PDA

View Full Version : A walk in the woods has found a director?

colbys
05-06-2007, 22:50
been out of the loop for a while here at white blaze,not sure if this was posted earlier...but check this out below...chris columbus to direct a walk in the woods...?
http://www.moviehole.net/news/20070208_columbus_to_direct_newmanredfo.html

colbys
05-06-2007, 23:02
also found this...location scouting in hot springs this march...?!see bottom of article...
http://www.timeout.com/film/news/394.html

attroll
05-07-2007, 00:11
The ATC has announce at the Maine Appalachian Trail annual meeting that it is not going to fight the movie production but they have decided to help with inputs to it rather then fight what they could not win. This way they can keep the productions from moving onto the trail keeping from causing bad impact on the trail. They also said that most of the shooting for the movie would not be done on the trail as it would be hard to move the casts props and trailers on to the trail.

Nightwalker
05-07-2007, 01:49
The ATC has announce at the Maine Appalachian Trail annual meeting that it is not going to fight the movie production but they have decided to help with inputs to it rather then fight what they could not win. This way they can keep the productions from moving onto the trail keeping from causing bad impact on the trail. They also said that most of the shooting for the movie would not be done on the trail as it would be hard to move the casts props and trailers on to the trail.

It'd be cheaper to build sections of trail on private or leased lands. That's likely/possibly what they'll do.

ImkerVS
05-07-2007, 07:28
Those press release/stories are from last year! The "this March" would be last March.

jrwiesz
05-07-2007, 10:05
Those press release/stories are from last year! The "this March" would be last March.

They're not getting any younger, are they?:sun

The Weasel
05-07-2007, 10:58
Hate to break it to Bryson-lovers, but I don't think this is a real likely deal. The cast is attractive only to aging boomers (like me) who live in the past (unlike me, except when it comes to Roy Rogers). It's so far in pre-pre-pre- production that it's not even listed in IMDB.com (although Bubba Nosferatu, the incredible sequel to that noted aging-actor tour de force "Bubba Ho-Tep" IS listed as 'in production', as it has been for 4 years).

Too bad. Paul Newman as a dumpy midwestern donut eater would be a stretch that the most discriminating cinematological auteurs could only dram of.

Yeah. Ain't gonna happen. Worse, it ain't happenin' now.

The Weasel

colbys
05-07-2007, 12:44
dont consider myself a bryson lover...
but hey it was an entertaining book and im of the opinion that the movie will get made...
as for shooting it on the actual trail itself,that would be difficult...they would have to do it on parts in the off season,i would think...ga section in late summer/fall..?
and the way hollywood sometimes loosely bases movies on books,for all we know they might shoot all up and down the trail and make it like bryson and katz walked the whole dam way to maine and not just from ga to newfound gap...
i still think it would be cool to be an extra in the flick...
i could be cast as "dirty hiker #4"

Moon Monster
05-07-2007, 13:51

The second article is actually posted as 2005, but the comment on scouting Hot Springs was indeed from March 2007.

colbys
05-07-2007, 22:46
hey thanks moon for pointing that out...
good to know i wasnt lying...:)

ImkerVS
05-08-2007, 07:52
Mountain Man (now on a thru) said he worked near Springer until February and actually met the location scouts, who rented a lodge for 3 weeks in, he thought March, probably because of the view of Springer. To date he has not heard that filming has been done.

As a member of SAG, I checked out the production reports a few weeks ago at the union office and could not find any mention of it. However, it may be listed under another name, for stealth.

Yeah, I'd like a part in it, too. All ya have to do is act naturally.

colbys
05-12-2007, 11:06
well from the last post,it looks like the probablilty is that the movie will get done..
just a matter of when...
was wondering,who in the hell will they get to play the anoying girl that bothers bryson and katz in the beginning of the book in ga?
anyway se everyone at trail days!!

colbys
05-12-2007, 11:13
just a thought here....but if the location scouts have been in hot springs and springer,would it be safe to say that they would be at traildays(even though bryson barely mentions it in the book)?
im sure the hollywood types would love to put a traildays bit in the movie..would make great filler...
keep your eyes and ears open this coming weekend!!

Heater
05-13-2007, 14:11
Did anyone besides me find the book boooooooorrrrrrrriiiiiing?