PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Australians

whykickamoocow
05-10-2007, 06:36
The most information I have got from all my research about doing a thru in 2008 has come from a fellow Australian by the trail name of Kaptain who did his thru in 2006. I had the good fortune to meet Kaptain right here on WB. Nothing like talking to someone who has experience, got all types of interesting information, from dealing with visas, expectations, equipment, what to expect from Americans (he assured me you are all really nice), size of towns, the golden rule of restricing pack weight etc...He was kind enogh to point me in the right direction on many issues, and saved me an enormous amount of time, and gave me great confidence in completing a thru of my own.

Just wondering if there are any other of my fellow country men/women who are like me planning a thru in 2008, love to hear your experiences so far, and how you are going with your planning. Also love to hear from any other Australians who have completed a thru and have some timely advice to pass on.

Surely there must be one other Australian out there who is planning a thru in 2008.

Kaptain Kangaroo
05-10-2007, 17:21
Hey mate, glad the info was helpful. Get in touch if you have any more questions I can help with.

Also wondering if there are any Aussies on the trail this year ????

Cheers,

Kaptain Kangaroo