PDA

View Full Version : is our site being watched?

mweinstone
05-10-2007, 19:25
or did they create it to begin with? and why? cause we containe the core health and intelegence? cause they have nothing better to do but keep an eye on hikers who smell different? cause we have the secrets to the future among us? conspirisy or ney?

given: they is not us.whoever they be.
givin: our community contains the greatest minds .

sliderule
05-10-2007, 19:31
and why? cause we containe the core health and intelegence?

You may have answered your own question!!!

TIDE-HSV
05-10-2007, 19:33
is always susspisshius...

Appalachian Tater
05-10-2007, 19:35
Mathewski, you can be assured it is not being watched by the Capitalization Police or the Spelling Patrol.

Fiddleback
05-10-2007, 19:45
Intellegence is a conspirisy...no!...wait...conspirisy is intellegence. Yeah...that's the ticket!

Fiddelbak

Lion King
05-10-2007, 19:49
our community contains the greatest minds

containe the core health and intelegence? c different? cause we have the secrets to the future among us? conspirisy or ney?

:D

StarLyte
05-10-2007, 19:53
Matty is quite intelligent, and he knows how to spell.

He's typing on a Mac laptop in the window of his flat :D

Lion King
05-10-2007, 19:57

He's typing on a Mac laptop in the window of his flat :D

I thought he was dictating to a monkey.:D:D:D

StarLyte
05-10-2007, 20:05

Hey LK, this too, is possible.

I have a video of Matty singing and playing guitar in his flat, I'd like to put it on YouTube but I have to ask him first :banana

The Scribe
05-10-2007, 20:18

This has my vote.

Brrrb Oregon
05-10-2007, 20:40
or did they create it to begin with? and why? cause we containe the core health and intelegence? cause they have nothing better to do but keep an eye on hikers who smell different? cause we have the secrets to the future among us? conspirisy or ney?

Given: it is a minor hobby of mweinstone to pull a leg on this site now and again, just to see what happens. ;)

Given: he is hardly the only one on the site with this hobby.

Even if that is not the case at present, the "given" that "they" is never "us" stands contested. What will our greatest minds make of that?

At any rate, there is no evidence that anybody on this site has any particular objection to being "watched." Actually, considering how much time we spend here, the thought that someone outside the group, someone who puts a premium on bathing and clean food and goodness knows what else "civilization" has to offer, might even give a ---- about what we write or think is somewhat refreshing. It doesn't make it worthwhile, but we obviously have no objection to that, either. :D

Meanwhile, while they're watching us, someone with a desk calendar and an actual mission in life is taking over the world....kind of like watching the ant colony while your phone lines are being eaten by the mice in the basement.

mweinstone
05-10-2007, 20:44
im on my tippi toes typing in the window to get a signal. post away my starry starry lyte.

Frosty
05-10-2007, 20:44

He's typing on a Mac laptop in the window of his flat :Dtyping with the flat of his hand, youk mean? :D

warraghiyagey
05-10-2007, 20:54
Given: it is a minor hobby of mweinstone to pull a leg on this site now and again, just to see what happens.

Given: he is hardly the only one on the site with this hobby.

Even if that is not the case at present, the "given" that "they" is never "us" stands contested. What will our greatest minds make of that?

At any rate, there is no evidence that anybody on this site has any particular objection to being "watched." Actually, considering how much time we spend here, the thought that someone outside the group, someone who puts a premium on bathing and clean food and goodness knows what else "civilization" has to offer, might even give a ---- about what we write or think is somewhat refreshing. It doesn't make it worthwhile, but we obviously have no objection to that, either. :D

Meanwhile, while they're watching us, someone with a desk calendar and an actual mission in life is taking over the world....kind of like watching the ant colony while your phone lines are being eaten by the mice in the basement.

At a place where there are frequent excellent turns of phrase and thought, this is one ranks at the top.
And then I to the sentence after the green smiley face guy and I think of the one place on the trail I got lost by a huge blowdown on Moody Mountain . . . that is to say once again I'm lost. But I think when I get it it will be way funnier.:confused: :) :)

Jester2000
05-10-2007, 21:01
Are they watching us?

I think the better question is, "are they smelling us?"

bfitz
05-10-2007, 21:46
They must be laughing pretty hard in the white van.

Alligator
05-10-2007, 21:51
The spiders are always watching us.

weary
05-10-2007, 21:55
cause we ... have the secrets to the future among us? .
Let's hope so!!! If they watch carefully, they may learn something important. "IN wildness is the preservation of the world."

Appalachian Tater
05-10-2007, 21:59
im on my tippi toes typing in the window to get a signal. post away my starry starry lyte.

Are you "borrowing" bandwidth or did Philadelphia install that proposed free citywide wireless network already?

Tin Man
05-10-2007, 22:40
Careful with the borrowing bandwidth talk. The bandwidth police might be listening and, although rare, they do make arrests.

Brrrb Oregon
05-11-2007, 02:49
At a place where there are frequent excellent turns of phrase and thought, this is one ranks at the top.
And then I to the sentence after the green smiley face guy and I think of the one place on the trail I got lost by a huge blowdown on Moody Mountain . . . that is to say once again I'm lost. But I think when I get it it will be way funnier.:confused: :) :)

I only meant that anyone who is paranoid enough to be watching unusual people for signs of a threat is wasting their time on us. I know there are a few with dilusions of post-apocalyptic survival here and there, but nobody who spends as much time as we do trying to decide how many milligrams can be shaved off of a toothbrush is to be worried about. Anybody thru-hiking is all but a lost drop-box and a lost wallet short of homelessness.

If "they" are watching for the pure entertainment of it, though....well, that only makes them on of "us."
(Hey, you, watching us....isn't that someone behind you, watching you? ;))

mweinstone
05-11-2007, 02:51
pirateing wireless signals from unsecured routers is legal. anyone with a router who is producing a signal, has the option to encrypt and prevent outside users wihout the password. im useing unsecured routers. anyone whos signal im useing gets a pop up that says warning, ip in use by such and such. and it shows the number of my computer. witch is useless .so if they minded they could just secure there router. and phily has wireless but it only works on the parkway and certian areas around center city proper. im slightly outside the range. i get the signal but too week to use.their is however an illegal signal trolling for your personal info . its called hosthookup. it appears to be a free wireless signal but is actually networking your computer if you use it. it wont allow any info in , only out. so if you select that signal, and then click google, while your waiting for googal, witch never comes up, the host is hooking up to your crap. mac has a diconect that promts you to disconect. im not really sure what that signal means or wants. my computer has nothing on it but pics of hiking.and some old maps showing the chamber under the spinx's paw. where the tecnology is kept? till we stop waring? you know. the levetation crystals and the over unity devise? oh yeah,.. and maby a few nuclear launch codes. but there old nukes and wouldnt do much if launched but keel over and siss.

warraghiyagey
05-11-2007, 02:55
I only meant that anyone who is paranoid enough to be watching unusual people for signs of a threat is wasting their time on us. I know there are a few with dilusions of post-apocalyptic survival here and there, but nobody who spends as much time as we do trying to decide how many milligrams can be shaved off of a toothbrush is to be worried about. Anybody thru-hiking is all but a lost drop-box and a lost wallet short of homelessness.

If "they" are watching for the pure entertainment of it, though....well, that only makes them on of "us."
(Hey, you, watching us....isn't that someone behind you, watching you? ;))

Yeah, it took me a few hours but I got it. Usually I'm a little quicker than that.:)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-11-2007, 08:27
Move along, there's nothing to see here (http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/WBPolice.jpg)

Gray Blazer
05-11-2007, 08:47
Remember, the tinfoil hat doesn't block reception, it improves it.

NICKTHEGREEK
05-11-2007, 09:16
"Originally Posted by Brrrb Oregon http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=361749#post361749)
Given: it is a minor hobby of mweinstone to pull a leg on this site now and again, just to see what happens."

Looks like his major hobby is pulling something else.

Alligator
05-11-2007, 09:39
"Originally Posted by Brrrb Oregon http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=361749#post361749)
Given: it is a minor hobby of mweinstone to pull a leg on this site now and again, just to see what happens."

Looks like his major hobby is pulling something else.

There's easily room for you two to agree on the middle--leg that is.

Appalachian Tater
05-11-2007, 10:18
Remember, the tinfoil hat doesn't block reception, it improves it.

However, 3M makes a product called Velostat which is apparently very effective. It has stopped at least four kinds of aliens from abducting humans:

http://www.stopabductions.com/
http://www.aliensandchildren.org/ThoughtScreenHats.htm

If you tie the protective helmet to your head with straps, tape, or a string, the aliens can't remove it. (Aliens can build and pilot intergalactic spacecraft but cannot undo a knot in string or peel off tape.) One of the few failures of this device occured because Velcro was used instead of string--aliens are quite capable of manipulating Velcro.

weary
05-11-2007, 10:20
pirateing wireless signals from unsecured routers is legal. anyone with a router who is producing a signal, has the option to encrypt and prevent outside users wihout the password. im useing unsecured routers. anyone whos signal im useing gets a pop up that says warning, ip in use by such and such. and it shows the number of my computer. witch is useless .so if they minded they could just secure there router. and phily has wireless but it only works on the parkway and certian areas around center city proper. im slightly outside the range. i get the signal but too week to use.their is however an illegal signal trolling for your personal info . its called hosthookup. it appears to be a free wireless signal but is actually networking your computer if you use it. it wont allow any info in , only out. so if you select that signal, and then click google, while your waiting for googal, witch never comes up, the host is hooking up to your crap. mac has a diconect that promts you to disconect. im not really sure what that signal means or wants. my computer has nothing on it but pics of hiking.and some old maps showing the chamber under the spinx's paw. where the tecnology is kept? till we stop waring? you know. the levetation crystals and the over unity devise? oh yeah,.. and maby a few nuclear launch codes. but there old nukes and wouldnt do much if launched but keel over and siss.
When my wife and I toured the national parks for a couple of months a couple of years ago, we mostly camped out. But occasionally we stopped at motels for a shower and usually asked if they had a wifi connection. One motel said no, but offered to put us in the north wing "where you can use the neighbor's."

Weary

Appalachian Tater
05-11-2007, 10:21
I forgot to mention that the protective helmet is used and endorsed by Minnesota Smith:

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=13771&catid=530

Gray Blazer
05-11-2007, 10:22
However, 3M makes a product called Velostat which is apparently very effective. It has stopped at least four kinds of aliens from abducting humans:

http://www.stopabductions.com/
http://www.aliensandchildren.org/ThoughtScreenHats.htm

If you tie the protective helmet to your head with straps, tape, or a string, the aliens can't remove it. (Aliens can build and pilot intergalactic spacecraft but cannot undo a knot in string or peel off tape.) One of the few failures of this device occured because Velcro was used instead of string--aliens are quite capable of manipulating Velcro.

That is so cool. Thanks for making my day!:sun

Time To Fly 97
05-11-2007, 11:21
I'm sure everyone has witnessed "thru" hikers who never seem to actually hike. They just mysteriously appear in the shelters. We always used to think they were feds....always watching, noting which hikers looked suspecious (lol). I could spot them a mile away - they were the only ones who didn't look happy about being there.

Watch and learn...that's what I say! LOL

Happy hiking!

TTF

Jaybird
05-11-2007, 11:49
or did they create it to begin with?........etc,etc,etc,.........blah,blah,blah.. ....... and why? conspirisy or ney?................................. .

are we getting paranoid????

i thinks its ALIENS!:D

Freeleo
05-11-2007, 11:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-e_CLmZGys

zelph
05-11-2007, 12:11

conspirisy or ney?

ney!!!!!!

In the buk of genisisis it tells who kreated it The Creator likes the way you composte and spell so do i

Brrrb Oregon
05-11-2007, 12:59
Yeah, it took me a few hours but I got it. Usually I'm a little quicker than that.:)

I am nothing if not obscure, so I get that a lot. It is one of the hazards of being overly fond of homemade metaphors. Oh, well. There are worse vices, I suppose. (When I was little, though, it gave me time to get in a few steps on the run.)

Mother's Finest
05-11-2007, 14:03
if our site was concerned with something else, say the production of everyone's favorite herb, then maybe.....

a year or two ago a very famous website was taken down by the Canadian Government. and that website was called overgrow not posting the link as I do not want to offend (and it is gone)

hinkers? nobody is watching.

(that was a tribute misspelling)

peace
mf

Johnny Thunder
05-11-2007, 15:17
hinkers? nobody is watching.

(that was a tribute misspelling)

peace
mf

The armed services are recruiting guild leaders from the World of Warcraft and shipping them off to Officer Training School. Just as Terrorist organizations look for recruits displaced or otherwise wronged by the west.

I've read Brin, and I've seen how this works. Emerson. Palahniuk. Card. Ellis. I've survived. I've hiked. I've elluded.

Have I used enough key words yet, dear monitors?

I can run a 6 minute mile. Triathalons. Have talked my way out of more traffic violations than I can count. I'm a consumate salesman and can carry a tune. I've smuggled goods in and out of Eastern Europe. Can climb over most anything and have little fear of hights. Or death. I'm a narcissist with a disasociative personality dissorder. My parents never loved me. I side with Vader.

People who don't see me for 6 months often don't recognize me. I have few distinguishing marks. I'm working on my knowledge of fine wines. Drink but rarely get drunk. Fitter. Happier. More productive.

I was a high school wrestling champion and know judo. I've seen every James Bond movie.

Are you cued in yet, great watch dogs o the internets?

Read this and recruit me. I want to be a disgruntled fast food employee. Please.

Brrrb Oregon
05-12-2007, 00:02
There's easily room for you two to agree on the middle--leg that is.

This is the kind of metaphor that should not be touched with a ten-foot pole.

hacksaw
05-12-2007, 11:46
This thread made my head hurt.

BigwaveDave
05-12-2007, 15:58
Mweinstone, Yes we have been watching you, you have been under constant surveilence since you first expressed anti-social thoughts, we control the vertical and we control the horizontal. You need to stop this silly behavior of walking in the woods. It causes unconventional and independent thoughts which are dangerous to the well being of the collective populace. As for the rest of you we know where you live and we know who you are.

MweinStoney, quit doing that damn dope, its making you null and void.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-12-2007, 16:13
Everyone to their battle stations - we will be taking out BigwaveDave at 04:20.

mweinstone
05-12-2007, 17:45
my father was a counter intelegence officer in the korean conflict at fort dix. and since we have no contact since i was preteen,...i always felt he was watching me out of guilt. because mostly , i remember a game he taught us . how to follow someones moves by looking in reflections and allways keeping your back to them. and how to open lockers at school. suposedly hes really old and has alltimers and dosent remember folks. maby they erashaed his ass .and now they think maby he passed on his secrets. like how to burn steak, curse and pitch steak out kitchen windows. cause thats the trick i recall.or maby,...just maby,. that weird game with the numbers and the map locations and the atomic weights we played was really his secret. hmmmm,..oh well. guess we'll never know.

he was kind of adiment when we played the game though. it was like it wasnt a game. i still remember those weird number song thingys. it was all about bouys at sea or some crap. and the winner reached an atol with a candy store.

BigwaveDave
05-12-2007, 17:50
Lost my folks to the same brother, it ain't a nice way to go or to watch going. Keep the faith!
BWD

mweinstone
05-12-2007, 18:17
i dont know the guy. wouldnt reconize him maby.

warraghiyagey
05-12-2007, 23:45
I am nothing if not obscure, so I get that a lot. It is one of the hazards of being overly fond of homemade metaphors. Oh, well. There are worse vices, I suppose. (When I was little, though, it gave me time to get in a few steps on the run.)

Yes, I learned 'dry' from my older brother and 'obscure' from the 'messengers' that diverted my attention out the classroom windows and always the acquaintances saying 'I've never heard of that book.'
As a result, it's generally years later that I've heard how funny everyone thought I was. :rolleyes:
But I always get my humor. But my girlfriend always said "it's not humor if no one else thinks it's funny."

mweinstone
05-13-2007, 01:44
i make up every word. every post. you guys are easy.

jrwiesz
05-13-2007, 02:33
MweinStoney, quit doing that damn dope, its making you null and void.

It's - "...bamn ****, its making you vull and noid."
Carry on.:D

jrwiesz
05-13-2007, 02:42
It's - "...bamn ****, its making you vull and noid."
Carry on.:D

See the previous post; proof positive, that somebody is watching!!!:-?

Nightwalker
05-13-2007, 02:45
See the previous post; proof positive, that somebody is watching!!!:-?

But who is watching the watchers? My guess is it's Uncle Dick. He doesn't sleep much better than I do. But in his case it's nightmares about drunk shotguns and stuff...

Brrrb Oregon
05-13-2007, 15:03
i make up every word. every post. you guys are easy.

Cheap, maybe, but not easy. You simply underestimate your charm.

mweinstone
05-13-2007, 16:09
easy as sunday morning,.....at trail days,.....is cancled due to high winds. just remote veiwed it. ill bet you a million. we moved into lonewolfs other house. the one were not supposed to know about. the really big one.

Rhino-lfl
05-14-2007, 11:18
The site isn't being watched anymore, they people we were interested in are being watched directly now.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-14-2007, 11:39
::: dino gets paranoid ::: :D

hootyhoo
05-14-2007, 17:13
I did not know that.

mweinstone
05-14-2007, 17:18
the government is like,..six guys with pencils. really.

Brrrb Oregon
05-14-2007, 17:23
the government is like,..six guys with pencils. really.

I think it is, rather, six guys who each think they ought to be totally in charge.

How I wish they knew how to use pencils. The only ones who do are on the Supreme Court, and they're stuck writing through scribes, in the third person plural, about how the others ought to mind their own business.

(There. That ought to get coffee up their underlings' noses.....they think the same thing.)

BigwaveDave
05-14-2007, 17:28
Go on, Keep it up, its all being recorded. Our reach is vast, oops broke a pencil, down to five now.

Nightwalker
05-14-2007, 18:37
If they record everything that I say, and most of what Matty says*, we won't have to worry about them anymore. They'll be in the soft room staring at their navels.

-------------------------------
*Scary thing is, some of what he says make sense. He's the funny, cute, cuddly kind of kwazy. Not like someone else we know...

Rhino-lfl
05-16-2007, 09:42
If they record everything that I say, and most of what Matty says*, we won't have to worry about them anymore. They'll be in the soft room staring at their navels.

We have devices for that. Go back to your American Idol reruns. You're easier to watch when you're comatose.

dperry
05-19-2007, 15:25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-e_CLmZGys

I'll see your Rockwell, and raise you one Men at Work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvPXVdl0gSo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvPXVdl0gSo)

Remember when videos were really literal? :D

Also, whatever happened to saxophones in pop music, anyway?

Nightwalker
05-21-2007, 01:54
We have devices for that. Go back to your American Idol reruns. You're easier to watch when you're comatose.

I've never seen American Idol. Or--probably--any other top 25 rated show, for that matter.

Chef2000
05-21-2007, 19:39
These days its all secerecy and no privacy