PDA

View Full Version : Noob Needs Advice!

jgeise01
05-11-2007, 00:25
I am looking to spend about two weeks on the trail this summer in late June, early July. I just really have no idea where to go. I have previous experience with hiking and camping. I am wondering whether anyone has advice on where I should go. Some considerations would be temperature and getting the best, first experience on the trail that I can! Any advice would be very much appreciated!

ShakeyLeggs
05-11-2007, 07:25
I am looking to spend about two weeks on the trail this summer in late June, early July. I just really have no idea where to go. I have previous experience with hiking and camping. I am wondering whether anyone has advice on where I should go. Some considerations would be temperature and getting the best, first experience on the trail that I can! Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Hi there and :welcome. I see you are in Harrisburg so my suggestion would be Catch the train down to Harpers Ferry and hike north. You can hike all the way back to Duncannon. I just did this and it cost me all of $78. Would be a bit longer than two weeks but there are many options to get off the trail and back home. Also it is one of the more benign sections of the trail. It is full of allot of history and has some awesome views. Just my 2 cents.

I live in Carlisle we might have to hook up and do some hiking.