PDA

View Full Version : Trail Days 2007

murray
05-06-2007, 15:24
Traveling to Trail Days, departing Southern NH 5/14, arriving 5/16, via routes 84 and 81 avoiding NYC and Wash. DC, car camping, site seeing on the way, least expensive alternatives. Seeking a person to share gas and tolls. Will day hike or section hike Grayson Highlands 5/20-21-22, and will be returning to NH via Raleigh,NC and then heading north. So, seeking rider one way or whatever. Respond via this list or 603-673-8623, which is often an answering system, so leave a message for: BILL,
aka Sleep Walker GA - MA - ME 2006, a 37 year pilgrimage.

Pirate
05-06-2007, 21:50
Stay home. Everything is closed all the beer have been consumed all is that is left is nasty Newcastle Brown Ale. Tastes like a goats ass.

camojack
05-07-2007, 01:06
Stay home. Everything is closed all the beer have been consumed all is that is left is nasty Newcastle Brown Ale. Tastes like a goats ass.

A statement like that, of course, begs the question:
How do you know what a goat's ass tastes like? :eek:

Come to think of it, never mind... :-?

murray
05-07-2007, 01:16
As usual, it's not just about the beer. It's never really just about the beer. I am open. Still traveling, seeking a rider. BILL

mweinstone
05-07-2007, 04:37
pirate! what have you done with the refreashments!

Uncle Silly
05-14-2007, 15:18
what does one usually do with refreshments? sounds like he's been refreshing himself... regularly...

Wonder
05-14-2007, 18:05
Dots! Blame Dots!!!

Newb
05-15-2007, 07:21

thems is fitin' words. Newcastle is the ambrosia of the gods.

Wonder
05-15-2007, 12:53
Great in Sloppy Joes too! Trust me...try it!

Ron Haven
05-15-2007, 22:40
Stay home. Everything is closed all the beer have been consumed all is that is left is nasty Newcastle Brown Ale. Tastes like a goats ass.Pirate,I'm going to be resuppling you folks when I get there.

Ron Haven
05-15-2007, 22:41
Dots! Blame Dots!!!Wonder are you able to get Yengleng in Damascus.

Wonder
05-16-2007, 02:24
I know that I can get it on tap at Baja.....haven't tried Cowboys, but I think its there....thanks for thinking of me! It's just TN....can'tget Yuengling in that state to save my life! It's pretty and I love it....but glad that I'm back in the land of lager

Wonder
05-16-2007, 02:28
WooHOo.....nuff of townie life, plesent as it is....I"m ready for some hikers insanity! Damascus.....in just a few short hours I shall be with you....prepare yourself, for you shall never be the same!
Ron, no matter what we are drinking.....I can't wait to share a drink with you! It's been way too long since I've heard a great story!

Newb
05-16-2007, 07:38
I can't stand sitting in my cubicle all day today knowing I'll be in Damascus tomorrow.

Wonder
05-16-2007, 10:37
So burn it down and call in dead
DOWN WITH CUBICLES

Red Hat
05-16-2007, 15:34
All this talk of beer and other stuff gets folks confused. Some think this is a drunken orgy instead of a hiker reunion. Actually it is what you make it. If you want to hang out and party with the wild ones, you can. If you don't, you can still have a great time. A whole lot of Whiteblazers are going to be in the "quiet area" down by the creek. Already several tents set up. I'll go down and visit my wild bunch, then head back to my tent to sleep in peace. See ya there!

Gadog430
05-16-2007, 16:31
Red Hat is exactly right. This year I am staying with lifelong friends that live in Abingdon that have asked every year that I have stayed in the campground.

TDz can be whatever you want it to be...or a mixture of it all. I've never had a problem.

Dawg

All this talk of beer and other stuff gets folks confused. Some think this is a drunken orgy instead of a hiker reunion. Actually it is what you make it. If you want to hang out and party with the wild ones, you can. If you don't, you can still have a great time. A whole lot of Whiteblazers are going to be in the "quiet area" down by the creek. Already several tents set up. I'll go down and visit my wild bunch, then head back to my tent to sleep in peace. See ya there!

Jim Adams
05-17-2007, 14:32
bumm'in out! only missed 1 trail days since 1990. on the PCT now and won't make it to TD 2007. this sucks!
geek

ps. if you want to do the PCT, save alot of boredom and grief and start at Kennedy Meadows!

Marta
05-17-2007, 20:03
bumm'in out! only missed 1 trail days since 1990. on the PCT now and won't make it to TD 2007. this sucks!
geek

ps. if you want to do the PCT, save alot of boredom and grief and start at Kennedy Meadows!

You poor thing! Can we trade? You can have my three days in Damascus and I'll finish your hike...:rolleyes:

Marta/Five-Leaf

Ron Haven
05-17-2007, 21:47
geek

ps. if you want to do the PCT, save alot of boredom and grief and start at Kennedy Meadows!Jim if you run into Sly on the PCT give him our regards.:sun