PDA

View Full Version : Franklin's 2007 Season Ending

Ron Haven
04-25-2007, 21:21
I would like to take this time to thank all of these nice folks who donated their time to run shuttles,fix and serve food,play music,and lend a helping hand in many ways for the 2007 northbounders who came through Franklin.As the season is slowing down and the days are getting warmer,I know most of the northbounders are between Davenport Gap and Damascus now.

I really hope all of you northbounders who brought much joy to us here in Franklin this season are really doing well.All of us here send our best wishes through out your hike and hope we meet again.Possibly at Trail Days.

I personally send thanks to all those who put their trust in me and gave me the opportunity to serve them and be a part of your hike.

Good Luck,Ron Haven Family & the
Staff of Sapphire Inn & Budget Inn

Lone Wolf
04-25-2007, 22:35
You, your wife and children are good people. Thanks for all you do. see y'all soon.:)

TIDE-HSV
04-25-2007, 22:51
us section guys are safe to come over to that area now... :)

Gray Blazer
04-25-2007, 23:22
Thankyou!! I had a great time in Franklin. Say hi to the boys for me.

Earl Grey
04-25-2007, 23:41
I'll be there this fall when going SOBO. :P

Ron Haven
04-26-2007, 09:58
us section guys are safe to come over to that area now... :)Thanks for all the kind reactions friends.Yes you are safe here tide.

In saving as many from freezing to death 4/6/07 a volunteer made a boo boo with you that I can't change.He went to the wrong place to pick you up.This day I rescued 200+ hikers from Deep Gap to Tellico Gap and a trip to the Atlanta Airport.I filled 4 motels,worked 23 hours straight.

Here is a link to one of the bus loads after I picked up the load you were on
http://www.appalachiantrailservices.com/pics/kodak/100_0108_700.jpg
When you come back I will give you a free shuttle if that will be fair.All of your group were really nice folks.Hope to see all of you again soon.

spittinpigeon
04-26-2007, 10:52
Thanks for all the kind reactions friends.Yes you are safe here tide.
Here is a link to one of the bus loads after I picked up the load you were on
http://www.appalachiantrailservices.com/pics/kodak/100_0108_700.jpg
When you come back I will give you a free shuttle if that will be fair.All of your group were really nice folks.Hope to see all of you again soon.

I bet it smelled REAL nice in there.

digger51
04-26-2007, 12:18
Ron...you always do great things for the hikers. Sorry I wasn't able to make it this year, but the new spouselet and I will see you next year if she can make it that far.

Cuppa Joe
04-26-2007, 14:47
Ron,

Just out of curiousity, how many hikers attempting their thru-hike do you estimate came by this year?

Ron Haven
04-26-2007, 20:15
Ron,

Just out of curiousity, how many hikers attempting their thru-hike do you estimate came by this year?Pigeon it smelled like ah-ah-ah-ah :eek: GrayBlazer the pleasure was ours,I hope we get more venders next year.I liked yours & Fishin Freds display.

Black math,we are good to South Bounders here in Franklin too!

Digger we will be wide open in 2008.As Bob Barkers says"come on down".

Cuppa Joe,we have had well over 3,500 so far but lots of them are section & weekenders also.I rough guess 10% to 12% didn't stop into Franklin.

SGT Rock
04-26-2007, 20:34
Thanks for the great time at your place Ron. You and your folks are good people.

Skidsteer
04-26-2007, 20:35
Go take a nap, Ron. You earned it.

Ron Haven
04-26-2007, 20:43
Go take a nap, Ron. You earned it.Thanks Skidds.I need a bath first:D

Ron Haven
04-26-2007, 20:48
Thanks for the great time at your place Ron. You and your folks are good people.Rock,I am glad you and Dixie came.You are a great hero for our country.We need to get Attroll down here next year.That 2010 is getting nearer for him. :banana

Lilred
04-26-2007, 21:26
My husband and I had a great time as well. Saw some old friends from my 2005 hike, which was very cool, and met a bunch of new ones. It's always nice to put faces to names. Thanks Ron

weary
04-26-2007, 22:03
Ron...you always do great things for the hikers. Sorry I wasn't able to make it this year, but the new spouselet and I will see you next year if she can make it that far.
Hmmm. As a student of words, what pray tell is a "spouselet?"

Weary

sleeveless
04-26-2007, 22:06
Ron, It's a little overdue but I want to thank you for you great hospitality in 2005. I was there Easter weekend when you were pulling people off the trails because of heavy snows. We got there the day before the storm and had to stay an extra day because you couldn't even drive up to the trails. While I was there I thought I had lost my money, ID and debit card. Fortunately when packing to leave I found them. I got a little travel bag for passports at the outfitters and some light cord and I made a necklace type of thing and carried my money etc. around my neck for almost the entire hike. Didn't lose it again. A little rambling aside but again, a belated thanks.

Sleeveless AT '05
http:www.trailjournals.com/sleeveless

digger51
04-27-2007, 02:38
A little spouse of course. I am not a student of words, i just prevert them as i feel it suits my porpoise.

Ron Haven
04-27-2007, 22:15
Ron, It's a little overdue but I want to thank you for you great hospitality in 2005. I was there Easter weekend when you were pulling people off the trails because of heavy snows. We got there the day before the storm and had to stay an extra day because you couldn't even drive up to the trails. While I was there I thought I had lost my money, ID and debit card. Fortunately when packing to leave I found them. I got a little travel bag for passports at the outfitters and some light cord and I made a necklace type of thing and carried my money etc. around my neck for almost the entire hike. Didn't lose it again. A little rambling aside but again, a belated thanks.

Sleeveless AT '05
http:www.trailjournals.com/sleeveless (http://www.trailjournals.com/sleeveless)Sleeveless,I remember that snow.