PDA

View Full Version : Article confusion

dzierzak
05-02-2007, 11:54
Maybe I'm doing something wrong....

Some of the articles on the site point to the actual article - Thru-Hiker's medical Guide, for example. No problems here.

Others point to a thread, eg. "Cheap Gear". At the beginning of the thread there's a link to "Read the entire Article" which points to the thread, and at the beginning of the thread there's a link to "Read the entire Article" which points to the thread... I may need more coffee to figure it out...

ed
Section hike - Waynesboro -> Harpers Ferry May 30 til whenever....

SGT Rock
05-02-2007, 20:33
I think when ATTroll set up those links as a test not everything got set up right. Check the expanding set of links - they work better.

attroll
05-03-2007, 02:34
The way the article displays depends on how it was submitted.

If the user submitted it to us in the "Articles" forum and we reviewed it and them moved it to the "Released Articles" forum then it will be displayed as a thread.

If the user emailed it to me and asked me to put the articles up then obviously I can not submit it as that user. There are some users that have submitted articles that are not even registered on WhiteBlaze but they wanted to contribute to the articles. If this is the case then the article gets submitted as a html file.

We would much rather have the user submit the article to use through the "Articles" forum. This way when we approve it and move it to the "Released Articles' forum they can edit it themselves any time in the future if they need to update it for any reason.

dzierzak
05-03-2007, 08:54
Thanks!

ed