. )

-Or is this directly related to stupidity?;)

i like dude's answer better, but for me it is the last one (as I was actually referring to conspiracy theorists)

peace
mf

Two Speed
04-25-2007, 18:24

Then when they are full, they are trained to clean and cook themselves general Tzo style. . . 'Kay, but how about we train the kitties to make Rat Too Yung before they cook themselves? We can get the mice out of the shelters and double the CDQ.* Heck, it we do it right, not only will the mice be eradicated from the shelters, there'll be a hot dinner waiting at the shelters and a cheery little cook fire going, too!

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif Hike to End Gun Violence?
OK, I've got the answer. I've decided to hike for stupid gun safety. . .Stupid guns? Oh man, I thought we were restricting ourselves to animate objects, now we gotta figure out which inanimate objects that are smart enough to deserve to live? Well, maybe we can leave that to the STBKPK.**

* CDQ = chinese dinner quotient
** STBKPK = soon-to-be-Kung Pow Kitty

mweinstone
04-25-2007, 18:31
i kile stuhikendpisity. whats your name?

Smile
04-25-2007, 18:42
I think the Hike to End Stupidity should make a camp at Burning Man next year! :)

Toolshed
04-25-2007, 19:00
So Can we like drive like a car or a bus or something on this hike or would we like have to do something stupid like walk or something ?????:confused: :confused:

The Owl
04-25-2007, 19:06
Hi. I'm new, but I am so flattered that I cannot resist responding. I'm amazed that someone is already having a hike in my honor. ;) LOL
Thanks!

owl

Jester2000
04-25-2007, 19:08
If we ended stupidity with this hike, what would all of the people of Billville do?

The Old Fhart
04-25-2007, 19:10
Toolshed-"So Can we like drive like a car or a bus or something on this hike or would we like have to do something stupid like walk or something ?????":confused: :confused: There is a group that has van support for the ENTIRE© A.T. and I hear they are looking for a driver, as long as you don't mind living off leftover meals.:rolleyes:

Smile
04-25-2007, 19:36
Oh no, please don't end stupidity, I just realized I like posting here :)

SGT Rock
04-25-2007, 19:50
It will never work.

mudhead
04-25-2007, 20:17
I think you guys had a slow day!

Lion King
04-25-2007, 20:26
So Can we like drive like a car or a bus or something on this hike or would we like have to do something stupid like walk or something ?????:confused: :confused:

White, Blue, Red, Pink, Yellow, Aqua, Brown blaze...its all good as long as you are doing your part to not be stupid.

The Old Fhart
04-25-2007, 20:27
Hey, I just had a great idea. Why not have a hike to 'perpetuate stupidity', or has that already been done to death?

Lion King
04-25-2007, 20:29
'Kay, but how about we train the kitties to make Rat Too Yung before they cook themselves? We can get the mice out of the shelters and double the CDQ.* Heck, it we do it right, not only will the mice be eradicated from the shelters, there'll be a hot dinner waiting at the shelters and a cheery little cook fire going, too!

* CDQ = chinese dinner quotient
y

THAT is a grand idea.

Im thinking of opening a school for "Cat Masters"...those that let the cat out of the bag, so to speak, at each shelter where they are entitled to eat all the mice and stupid people within a 15 mile (Or next shelter N or S) radius. While the Cat does his chowing, the Cat master preps the fire for the enevitable feast for the Hikers who stay at the shelter...unless they are stupid.

Lion King
04-25-2007, 20:30
Hey, I just had a great idea. Why not have a hike to 'perpetuate stupidity', or has that already been done to death?

every year:D

Tin Man
04-25-2007, 20:30
If you are hiking to escape the corporate world, then you are hiking to end stupidity. :D

Lion King
04-25-2007, 20:31
If we ended stupidity with this hike, what would all of the people of Billville do?

There is a difference between stupidity and Hilarity....I think its like 7 beers, 2 shine swigs, 15 cigarettes, and a tug off the Old Mans bourbon.

Lion King
04-25-2007, 20:32
It will never work.

not with that attitude Soldier!:banana

Lion King
04-25-2007, 20:33
If you are hiking to escape the corporate world, then you are hiking to end stupidity. :D

BAM! BAM!

(cuz "BAM!" was too short to enter and post)

The Old Fhart
04-25-2007, 20:47
Lion King-"There is a difference between stupidity and Hilarity..."Isn't Hilarity Neo's favorite girl?:D

LostInSpace
04-25-2007, 21:12
"How will the kittens know who is stupid?"

They just need to follow tourists. Then they can pig out!

digger51
04-26-2007, 00:17
My village called...they want their idiot back. Can I go home now?

RedneckRye
04-26-2007, 00:57
How much do I need to donate and how stupid do I have to be?
As long as I get to hike with the Puma Prince again it is absolutely worth it.

Gray Blazer
04-26-2007, 00:58
Isn't Hilarity Neo's favorite girl?:D

That's Hillbillary!:banana

Wanderingson
04-26-2007, 05:39
Send me all your money and I will bankrupt stupidity! Stupidity will never be able shop on QVC again. No more Nigeerian emails, I promise!

Gator,

JUst give me your bank account and SSAN and I'll be sure to make a direct deposit into your account.:banana

EWS
04-26-2007, 06:06
I propose the sterilization of people with below average intelligence, and it has to be put in effect worldwide.

Toolshed
04-26-2007, 07:10
I see..... after the first thousand go, the bar is reset and you are next..... :p

SGT Rock
04-26-2007, 07:11
I was thinking the same thing.

EWS
04-26-2007, 07:16
Ahh... close but, not quite. Maintain the current IQ norm and split from there.

SGT Rock
04-26-2007, 07:18
I prefer capture, tag, and release. We need stupid people, but:

"HERE'S YOUR SIGN"

EWS
04-26-2007, 07:30
I don't think they could keep track of their sign. Tattoos on foreheads would work better.

Two Speed
04-26-2007, 07:57
On a serious note, why don't we all take action to strike a blow against stupidity (http://www.tvturnoff.org/)?

Okey doke, back to our regularly scheduled session of silly questions and answers:
My village called...they want their idiot back. Can I go home now?Yep, as long as you're a contributor to The Hike To End Stupidity*.
Hey, I just had a great idea. Why not have a hike to 'perpetuate stupidity', or has that already been done to death?Uhhh, haven't you been paying attention to this thread? Oops, just realized we've both answered our own question! :banana

* Kinda like The Thread, but not quite as annoying to the site administrators. Or was The Thread about a hike to perpetuate stupidity? Old Fhart, a little help here, please.

Photofanatic
04-26-2007, 08:00
Do you know the current IQ norm is 90 to 110. 90 being low average, 100 being average, and 110 being high average. I have a few ticks above average but I'm still stupider. I just learned this stuff yesterday. I had to take some tests to go back to school... Just the thought of going back to schook makes me stupider than all of you.

EWS
04-26-2007, 08:07
...the current IQ norm is 90 to 110... 100 being average...

:confused: Painkillers kicking in?

The Old Fhart
04-26-2007, 08:14
Two Speed-"Or was The Thread about a hike to perpetuate stupidity? Old Fhart, a little help here, please."Should I be pleased or upset that someone thinks I'm an expert on stupidity?;)

Tractor
04-26-2007, 08:17
Lemmings. I followed too.

This thread has made my day! Uh Oh, now I can't do anything else 'till tommorow.

The Old Fhart
04-26-2007, 08:20
Is a "stupidity expert" an oxymoron or is an 'oxymoron' a dumb ox?:-?

Gray Blazer
04-26-2007, 08:25

I'm an oxymormon. There, I posted on this thread showing that I believe in stupidity.:p

Photofanatic
04-26-2007, 08:26
:confused: Painkillers kicking in?

hahaha I guess they are. At least I can laugh again. Can't wait to get this root canal thing done. I have to be on antibiotics for 7 days first. I should be feeling fine and have a new shiny tooth by Trail Daze.

Alligator
04-26-2007, 08:32
Gator,

JUst give me your bank account and SSAN and I'll be sure to make a direct deposit into your account.:bananaI'll have to look those up, I'm terrible with numbers. But if it helps my PIN is dunce and my DOB is 10/9/1962:p .

Two Speed
04-26-2007, 08:37
Should I be pleased or upset that someone thinks I'm an expert on stupidity?;)Pleased, of course. At least you're being recognized as an expert in something. ;)

Lugnut
04-26-2007, 08:37
Half the people you know are below average. :-?

Photofanatic
04-26-2007, 08:46
Lugnut, what is esbit in the morning?

camojack
04-26-2007, 08:59

...that's not true; some of them are right at average, so over half of the people you know are average or below. :confused:

Pennsylvania Rose
04-26-2007, 09:23
But if we end stupidity what will we do with 15-25 year old guys? I kinda like my son, even though he wants to hop across wet, slimy rocks at the top of waterfalls.

EWS
04-26-2007, 09:33
If he falls just call it canyoning. The stupidity is then replaced with bravery ;)

Lion King
04-26-2007, 12:43
I don't think they could keep track of their sign. Tattoos on foreheads would work better.

I can see it now, A Stupid looks into a mirror..

Bubba
"Why the hell they wanna go an' rit "noroM" on my head?"

Earl Ray
"I dont know, mine says "diputS", Dip Uts? What the hell is that?"

Lion King
04-26-2007, 12:45

Or is it a stupid person with a clean complextion?

Gray Blazer
04-26-2007, 12:48
But if we end stupidity what will we do with 15-25 year old guys? I kinda like my son, even though he wants to hop across wet, slimy rocks at the top of waterfalls.

If he were my son, I would do whatever it takes to stop that habit. Nip it in the bud. That is not stupid, it's incredibly dangerous.:confused:

Lion King
04-26-2007, 12:48

Natural selection will continue to be allowed, and an alter somewhere for people to stare at and say "awwwwww" will be built with the names and the reasons for the departed being there.

Sorta like an educational "Dont do this" wall, and beside it will be a reading totur so the stupid people who come 'jes fur the picturs' wont have an excuse if they walk in front of a bus right after they leave the wall.

Lugnut
04-26-2007, 13:00
Lugnut, what is esbit in the morning?

Fuel tabs for my stove. The saying is actually a take off from the movie "Apocolypse Now" of Robert Duvall's line about napalm.

Lugnut
04-26-2007, 13:02
...that's not true; some of them are right at average, so over half of the people you know are average or below. :confused:

I think I may be too stupid to comprehend that one. :eek:

The Old Fhart
04-26-2007, 13:08
Lugnut-"The saying is actually a take off from the movie "Apocolypse Now" of Robert Duvall's line about napalm."You Tube video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwqdBkaWsTA).

Brrrb Oregon
04-26-2007, 13:08

It depends on who you know.
(Do you only get to count the people who will admit to knowing you? :rolleyes: )

Lugnut
04-26-2007, 13:12
It depends on who you know.
(Do you only get to count the people who will admit to knowing you? :rolleyes: )

Guess I asked for that. :o

Rhino-lfl
04-26-2007, 13:18
There is a difference between stupidity and Hilarity....I think its like 7 beers, 2 shine swigs, 15 cigarettes, and a tug off the Old Mans bourbon.

I resent being called an old man!

Rhino-lfl
04-26-2007, 13:19
I propose the sterilization of people with below average intelligence, and it has to be put in effect worldwide.

Then there would only be 4 republicans and me left in the world, and I'm not into old man sex.

Rhino-lfl
04-26-2007, 13:22
Do you know the current IQ norm is 90 to 110. 90 being low average, 100 being average, and 110 being high average. I have a few ticks above average but I'm still stupider. I just learned this stuff yesterday. I had to take some tests to go back to school... Just the thought of going back to schook makes me stupider than all of you.

I scored 137-142 on the UQ tests I have taken. I should contact Mensa, do they have any hot chicks?

Brrrb Oregon
04-26-2007, 13:26
If he were my son, I would do whatever it takes to stop that habit. Nip it in the bud. That is not stupid, it's incredibly dangerous.:confused:

Stupidity IS incredibly dangerous. The only things more incredibly dangerous than simple ignorance-based stupidities are recreational and vanity stupidities. (Diplomatic stupidity excepted, since 15-25 year-olds don't get to do that. A stupid person has to become old and powerful in order to fully realize his or her dangerous potential, which unfortunately harms mostly others by that time.)

Besides, the ignorantly stupid may live to progress to less-dangerous mistakes, while the proudly stupid "bravely" progress to ever-more-dangerous idiocies until they kill themselves, cripple themselves up too much to try again, or somehow stumble upon a way to accomplish something safer that they might be rightly proud of.

Yes, that kid needs to be re-directed, preferably towards some accomplishments he can rightly take pride in, lest Darwin's laws prohibit the arrival of grandchildren.

Photofanatic
04-26-2007, 13:32
Rhino-lfl
I don't know if you should be calling mensa they might introduce you to a new education then when would you hike. As for the hot women. Me, being a woman have the authority to tell you and any other man out there who is willing to accept it.

Women are hazardous to your heath and wealth. Keep it dutch and the world would be a much better place for all.

Rhino-lfl
04-26-2007, 13:41
Yes, that kid needs to be re-directed, preferably towards some accomplishments he can rightly take pride in, lest Darwin's laws prohibit the arrival of grandchildren.

He doesn't need grand children, there are plenty of idiot parents out there that would be more then happy to give up their kids so they can spend more time taking drugs and collecting welfare.

Rhino-lfl
04-26-2007, 13:42
Women are hazardous to your heath and wealth. Keep it dutch and the world would be a much better place for all.

Oh boy I found that out the hard way ... and I STILL haven't learned.

Gray Blazer
04-26-2007, 13:47
I scored 137-142 on the UQ tests I have taken. I should contact Mensa, do they have any hot chicks?

Are you kidding!!!:welcome

Gray Blazer
04-26-2007, 13:48
Stupidity IS incredibly dangerous. The only things more incredibly dangerous than simple ignorance-based stupidities are recreational and vanity stupidities. (Diplomatic stupidity excepted, since 15-25 year-olds don't get to do that. A stupid person has to become old and powerful in order to fully realize his or her dangerous potential, which unfortunately harms mostly others by that time.)

Besides, the ignorantly stupid may live to progress to less-dangerous mistakes, while the proudly stupid "bravely" progress to ever-more-dangerous idiocies until they kill themselves, cripple themselves up too much to try again, or somehow stumble upon a way to accomplish something safer that they might be rightly proud of.

You said a mouthful!

Brrrb Oregon
04-26-2007, 13:52

That may be as true as the trail is long for you, but statistically it is nonsense.

Married men live longer and die with more money....if they stay married. Even though the average guy may be happier and wealthier if he marries, not every guy is average. Those who aren't are wise to find it out before they marry some poor woman and learn the hard way which group they were in.

It is better to remain single your whole life than to marry badly even once. You can divorce a spouse, but an ex is forever.

In the meantime, yes....go dutch, or at least reciprocate on whose wallet picks up the tab. That will weed out a lot of headaches for everyone, right there. I'm with you on that one. And if you aren't willing to make your money and her money into "our" money....keep looking.

tripp
04-26-2007, 14:03
I'm not very good with math, some might even say I'm stupid with it, but I think I might have something figured out... :-?

If stupidity = ignorance + lack of cognitive ability
and
intelligence = ignorance + having cognitive ability + education
then
ignorance is the basis of all life...ahh this is just stupid isn't it?...

weary
04-26-2007, 14:15
He doesn't need grand children, there are plenty of idiot parents out there that would be more then happy to give up their kids so they can spend more time taking drugs and collecting welfare.
That statement suggests the tests that scored you "137-142 on the UQ tests" may have been wrong.

Easy ways for collecting welfare were abolished by Clinton a decade ago. It's time for even stupid neocons (yeah, I know, an oxymoron) to take notice.

Weary

Photofanatic
04-26-2007, 14:19
In the meantime, yes....go dutch, or at least reciprocate on whose wallet picks up the tab. That will weed out a lot of headaches for everyone, right there. I'm with you on that one. And if you aren't willing to make your money and her money into "our" money....keep looking.

Unfortunately I was on the receiving end of this lesson. I trusted his words of "luv." Meanwhile he tried to take everything that was mine before marriage, his, ours and my mothers home and make it all his. He did all this while I was on my thru hike. He was sooooo good at it too. I would call home and never had a clue anything was going on. My mother who lived right next door to me was the first one to suspect something. This was her family home and passed onto me. She started getting suspicious when she learned others that my husband had moved his girlfriend into my home.

He had gone to court, filed for divorce, claimed everything had always been his and without one piece of paper to verify this he gained control of my family home, and both of my businesses, slaughtered 14 of my 27 horses and starved the other 13. It took a year for me to get them back and by that point the businesses were in such financial disfunction I couldn't bring them back to life and sold out.

This is why I think I am a good candidate for the "poster hiker" in a collaborate effort to "Hike to end Stupidity.

Fortunately though I did not go through all of this and come out as a male basher. I just don't think I will trust the "luv" thing the way I used to. No since in being stupid because I know that as much as women are hazardous to your health and wealth men can be too and quite destructive to the heart as well. I do write this in good humor though.

Lion King
04-26-2007, 14:24
I'm not very good with math, some might even say I'm stupid with it, but I think I might have something figured out... :-?

and
then

In that case, ignorance is the basis of all life, the basis of ignroance is bliss, so in a sense, stupidity is bliss....as education actually can blind you from the truth by showering you with opinions that are based in, well opinions and not fact.

A Hike to end Bliss would be stupid.

Lion King
04-26-2007, 14:34
I would like to add that I think its hilarious that this has a five star rating.
:D

Pennsylvania Rose
04-26-2007, 14:57

Running joke in my family. He's almost 16, terrified of heights (in the past year wouldn't climb a firetower, went up a lighthouse but refused to step onto the observation deck, stays 10 feet away from the edge of cliffs) and driving. But get him near a creek and he loses all sense. On the same trip he refused to climb Shuckstack firetower he terrified me by trying to climb onto a fallen tree over a cascade with a series of 10 foot drops. Trust me, I stopped him.

Rhino-lfl
04-26-2007, 15:33
That statement suggests the tests that scored you "137-142 on the UQ tests" may have been wrong.

Easy ways for collecting welfare were abolished by Clinton a decade ago. It's time for even stupid neocons (yeah, I know, an oxymoron) to take notice.

Weary

That was a tongue and cheek remark ...

Someone here scored low :)

We need stupid people that are lovable and mean well.

j/k lol ... or am I? No I am. Really.

Rhino-lfl
04-26-2007, 15:36
Unfortunately I was on the receiving end of this lesson. I trusted his words of "luv." Meanwhile he tried to take everything that was mine before marriage, his, ours and my mothers home and make it all his. He did all this while I was on my thru hike. He was sooooo good at it too. I would call home and never had a clue anything was going on. My mother who lived right next door to me was the first one to suspect something. This was her family home and passed onto me. She started getting suspicious when she learned others that my husband had moved his girlfriend into my home.

He had gone to court, filed for divorce, claimed everything had always been his and without one piece of paper to verify this he gained control of my family home, and both of my businesses, slaughtered 14 of my 27 horses and starved the other 13. It took a year for me to get them back and by that point the businesses were in such financial disfunction I couldn't bring them back to life and sold out.

This is why I think I am a good candidate for the "poster hiker" in a collaborate effort to "Hike to end Stupidity.

Fortunately though I did not go through all of this and come out as a male basher. I just don't think I will trust the "luv" thing the way I used to. No since in being stupid because I know that as much as women are hazardous to your health and wealth men can be too and quite destructive to the heart as well. I do write this in good humor though.

There is nothing wrong with love. You just made a wrong choice based on what you felt he felt. I hope that someday you find a person who deserves you.

Jester2000
04-26-2007, 17:27
I've gotten dumber reading this thread.

Nightwalker
04-26-2007, 19:24
hahaha I guess they are. At least I can laugh again. Can't wait to get this root canal thing done. I have to be on antibiotics for 7 days first. I should be feeling fine and have a new shiny tooth by Trail Daze.

Got a color picked out? Maybe lavender or hunter green would be nice...

Nightwalker
04-26-2007, 19:29

You leave my wife outta this. :)

EWS
04-26-2007, 22:32

My friends and I used to take the IQ tests and ACTs/SATs for fun, and to see who would be buying the drinks next we went out. Mensa wanted us to pay about $50 a year for membership. I don't like clubs or organizations, and sure as hell wasn't going to pay to be a part of one. 141/137/144

Brrrb Oregon
04-26-2007, 23:27
I'm not very good with math, some might even say I'm stupid with it, but I think I might have something figured out...

and
then

Stupidity is the lack of cognitive ability, even if only because of a temporary inability to access it. Hypothermia, for instance, can make you stupid. Lack of sleep can make you stupid. Falling for the wrong person can, unfortunately, make you stupid. Pride, in particular, can make you stupid. When you come out of it, if you come out of it, you count yourself lucky if you are not half-dead, in a ditch, or responsible for having brought catastrophe upon someone innocent.

Ignorance is lack of education or training. The difference between training and education is essentially the difference between programming a computer and priming a pump. Training gives a person an algorithm by which to perform a mental or physical task in a particular way. Education gives a person a basis from which to elicit and communicate thoughts deeply and cleanly from his or her own mind. In other words, education and training broaden the use of our minds in complimentary ways.

A certain amount of intelligence is required for either education or training, but without an ability to apply oneself or the will to do it, all the intelligence in the world is of no avail. Unfortunately, all the intelligence, training, and education in the world cannot totally immunize one from being stupid.

Wisdom, in contrast, is a chosen harmony with the inexorable patterns by which the universe runs, both inside ourselves and without, whether or not we have a cognitive understanding of those patterns or even whether we fully understand their existence. In wisdom, there is compassion, there is peace, there is freedom. It isn't stupid, but it isn't about being smart, either.

Stupidity, intelligence, training, and education: these things are of the mind. Wisdom, OTOH, is a state of being. You can be educated to say wise things, even trained to do so, but you are only truly wise if you have started to live the truth within the sayings. Wisdom, not intelligence, is the best antidote to the world's stupidity, for only wisdom is not overcome by it.

Maybe we'll never really have a hike that ends the world's stupidity, but let's hope that every hike takes away a little of ours, and that every journey we take brings us a little closer to wisdom.

Wanderers Nachtlied --- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832)

Ueber allen Gipfeln Over all the summits,
ist Ruh, Is peace,
In allen Wipfeln In all the treetops
Spuerest du You feel
Kaum einen Hauch; barely a breath.
Die Voegelein schweigen im Walde. The birds are silent in the woods.
Warte nur! Balde Wait! Soon
Ruhest du auch. You will be at peace, as well.

(Hey! Maybe this isn't a stupid thread, after all! :-? )

Lugnut
04-26-2007, 23:34
Well, I'll concede that you are not stupid, but judging by the complexity of your post it appears that you definitely have too much time on your hands. :banana

freefall
04-26-2007, 23:54

I Love Gen. Tso's!!
Chicken... yeah right!

freefall
04-27-2007, 00:00
Ok... whats the procedure for stupid?

Hiking for the Roman incarnation of our savior....I think he wore a robe...
At Trail Days....

camojack
04-27-2007, 01:06
It's time for even stupid neocons (yeah, I know, an oxymoron) to take notice.
Weary

...although I'm pretty sure you meant to say redundant, I'd be more inclined to agree with what you actually did say. :-?

Two Speed
04-27-2007, 05:52
I've gotten dumber reading this thread.Which means Lion King's nefarious plan is working. :eek:
Well, I'll concede that you are not stupid, but judging by the complexity of your post it appears that you definitely have too much time on your hands. :bananaYep, that's why we're all here, too much time on our hands.:banana

Photofanatic
04-27-2007, 06:03

Got a color picked out? Maybe lavender or hunter green would be nice...

I chose flesh color. I was in so much pain yesterday I finally gave up and went to an emergency dentist in the evening and had it pulled out. I can feel where the tooth was pulled out but it doesn't hurt.

A couple of tidbits that I learned from the dentist and could be useful to other hikers and I know many have had to take a zero day or two for dental reasons. 1. A dry socket (an extremely painful experience) is caused by loosing the blood clot where the tooth was. To prevent getting a dry socket that takes a very long time to heal.

1. Do not spit, either swallow it or let it drool out.
2. Do not smoke
3. Do not drink through a straw
4. Do not do any heavy lifting, over 30lbs. What's the average full pack weight after resupply and water fill? Mine is right around 30 lbs.
5. Avoid carbonated drinks for 24 hours.
6. Eat soft diet for the first few days.

Something interesting beyond these items is "If you experience bleeding that won't stop, try biting on a moistened tea bag for 30 minutes.

Does anyone know if tea is a natural coagulant. If so then it would make a very lightweight pack item to treat a bleeding accident.

Photofanatic
04-27-2007, 07:13
Something interesting beyond these items is "If you experience bleeding that won't stop, try biting on a moistened tea bag for 30 minutes.

Does anyone know if tea is a natural coagulant. If so then it would make a very lightweight pack item to treat a bleeding accident.

Hey I was able to find something on it that I thought was pretty cool. So we can all be smart check this out.

http://www.kayted.com/health/Benefits%20of%20Natural%20Foods.doc
TEA (including black, oolong and green tea, not herbal teas). Amazing and diverse pharmacological activity, mainly due to catechins. Tea acts as an anticoagulant, artery protector, antibiotic, anti-ulcer agent, cavity-fighter, anti-diarrheal agent, anti-viral agent, diuretic (caffeine), analgesic (caffeine), mild sedative (decaffeinated). In animals tea and tea compounds are potent blockers of various cancers. Tea drinkers appear to have less arteriosclerosis (damaged, clogged arteries) and fewer strokes. Excessive tea drinking because of its caffeine could aggravate anxiety, insomnia and symptoms of PMS. Tea may also promote kidney stone because of its high oxalate content. Green tea, popular in Asian countries, is highest in catechins, followed by oolong and ordinary black tea, common in the United States. Green tea is considered most potent. One human study, however, found no difference in benefits to arteries from green or black tea.

saimyoji
04-27-2007, 07:34
Do not spit, either swallow it or let it drool out.

Hmmmm.......:banana

Photofanatic
04-27-2007, 08:28
Hmmmm.......:banana
My sixteen year old daughter tells me her mind isn't in the gutter "it is the gutter." Bet you've been hanging out with her.

The Old Fhart
04-27-2007, 09:04
L. Wolfe-"My sixteen year old daughter tells me her mind isn't in the gutter "it is the gutter."
"All of us are in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."-Frederick Nietzsche

Smile
04-27-2007, 09:21
Are those your measurements?

:)

SGT Rock
04-27-2007, 09:31
Join this group: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Densa

Gray Blazer
04-27-2007, 10:30
Densa-I'm a charter member. Dense makes sense.:p

EWS
04-27-2007, 10:32
I bet they'd have better get-togethers too.

Darwin again
04-27-2007, 10:52
"All of us are in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."-Frederick Nietzsche

Misquote. To wit:

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan, 1892, Act III

"You can't fall off the floor." -- My family motto.

Photofanatic
04-27-2007, 10:56
You may not be able to fall off the floor but you can fall upstairs and it sucks when it happens. It really hard on the shins.

Brrrb Oregon
04-27-2007, 15:07
Well, I'll concede that you are not stupid, but judging by the complexity of your post it appears that you definitely have too much time on your hands. :banana

It's nearly as bad. :o

Nightwalker
04-27-2007, 16:59
...although I'm pretty sure you meant to say redundant, I'd be more inclined to agree with what you actually did say. :-?

Camo: It doesn't do much good to talk to Weary. He seems to only take seriously those that he agrees with. He hasn't spoken to me since I (gasp!) accused him of picking on conservatives a couple of years ago. He did make some sort of veiled insult about people using headaches as an excuse to get off of the trail, so maybe that counts for something?

conservative <> republican--from this ex-republican.

Nightwalker
04-27-2007, 17:03
It's nearly as bad. :o

Hey, I come here between playing in the woods. It's much more fun than TV!

Brrrb Oregon
04-27-2007, 20:01
Hey, I come here between playing in the woods. It's much more fun than TV!

This is true. Still, I need to get out more!

Brrrb Oregon
04-27-2007, 20:05

Which brings to mind another quote: "You are not drunk until you have to hold on to the grass to keep from falling off the earth."

Which is stupid, but I like it, anyway!

Jester2000
04-27-2007, 21:48
You are not drunk until you can fall down two flights of stairs and the coal chute and not hurt yourself.

moxie
04-27-2007, 23:23
:-?
You are not drunk until you can fall down two flights of stairs and the coal chute and not hurt yourself.
True story of drunk survivial: In another life I was town cop. Call, 3am, country road. A pick up going 90mph had gone into a ditch, gone airborn, turned upside down, wrapped around a tree six feet up the trunk. Cab was crushed and about the size of a kitchen stove. A State Trooper and I arrived together, We knew we had a certain fatal and called for a Sargent. I reached into the twisted metal to see if I could find a body. I felt something soft. Suddenly the soft thing murmered and burped. The State Trooper said, can you hear me, are you alive? The soft thing said "what seems to be the problem officer?" The trooper said, you have been in a accident, are you alone. The soft thing in the twisted metal said, no..Fred is with me, If Fred was in there we knew for sure it was a fatal. Then the soft thing said, "is this a red truck or a green truck? and I answered a green truck. He said, Fred was in the red truck, I'm all alone. The trooper then said, hold on, we have the jaws of life coming, we will cut you out. The soft thing then said, open the fu**ing door and I'll get out. Trooper asked, what have you had to drink and the soft thing answered, a 12 pack of beer and a pint if Allens Coffee Brandy. We tore at the twisted metal and pulled a big piece away, there was the soft thing upside down, jamed into a space just the size of his body left as the truck body collapsed around him. He did not have a scratch. The trooper was due to start a two week vacation at 6am and I didn't feel like doing six hours paperwork at 5am so we didn't bust the guy for DUI. We figured if God let him live through that he must have a mission in mind for him. A sober man would never have lived through that crash.

Brrrb Oregon
04-27-2007, 23:34
The soft thing said "what seems to be the problem officer?"

LOL!!! Don't need a breath test for that one!

camojack
04-28-2007, 01:09
Camo: It doesn't do much good to talk to Weary. He seems to only take seriously those that he agrees with. He hasn't spoken to me since I (gasp!) accused him of picking on conservatives a couple of years ago. He did make some sort of veiled insult about people using headaches as an excuse to get off of the trail, so maybe that counts for something?

Weary did acknowledge once that an article I posted (contrary to his views) was well done...FWIW. :-?

hacksaw
04-28-2007, 12:47
To borrow a line from one of the "Blue Collar Comedians" Ron White I believe,

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID

weary
04-28-2007, 13:22

Nightwalker your posts are so wise and complete, that I am only able to sit in stunned, silent, awe after reading them.

Weary

Brrrb Oregon
04-28-2007, 17:35
To borrow a line from one of the "Blue Collar Comedians" Ron White I believe,

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID

Yes. It either resolves itself or it doesn't.

It kind of makes one wish that society could quarantine it. The mere logistics of space, however, argue in favor of quarantining the few who never fall victim to stupidity, instead.

It would be a kind of a Molokai for the perpetually mindful. There would be a poetic justice to having the stupid pitch your perfect little self out of a ship and into a tossing sea with your little box of belongings, bidding you good luck in your swim towards a paradise free of them and their faults.

It could work. Most of the people who belong in that paradise would jump long before they were pushed.

camojack
04-29-2007, 00:38
Yes. It either resolves itself or it doesn't.

It kind of makes one wish that society could quarantine it. The mere logistics of space, however, argue in favor of quarantining the few who never fall victim to stupidity, instead.

It would be a kind of a Molokai for the perpetually mindful. There would be a poetic justice to having the stupid pitch your perfect little self out of a ship and into a tossing sea with your little box of belongings, bidding you good luck in your swim towards a paradise free of them and their faults.

It could work. Most of the people who belong in that paradise would jump long before they were pushed.

Or do you mean that isolated peninsula on the North side thereof...with the leper colony? :eek:

Brrrb Oregon
04-29-2007, 03:44
Or do you mean that isolated peninsula on the North side thereof...with the leper colony? :eek:

Well, the concept is kind of like the peninsula, but I'm thinking that the population might possibly warrant an entire island somewhere.

I mean, I'm posting here when I could be sleeping. They sure aren't going to let me in the colony of the stupidity-free.

As many people as I know who are exasperated by the idiots, there aren't that many who really want to live entirely without all of the rest of us. Most of these utopians think they can make us perfect, that it is possible to drive down the freeway in the company of the general population without experiencing any driving mistakes from the other drivers. This only proves that they are really one of us! :D

Lion King
04-29-2007, 13:30
So popular it gor relocated!

LOL

Smile
04-29-2007, 16:56
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity :)

Hey, is there a colony of the Stupidity Free at Trail Days? I thought I stayed one night at the Stupidity Free Shelter, perhaps I was mistaken.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
04-29-2007, 19:34
I heard there were toes in need of biting on this thread. Line up fellows.....

Gray Blazer
04-29-2007, 20:08
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity :)

Thanks, I needed that. Is that Mark Twain? Do you know who said that?

Smile
04-30-2007, 08:38
Unknown - Hanlon's Razor.

Also can take a look at variations here. (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Robert_J._Hanlon):)

Gray Blazer
04-30-2007, 13:47
Unknown - Hanlon's Razor.

Also can take a look at variations here. (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Robert_J._Hanlon):)

Cool. Thanks.

Jester2000
05-01-2007, 18:14
Pride, in particular, can make you stupid.

Pride goeth before the fall.

Wait. That's not right.
It's summer.

Summer goeth before the fall.