PDA

View Full Version : Disposable washcloths

Grunt
04-29-2007, 12:55
My wife turned me on to Huggies Disposable Washcloths...what a way to go. Light weight...already inpregnated with soap; you don't have to rinse. Just wet the cloth and hit the areas that you need to clean the most. After ten days....I have never felt so clean hiking. I used them almost every night and felt and slept soooo much better.

Grunt

Fiddleback
04-29-2007, 19:45
Don't know how big the Huggies are but you can get 'adult body wash cloths' in drug stores such as CVS. Essentially, they're oversized wet wipes...the ones I use are 9½ x 13". I use a damp miracle fibre wash cloth to wipe the grit and grime off and then followup with the the above (no wetting necessary). It does leave ya' feeling clean and it's great feeling to take into the hammock...;)

FB

Frolicking Dinosaurs
04-29-2007, 20:52
The Huggies are dry clothes with baby body wash in them. When you wet them, they lather up. They have a light fragrance - Lavender and Chamomile. They are wonderful.

greentick
04-30-2007, 02:47
Y'all beat me to it. I saw them and thought that would be great and you save from carrying the water weight. Thanks for the review Grunt and FD. Body oil/sweat and ripstop nylon don't mix for good sleep.

Fiddleback
04-30-2007, 19:29
They sound interesting. What's their size and does their use require rinsing?

FB

Appalachian Tater
04-30-2007, 19:40
I use baby butt wipes and add some rubbing alcohol to make them moister so they clean better.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
04-30-2007, 20:16
They sound interesting. What's their size and does their use require rinsing?They are about 7" x 8" and I usually just dry off after using them though the directions say to rinse - link to product (http://www.amazon.com/Huggies-Disposable-WashCloths-BabyWash-XGentle/dp/B000KKSPLQ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-5838069-5569413?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1177978358&sr=8-1)

weary
04-30-2007, 22:12
I used to use a tiny wash cloth, a bit of Ivory soap and a little trail side water. Now, because of a peculiar health problem that requires some parts of me to be reasonable sterile, I use Wet Ones.

I wipe me, a drainage tube -- and most importantly use parts of the wipe on pits, face and other spots. All and all it's a nuicance, but it works -- and best of all I'm cleaner now on the trail than at any time in my life.

Weary

Fiddleback
05-01-2007, 08:57
They are about 7" x 8" and I usually just dry off after using them though the directions say to rinse - link to product (http://www.amazon.com/Huggies-Disposable-WashCloths-BabyWash-XGentle/dp/B000KKSPLQ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-5838069-5569413?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1177978358&sr=8-1)

Thanks. 7 X 8" sounds a bit small compared to the 9½ X 13" I currently carry but I might pick some up to see how they work out.

FB

sarbar
05-01-2007, 23:20
A not so known thing about baby butt wipes: you can dry them! Just let a nice stack dry out in the air. They come back to life with water in camp. I found this out years ago when my then veyr young son had an accident, and all we could find was a couple years old dried up pack of them.
Cuts weight, and you still get them.
My favorite are the Huggies unscented "natural" ones. They are tough built!

Blissful
05-14-2007, 16:12
I use the baby wipes as needed along with TP (the 89 cent packs at Wally World and repackaged them) and put them in my mail drops but as for general cleaning up and "feeling fresher" - I took Oil of Olay cloths and never used them once. Sent them home. At camp I was too busy getting water, setting up my tent and cooking a main meal to clean up. Since showers are fairly frequent, I waited for towns and hostels to clean up. Everyone smells the same. :) But smartwool shirts are fantastic odor eaters.

gold bond
05-15-2007, 10:53
That raises a question I been wanting to ask but thought it might be stupid.

Some of these wipes are listed as "bio-degradable" I know so maybe this is a mute question. I have seen what I thought was some of these wipes thrown in privy's. Is this a correct procedure? would this interfere with the natural process of what is trying to be accomplished with a molting privy?

I have started carrying baby wipes and I just put them in my trash bag. Helps keep down the smell in it as well. Just wondering.

Gray Blazer
05-15-2007, 11:04
I use alcohol wipes to wash myself and wipe out my cup after meals. I pack 'em out with the other trash.

Fiddleback
05-15-2007, 19:54
That raises a question I been wanting to ask but thought it might be stupid.

Some of these wipes are listed as "bio-degradable" I know so maybe this is a mute question. I have seen what I thought was some of these wipes thrown in privy's. Is this a correct procedure? would this interfere with the natural process of what is trying to be accomplished with a molting privy?

I have started carrying baby wipes and I just put them in my trash bag. Helps keep down the smell in it as well. Just wondering.

I've not found any bio-degradable wipes or disposable wash cloths and none that should be thrown into a privy. I carry 'em with the rest of my trash...helps make it smell better...:p

FB