PDA

View Full Version : Trail Days 2007 - Volunteers needed

Local
05-03-2007, 19:56
Trail Days has no paid staff other than town employees who give some extra time to make this event work. We need volunteer help this year in several areas, and information can be found through this link:

http://www.traildays.info/volunteers.html

Please note that the campground will be open for volunteers Monday May 14.

If the link doesn't work here is the information:

The Trail Days Committee is organized by the Parks and Recreation Department of the Town of Damascus, and is staffed entirely by volunteers.

Specific volunteer activities needed:

Campground: clearing underbrush for new campsites; expanding the parking area; creating a "quiet" camping area on the other side of Beaverdam Creek or upstream from the drum circle; trenching areas which do not drain and become swampy after rains; building a large bulletin board, more. The campground will open Monday May 14 to provide free camping for volunteers.

Vendor area at the gazebo in the town park: Marking out vendor area Wednesday morning prior to Trail Days, 9 -12 a.m. Assisting Thursday and Friday with vendor placement and anything needed such as electricity, water, tie-downs, etc.

Program committee: Workshop facilitators needed to make sure AV equipment is on-site, and that the workshop runs smoothly. Possible duties include assistance in introducing the presenters, and in moderating any discussions after the presentations. If you have experience in this area and can help, please contact Sissy at anogar @ earthlink.net ([email protected]) (remove the spaces if you copy and paste this).

May 17: Meet at Damascus Town Hall to help us move chairs to the Rock School.

Cleanup: This is usually organized by Backpacker Magazine's Get Out More team. Stay a few hours longer and help us if you can spare the time.

Thanks to everyone who helped last year, and in particular thanks to all of you who stayed at the campground and left it in great condition (with one exception). This is helpful to everyone, and is greatly appreciated.

(There will be a clean-up of the bathroom in the next few weeks if anyone is in town. It seems that last year the maintenance crew just closed the doors after Trail Days. This may not be a fun job.)

If you have any questions please contact me at grs @ damascus.org (remove the spaces).

Thanks.

mweinstone
05-04-2007, 07:07
i am masterlink volenteer designation 3 of any....cousin of seven of nine.. i have been trained in a sho lin temple in china for such tasks as , picking up litter, being a bouncer, being a gofer, cook helper,and a phd in drainage ditch construction(i line mine with rock). i have also studyed the finner arts of chair carrying on many occasions and once carryed chairs with billy carter. with a 4.0 grade average in hands and knees swabbing of floors.....i round off my bag of tricks by offering my serveces as cheif volenteer motivator. i will make you laugh while peeling onions and we will cry to the delights of our straight vender spaces in there symphanylike groupings. mine is a world of servatude and suffering. i revel in them. bring me your week, your tiered, hungry and sick, bring panzer and pacer and laces real quick. bring pirate and lonewolf and wee willy too. for ours is a task takes all to do. well set up the place then crash for a space, and wake to the sounds of the do!

Lone Wolf
05-04-2007, 07:29
bring pirate and lonewolf and wee willy too. for ours is a task takes all to do.

count us out

mweinstone
05-04-2007, 08:04
duh lonewolf. did you actually think i thaught you liked that? im just singin..........im happy. can you blame me. your town has invited me to sleep over. its real comfy.want anything from the fourth largest swill hole in america?we got stuff. need godiva cigars? a cheesesteak? a pretzle?amish chick? sorry forrgot your two now. amish chicken from reading terminal farmers market? something from the streets? a five doller rollex? what? so im weird.a nalge of philly tap so you can see what your missing.....(death).a recording of your average five minutes of sirens and screems? oh ill just give ya the bag of personalized marshmallows im makin for people. be glad im a weirdo marshmallow artist and not a crack looser like my whole neighborhood.be glad.....be very glad.

lucky dammasskiss ers, with there shiny green town!(homer simpson)
stupid grey philly with its stupid twisted soft pretzles.....mmmmmmmmmmm, twisted food..........

StarLyte
05-04-2007, 08:10
i am masterlink volenteer designation 3 of any....cousin of seven of nine.. i have been trained in a sho lin temple in china for such tasks as , picking up litter, being a bouncer, being a gofer, cook helper,and a phd in drainage ditch construction........

Matty you forgot FORAGING ;)

That's a lot of work, Damascus. I hope you can accomplish it all, and obtain the manpower. If I were able, I'd drive down early and help....if I could stay off Lone Wolf's porch long enough.

TOW
05-04-2007, 09:37
count me in someplace.......................and matthew you will be hanging out at my place some, will you not? Starlyte, if you need a shower then you can get it at my place while your here.......

Pirate
05-04-2007, 11:09
Get the local prisioners out of jail for a few days to work like previous years. Have them lead the parade.

cannonball
05-04-2007, 11:29
Get the local prisioners out of jail for a few days to work like previous years. Have them lead the parade.
The best post around here in a long time.