PDA

View Full Version : Anybody With Any Info On This, Im Starting...

Lion King
04-29-2007, 03:43
...right after Trail days, basically...aprox June 1

PackRat and I are hiking it, as far as I know, I am for certian.

Any one with any info on books, guides, maps, markers, any thing that I may need to know, please tell me.

Ive looked at the ADT page of FAQS and thats all cool, but what about hard copies of stuff?

anything available to hike with so I dont take a wrong turn in Albuquerque?
Thanks BugsBunny for that little pun...

anyway...any and all info is appreciated!

L to the K

Marta
04-29-2007, 07:15
I think Marcia Powers goes into their planning in some detail:

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=1870

She says they started with AAA maps, and then got local maps for more detail.

Good luck!

Marta/Five-Leaf

hammock engineer
04-30-2007, 10:34
I have hiked parts of the parts that go around Cincinnati, OH. That part that goes through the city and over a bridge cuts through the trendy bar area and then I think it goes through one of are many ghetto area's.

If you need more info on this part, shoot Doctari a PM. I think he helped someone with a good part of it. If you hit it after I am back from my sobo hike, I will be willing to help out.

Lion King
04-30-2007, 23:12
I have hiked parts of the parts that go around Cincinnati, OH. That part that goes through the city and over a bridge cuts through the trendy bar area and then I think it goes through one of are many ghetto area's.

If you need more info on this part, shoot Doctari a PM. I think he helped someone with a good part of it. If you hit it after I am back from my sobo hike, I will be willing to help out.

Now by Ghetto, do you mean a Safe Ghetto?

hammock engineer
05-01-2007, 00:28
Now by Ghetto, do you mean a Safe Ghetto?

Safe enough. I wouldn't do it at night. When about do you think you will be in this area? I'll take a better look at the ADT map and let you know.

Lion King
05-26-2007, 12:38
Looking at a June 15thish start now...hopefully....July 1st at the latest

Lyle
05-26-2007, 13:02
May want to contact Susan "Butch" Henley. She is the acting Executive Director for the ADT and is an experienced thru hiker - AT, Hikanation (preursor to ADT). She has also biked cross-country. Tell her Lyle sent you, she is a very good friend of mine.

Another person who could maybe help you out is Reese Leuki. Both of these folks are listed under "About Us" - "Staff and Board" on the website.

I believe you will get through to Butch via the ADT phone numbers or email.

I don't believe that they have printed maps or guide available as of yet. They receive no funding from NPS or NFS for such things.

Are you anticipating a video of this hike? I would love to see that if you do :-)

Good luck.
Lyle

Lion King
06-01-2007, 16:09
May want to contact Susan "Butch" Henley. She is the acting Executive Director for the ADT and is an experienced thru hiker - AT, Hikanation (preursor to ADT). She has also biked cross-country. Tell her Lyle sent you, she is a very good friend of mine.

Another person who could maybe help you out is Reese Leuki. Both of these folks are listed under "About Us" - "Staff and Board" on the website.

I believe you will get through to Butch via the ADT phone numbers or email.

I don't believe that they have printed maps or guide available as of yet. They receive no funding from NPS or NFS for such things.

Are you anticipating a video of this hike? I would love to see that if you do :-)

Good luck.
Lyle

Yes I am, and I got my turn by turn guides and maps from the first section from Butch already.

She is a swetheart.