PDA

View Full Version : Hooray For My Hiker Friends

RedneckRye
04-26-2007, 02:03
I don't see my hiking friends nearly as often as I see my friends here in town, but I do stuff for my hiker friends that I'd never do for my local friends.

On a whim, decide to go to Georgia to see a hiker off on ANOTHER thru hike? Yeah sure.
Skip Thanksgiving or Easter to go to Janet's instead of hanging with my real family? Absolutely.
Take a weekend off in February to go to the Doyle to hang with friends, have a beer, read bad poetry, and eat breakfast at Trail Angel Mary's? Sign me up.
Drive to New Hampshire for the weekend (12 hours each way) to go to the Gathering? Don't even have to think about it.

Tomorrow morning I'm headed to Alabama to go to Bean & Rabid's wedding. I was on top of Mt. Whitney last summer on the PCT when they got engaged and they were so happy I almost threw up. I can't wait to see them get hitched. The ceremony is outside so maybe I'll wear my nicest and ONLY suit - Gore-Tex, of course. Last I heard the reception will have a bluegrass band and BBQ. I can't wait to see my hiker friends.

Hooray for my hiker friends.

Lion King
04-26-2007, 02:44
I don't see my hiking friends nearly as often as I see my friends here in town, but I do stuff for my hiker friends that I'd never do for my local friends.

On a whim, decide to go to Georgia to see a hiker off on ANOTHER thru hike? Yeah sure.
Skip Thanksgiving or Easter to go to Janet's instead of hanging with my real family? Absolutely.
Take a weekend off in February to go to the Doyle to hang with friends, have a beer, read bad poetry, and eat breakfast at Trail Angel Mary's? Sign me up.
Drive to New Hampshire for the weekend (12 hours each way) to go to the Gathering? Don't even have to think about it.

Tomorrow morning I'm headed to Alabama to go to Bean & Rabid's wedding. I was on top of Mt. Whitney last summer on the PCT when they got engaged and they were so happy I almost threw up. I can't wait to see them get hitched. The ceremony is outside so maybe I'll wear my nicest and ONLY suit - Gore-Tex, of course. Last I heard the reception will have a bluegrass band and BBQ. I can't wait to see my hiker friends.

Hooray for my hiker friends.

Put the beer down and back slowly away from the computer.:D

Mna, I wish I was going to the wedding.
Give them my love or whatever.

RiverWarriorPJ
04-26-2007, 05:56
..Kool Post L.K...........