PDA

View Full Version : Long Creek Falls

SGT Rock
09-03-2002, 20:31
Long Creek Falls is a beutiful place only 5 miles from Springer Mountain .1 miles or less on a blue blaze side trail. There are some good tent places and a great place to go in the creek that feeds the falls. Honestly, after seeing the shelter on Springer Mountain and the falls, I plan to make my first night on the trail when I thru-hike at the falls instead of another mouse infested shelter.

Happy
01-20-2003, 15:29
I agree that this is one of the most beauitiful stops along the sections in Georgia, and that all thru hikers should travel the .02 miles round trip for lunch or to spend a few minutes to experience the area.

PushingDaisies
01-20-2003, 18:42
I wasn't able to make a stop here as a very creepy guy was following me and my hiking partner at that point. He had been sitting in his truck on the road that was near by and got out once we passed him.

I will make an effort to stop there this year.

SGT Rock
01-20-2003, 18:48
It is close enough to the road that day hikers come here. There was a couple there when I camped there, obviously day hikers. He was on his knees in front of her, maybe it was a romantic proposal :-?

Scorpion
01-22-2003, 11:42
I agree that Long Creek Falls is a must see. I've been there several times. My first was with a scout group between Springer and Gooch Gap. Another trip I took my daughter and grandaughter there. We parked at three forks and camped along the creek downstream from the falls. My grandaughter is 5 and it was her first night in a tent. We did hot dogs over a campfire, and she enjoyed the whole experience. Before we walked up to the falls she put on her swiming suit and said she was going swiming under the falls. Once there though she changed her mind. I think the sound of the water thundering over the falls scared her. We did eat lunch at the falls.

We then drove up to the FS42 parking lot near Springer and the three of us walked to the top of springer. My grandaughter signed the register there. It was her first overnight in the mountains, and she's ready for more. Glad to get the kids started out.

Scorpion

bjackw
03-09-2003, 16:34
I did a quick hike to Long Creek Falls yesterday, my first visit in over 6 months. With all the recent rain the falls were even more gorgeous than usual. The short side trip to the falls is a MUST for anyone passing by.

ChinMusic
11-12-2008, 17:41
I stopped by Long Creek Falls last Friday. It is a beautiful spot. I was pleased with the pics I got:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b186/ChinMusicIHSS/Backpacking/AT/LongCreekFalls.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b186/ChinMusicIHSS/Backpacking/AT/LongCreekFalls2.jpg