PDA

View Full Version : They are Back

moxie
05-10-2007, 08:10
Blood on the trail:The little buggers are back, made their first appearence May 5th.BLACK FLIES, :welcome To Maine, bring deet. Right now only the males are out and they don't bite but in a few days the long, sharp tooth females will be here and your blood will no longer be safe,. You know it is spring when Main's official pest returns for another season.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-10-2007, 10:14
Think I've got this covered. (http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/Dinoswatter.jpg)

Red Hat
05-10-2007, 19:18
Don't do Maine till August!

mudhead
05-10-2007, 19:23
After the ratty weather in April, I am looking forward to Them.

Jester2000
05-10-2007, 19:28
welcome To Maine, bring deet.

Bring DEET, and the Black Flies will drink it down like Beam. And then, in an angry, drunken state, they will slap you around for not bringing more.

warraghiyagey
05-10-2007, 20:36
Hey you stupid black flies, I remember you distinctly buzzing all around me and right frickin square in front of my g dam eyeballs while your friends are stuck to my face and hair and buzzing around my apparently irresistable ears.
So let's get this straight right now, you're living up there on that trail that I love so it will be great to see you.;)
And I'll just try to forget what it will feel like to be digging at the back of my knees every night by the campfire.:)

Peace
SOBO7
T - 21 days

Blissful
05-10-2007, 21:53
Think I've got this covered. (http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/Dinoswatter.jpg)

What a scream! Wish you were there when I was getting bit by mosquitoes back in March at the springs.

ShakeyLeggs
05-10-2007, 22:16
Kinda keeping with the buggy theme. Wednesday while I was at the doctors the nurse was taking my information and doing the routine checks and she asked me what my gaiters were. I explained what they were and told here I wear them to keep junk out of my boots and to help keep the ticks at bay. As soon as I mentioned ticks she took a step back and said she hated ticks. I had to assure her that I had no ticks on me before she would get close to me. I had to chuckle a bit to myself on that one.

Jack Tarlin
05-11-2007, 01:37
Yeah, and in about three weeks, when the little bastards are really biting, hikers will be leaving Maine for Georgia.

Southbounders just ain't right, and that's a fact. :D

warraghiyagey
05-11-2007, 03:17
Yeah, and in about three weeks, when the little bastards are really biting, hikers will be leaving Maine for Georgia.

Southbounders just ain't right, and that's a fact. :D

True, true, but we have a sweet disposition when letting our freak flag fly.:)