PDA

View Full Version : NOLS - Anyone Taken A Course??

RedneckRye
05-03-2007, 03:05
By bringing this up for discussion here, I'm sure I lose all of my Hiker Trash Trail Cred, but has any one here taken a NOLS course?
I'm headed up to Alaska in July for their 30 Day Mountaineering Course.
It is a bit involved as to how I've ended up enrolled in this course, but hopefully the skills I learn will open up an entirely new part of the mountain world for me to explore. The part that is away from the guidebooks and how-to websites.
If you've been on a NOLS course and have anything to say please post or send a PM.
RYE

mweinstone
05-03-2007, 03:41
nols grad here. many skills await you. fun and a lifetime of safe wilderness travel. wyoming, wind river wilderness course.lander. the original. still the standard. dont know why your wastin dollars in alaska. guess you and smitty will hook up. remember, all nols grads know one thing other mountaineers dont. how to say no. and live to climb tommorow. learn well.

The Old Fhart
05-03-2007, 07:40
In your case I would say that it makes perfect sense (although I hate to agree with Mweinstone that you don't have to go that far to learn that info). However, Alaska should certainly be worth the trip and give the course the 'feel' of a remote wilderness setting that will add to the experience. I would also think that you might be able to have this considered work related and tax deductible and of course, educational as well. Might help lower the cost a bit.

mweinstone
05-03-2007, 07:55
will your flatulance be in atendence at trail days? it would be fine to see you again.

The Old Fhart
05-03-2007, 08:03
In keeping with the Billville theme, Flatuluus Antiquus will be attending.

Heater
05-03-2007, 08:07
will your flatulance be in atendence at trail days? it would be fine to see you again.

I gotta warn you as he is very picky about this.

It's fhlatulence. ;)

SGT Rock
05-03-2007, 08:14
Ohh, good idea! A thread about Roman Billville names LOL,

Cornicularius Petra