PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hike with Caretaker in 98?

RockStar
05-11-2007, 05:55
I use to work with Caretaker who Thrued in 1998.He moved a few times so we lost touch. I never got a picture of him hiking b/c he didn't have copies and back then there was no Wal Mart Photo Center. I am looking for anyone who might have a pic or 2 of him during his hike. He started April 9th and was on Katahdin October 14th. Any help would be appreciated. He inspired this dream in me and if I can't find him to tell him Im living it...I'd like to carry a pic for inspiration. He was a good friend!

I have tried trail journals and exhausted my brain.:o

Here is the only pic I have of him at work with his mouth full :rolleyes: ...http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=16419&c=530

The Old Fhart
05-11-2007, 08:30
I hiked thru part of PA with Caretaker. He had a really great sense of humor and was a fun guy to hike with. I remember talking about accents in movies and he was telling me he couldn't stand to watch Nicolas Cage in 'Con-Air' because the Alabama accent sounded so fake. I think I have a photo of us sitting in front of the Port Clinton Hotel but I won't get a chance to check until after Trail Days.

Ender
05-11-2007, 11:52
I ran into him a few times up the trail. Great guy. The only photo I have of him though is from about a quarter mile off, with him silhouetted against the sky as he crossed over a NH mountain. You would never be able to tell who it is however.

RockStar
05-12-2007, 02:08
THANKS GUYS! Any pics would be appreciated! Whenever is convenient is better than never! I think I found his new number online...I will be sure to send him a copy and let him know you guys are on WB! He often said I was the ONLY girl that could keep up with his jokes and some oft hem scared him to know I GOT and still LAUGHED! ;) Fun to work with! Love Him! He has 2 beautiful children and a couple small businesses I think.

RockStar
05-27-2007, 16:25
I just wanted to see if either of you have had a chance to find a pic? I do appreciate your responses and any pics you find. I can copy them from the internet and print them at Wal Mart.