PDA

View Full Version : Trail Days meeting tonight, Tuesday 8th

Local
05-08-2007, 14:39
There will be Trail Days committee meeting tonight at the Damascus town hall at 7 p.m. Any hikers or former hikers or other interested parties in town are invited. We will be looking for help in several areas. Details here:

http://www.traildays.info/volunteers.html

mweinstone
05-08-2007, 19:27
id like to order pizza for that meeting.

Pirate
05-09-2007, 10:55
Just another useless meeting.

Local
05-09-2007, 11:32
Thanks to Fishin' Fred, Mala, and The Only Wanderer for attending and providing background information on past Trail Days, and helping with providing direction for some of the activities. Their knowledge is very helpful.

The campground will open for volunteers Monday 14th, and Miss Janet is bringing a crew up from Erwin that day, with chainsaws to cut wood for the bonfire. Anyone else with a chainsaw or weedeater is particularly welcome.

http://www.traildays.info/volunteers.html provides information for those of you who want to volunteer. If anyone is coming in earlier and needs information contact me at grs @ damascus.org (remove the spaces).

We again invite those who are critical of the Trail Days committee and the people who volunteer their time, including local residents and hikers, to get involved. It's easy to complain (ironically using computers we have purchased for the use of hikers and other visitors). It's more difficult, but not much, to actually do something.

jlb2012
05-09-2007, 12:54
just remind the folks with the chainsaws that hitting that big ol' fuzzy vine with a chainsaw is _NOT_ a good idea :eek:

TOW
05-09-2007, 13:56
Local, I just want to tell you and I'll say this publicly here on this forum. I like you. And I like what you do, keep on keeping on..........

mweinstone
05-09-2007, 14:33
i like the only wanderer . local i love. pirate i smell. my feet , they walk, to you town with open arms i come. might wanna get some deodorant.

TOW
05-09-2007, 16:37
i like the only wanderer . local i love. pirate i smell. my feet , they walk, to you town with open arms i come. might wanna get some deodorant.
that's too..............................

mweinstone
05-09-2007, 17:31
im having a meeting right now. yeah,...with myself. all about trail days. yep. im makeing all sorts of important decisions. like,..will i be able to control myself or will i make an ass out of myself . ive decided on non ass behavior. and i met with my concience and was informed i will not be abusing the town either thru liquid waste missmanagement , or verbal slander. i will carry myself ,.....like a blob of unfeeling blubber that i am. and i will be carryied after that. also, there will be no womanizing. they can come to me. and,...i reserve the right to be missleadingly wellspoken regardless of any past spelling convictions.meeting ajourned.

Lugnut
05-09-2007, 17:52
Just another useless meeting.

I'll bet a lot of people would be interested in a list of what all, if anything, you've done to help instead of your slamming someone who is actually doing something. Just a thought. :-?

Smile
05-09-2007, 17:59
Anybody know the nearest train station? A friend of mine is trying to get there, but does not have internet access.

Jester2000
05-09-2007, 19:18
Thanks to Fishin' Fred, Mala, and The Only Wanderer for attending and providing background information on past Trail Days, and helping with providing direction for some of the activities. Their knowledge is very helpful. . .
. . .Anyone else with a chainsaw or weedeater is particularly welcome.

Whatever you do, don't let Fred and Mala operate chainsaws.

TOW
05-10-2007, 08:58
Whatever you do, don't let Fred and Mala operate chainsaws.
Is that why their eyes were twinkling when they mentioned the use of chainsaws at the meeting? Them two are the Texas chainsaw boys ain't they..............?

Pirate
05-10-2007, 19:10
I'll bet a lot of people would be interested in a list of what all, if anything, you've done to help instead of your slamming someone who is actually doing something. Just a thought. :-?

I have hiked more miles by mistake than you will ever hike you cyber hiker. I will be in Hobo camp all during trail days for an open discussion. Bring a lunch.:banana

mweinstone
05-10-2007, 19:44
heres what pirate does.he is a quiet man. a deep reflective speaker who does not bend. his oppinions come after others have spoken without pause. he has a rare twinkle he got second hand when santa died. he also got santas pipe and reading glasses. oh my friend, you dont want to imagine a world with no mr pirate. no no shame shame. for in that world,teeny tiny things would unravell and soon distruction would result. no my friend, pirates are needed. they steel from the rich and give to there strong boxes, or , in modern days, listen and learn. thats his secret. hes a master 34th level listener. you ever here of the leesoneestas? thats his south of the border gang he rides with. him on his palamino,....his boys on other rare breeds. you wanna learn somthing? watch pirate. wanna smell somthing? smell pirate.learn what real men smell like. right before they combust!lol.pirate, i gotta marshmallow trinkit for you. it says: pirate, traildays 2007. whatever. it dosnt say whatever. i said that. wrote that. spellisticly destroied that.

Lugnut
05-10-2007, 20:24
I have hiked more miles by mistake than you will ever hike you cyber hiker. I will be in Hobo camp all during trail days for an open discussion. Bring a lunch.:banana

The number of miles you have hiked has nothing to do with being considerate of Local's efforts to make trail days more enjoyable for everyone. It just seemed to be a snide remark. Maybe you and him a pals and it's all just good natured kidding around? And no, I won't bring you lunch! :D

mweinstone
05-10-2007, 20:30
luggy, maby you would really like pirate in person. come to trail days and bring an open heart.

Jester2000
05-10-2007, 20:38
luggy, maby you would really like pirate in person. come to trail days and bring an open heart.

And a lunch.

Local
05-10-2007, 21:26
The number of miles you have hiked has nothing to do with being considerate of Local's efforts to make trail days more enjoyable for everyone. It just seemed to be a snide remark. Maybe you and him a pals and it's all just good natured kidding around? And no, I won't bring you lunch! :D

Lugnut, thanks for recognizing the work of many Damascus residents in helping make Trail Days happen. This was assigned to us by the mayor last year about 10 days before Trail Days, when the two guys running the show lost the town council election and took their toys and went home. We were all fairly new at this and this is why we look for help from other volunteers.

I won't comment on Pirate's remark. It speaks for itself. But in terms of hiking making you wise, I've hiked in about twenty countries, including going through a mine field in the Golan Heights and walking into some ***** in Viet-Nam. I've lived in the Sinai with the Bedouin and have probably logged several thousand miles overall. This doesn't make me smarter or more wise than others.

I've attached a photo of Willy, Pirate, and Wolf taken in Dot's last year. They were on the website and labeled "Unofficial Trail Days Committee." Maybe I should have done that this year also.

Lugnut
05-10-2007, 21:35
I had no idea they were triplets! :eek:

Lone Wolf
05-10-2007, 21:37

pirate is a miserale godamn asswipe.

RedneckRye
05-10-2007, 22:42

Miser Ale. Thats one of my favorites, better than Yuengling at half the price.

Speaking of half, I hope I look half as good as any of those three when I get as old as them!

Nightwalker
05-11-2007, 15:41

I don't think he was talking miles walked. I believe that he was talking about right to free speech and inhibiting such. Could be just me...

TOW
05-11-2007, 16:30
your alright in my books Pirate, even if you do like to poke at people......you ole poop stirrur you............:D

TOW
05-11-2007, 16:31
heres what pirate does.he is a quiet man. a deep reflective speaker who does not bend. his oppinions come after others have spoken without pause. he has a rare twinkle he got second hand when santa died. he also got santas pipe and reading glasses. oh my friend, you dont want to imagine a world with no mr pirate. no no shame shame. for in that world,teeny tiny things would unravell and soon distruction would result. no my friend, pirates are needed. they steel from the rich and give to there strong boxes, or , in modern days, listen and learn. thats his secret. hes a master 34th level listener. you ever here of the leesoneestas? thats his south of the border gang he rides with. him on his palamino,....his boys on other rare breeds. you wanna learn somthing? watch pirate. wanna smell somthing? smell pirate.learn what real men smell like. right before they combust!lol.pirate, i gotta marshmallow trinkit for you. it says: pirate, traildays 2007. whatever. it dosnt say whatever. i said that. wrote that. spellisticly destroied that.
thats too......................

TOW
05-11-2007, 16:34
that's right, he said that..........whoops, that should have been a capital H for He,...........:banana

mweinstone
05-12-2007, 19:51
when lonewolf cursed me once , i think it helped me. i was a fkn ingrate. thats a cool curse. later i figured out what it all means.i am a fkn ingrate but so is everyone is what lonewolf was pointing out. it worked. cleared up that case of ingrate quick. what is that? when your grateing cheese and it goes into the actual metle of the grater? its all good. we all know lonewolfs shy and quiet and polite and quite the respectable gentleman. really.hes just getting in some eary crochetty practice.

pay no attention to the man you see behind the curtain! he is mearly my assistant! the great and powerful oz can help you. why have you come to the emerald city?....seriously. cause if your lookin for emeralds,...hit the pike!