PDA

View Full Version : Hillbilly Yard Sale!

Pages : [1] 2

TOW
05-12-2007, 11:06
It's yard sale time here in Damascus, Virginia. Every year at this time there is a city wide yard sale to kick off Appalachian Trail Days which is a big ole bash to honor those who have came to Damascus via the Appalachian Trail. In 1921 Benton McKay, an educated forester and self trained planner who worked for the federal government part time wrote an essay proposing the trail as the connecting thread of “a project in regional planning.”
By 1937 the trail was reality.

The trail traverses fourteen states starting on top of Mt. Springer, Georgia and ending on top of Mt. Kathadin, Maine covering a distance of 2,167 miles give or take. Along that route the trail travels right through the center of Damascus, Virginia.

What you think you might need and then some things that you may never use can be purchased here and right now! Tools, toys, fishing items, mowers, air jacks, stickers, Tupperware bowls, dolls, baby clothing, baseball caps, sizzling magnets, false teeth, wigs, kerosene lanterns, mirrors, bouncing balls, jackets, hot dogs and cookies are all up for grabs. You can get deals here right now!

I got a deal right at the break of dawn this morning, at least I think I did anyway. In the First Baptist Church parking lot I found exactly what I was looking for, three brand new stainless steel pots for eight dollars! I had spaghetti at home and no way to cook it, now I can hook it up for my hiker friends that are always hiking through town. Then I purchased a Koss stereo and a toaster for only twenty bucks! The toaster doesn't work, but the stereo is fine. Maybe with a little tinkering at the hands of my landlord we can have a toaster. That guy has the touch to make anything work! In fact I decided to sell a few items as well. I laid two Briggs and Stratton engines in my landlords yard and a push mower. Before I went too far off he had the engines sold and the mower running! I kept the mower. As he once put it, we're rednecks and we got to make things work when we can.

As I walk down the street there is laughter in the air. A yard sale of this proportion seems to bring out the cheer in people. If they're not purchasing something they are visiting or meeting someone new. There are people from the surrounding communities that have come to sell their wares as well. Even a few professional dealers that make flea marketing their form of employment are here selling kitchen knives, Tye dye t-shirts, leather goods and everything that goes with that type of set up.

We even have a carnival in town. They've been here for four days now and will be packing it up tomorrow. The town is filling up with hikers as well, camping where ever there is a space available. By this time next week Appalachian Trail Days will be in full swing with vendors in the park, a talent show for locals, hikers or whoever else might want to jump in and perform. Heck fire, I might just get up on that stage and yodel till the dogs come home myself. I'll probably win first prize too! "Yodellayyeeyoh, yoohoo.................." Not bad, huh? I'll probably get shot if the truth be known.

Hillbilly yard sales, that's what these are know as down here in the deep jungles of southwestern Virginia. Yep, that's what we are. Hillbilly's! I think "Hee Haw" was even filmed here back in 1822?

You might even find some home canned goods like beets, green beans, corn, pickled pigs feet, hogs snout, and chitterlings. I got a dog I'll sell ya that don't even belong to me! He or she is worth a thousand or more , but I'll let you have it for $9.99! Whadaya say?

Larry Riddle May 12, 2007

Gray Blazer
05-12-2007, 11:16
Whee doggies! Save me some of those false teeth, I may need them later on. I wish I could come to trail days and vend some of my AT pics with the hillbilly barnwood frames and just hang out. Maybe I'll be up that way later this summer. Peace and love, Ya'll.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-12-2007, 13:06
Sounds like a mini version of the annual Highway 127 yard sale (http://www.127sale.com/) - it goes thru five states and runs for 630 miles. We did about 25 miles of that one year - exhausting, but some great buys and heard several stories you just couldn't make up.

Dances with Mice
05-12-2007, 14:55
Home canned chitterlings? Really? You're making that up now, aren't you?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-12-2007, 15:54
I doubt he is making it up, DWM. The raw ingredients (you don't want to know) are only available within a few hours of slaughtering a hog and they get tough when frozen (or so I'm told - hiker toes are the most disgusting thing I will eat :D)

Dances with Mice
05-12-2007, 16:05
I doubt he is making it up, DWM. The raw ingredients (you don't want to know) are only available within a few hours of slaughtering a hog and they get tough when frozen.Oh, I've been elbow deep in a tub of chitterlings. I know --exactly-- what chitterlings are and how they're processed from start to finish. Or end to finish. Whatever.

I've never heard of them being canned.

Hey, Larry! Pick me up a couple jars, ok?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-12-2007, 16:15
:eek: ::: dino makes mental note not to sample DWM's ramen ::: :eek:

Dances with Mice
05-12-2007, 17:51
::: dino makes mental note not to sample DWM's ramen ::: Why hush yo' mouth! I was well into my 30's before I learned "chitterlings" was spelled using an "r" and "g". Must be one of those French words or something.

Anyways, Ramen ain't fit for a mess of chitterlings. They should be eaten hot out of the frying pan garnished with fresh picked basil leaves and scallions with a side of honey-mustard or creamy horseradish sauce. I'll drop by your house and fry y'all up a batch.

Hmmmm .... I don't seem to have directions to your domicile. When can I expect that unfortunate oversight to be corrected?

Larry! Got those jars yet? The dinos are counting on you!

Dances with Mice
05-12-2007, 18:42
Hmmmm .... I don't seem to have directions to your domicile. When can I expect that unfortunate oversight to be corrected?Your PM box appears to be full but I agree that would be a very, very cold day.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-12-2007, 18:54
I've emptied my PM box. However, I'm not about to give directions to my home to anyone who comes bearing chittlins (glad to know you know the proper way to spell this).

I tried them once many years ago. I was seven months pregnant and at a party. They had been prepared by the hostess' mother - a lady who was the best soul food cook I've ever known - so I'm fairly sure she knew how. Most at the party were eating them and kept encouraging me to try them. One bite and I spent the rest of the evening in the upstairs bath worshipping the porcelean god. That is the nastiest thing I have ever tasted.

Dances with Mice
05-12-2007, 19:41
I tried them once many years ago. I was seven months pregnant and at a party. They had been prepared by the hostess' mother - a lady who was the best soul food cook I've ever known - so I'm fairly sure she knew how.First, listen up y'all: Miz Dino did not PM me with specifications on how cold a day it would have to be for me to fry chitlins in her house. That insinuation was my attempt at humor and a pure fabrication.

Second: No human with an intact sense of smell, pregnant or otherwise, would have been able to eat anything in a house in which chitlins have been fried. It's an outdoor thang. Way outdoors and downwind from the house, best if upwind from a neighbor you don't like.

If done well the taste is kinda like pork skins but chewier, they'll be nice and crisp if fried in good hot lard.

Larry! How many did you score? The countdown to the SoRuck has begun!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-12-2007, 20:07
DWM, don't tell me someone took our tom-foolery seriously. DWM and I are friends and since we are both ALDHA members, he has my home address and phone number. You people will just have to join it you plan to bring chittlins to my door.

mweinstone
05-13-2007, 08:26
aw shucks lar, ya make the town sound sweet.witch it is.damm shes a sweet town. im commin as fast as i can. want sumpin from this here city?we gotz us chocolate cigars.we got organic everything. want organic scoll tobacco/ we got it. need freezed dryed japenese illegal black deer antler or rhino horn and a little thinggy to cook it? we got it.lets say you needed a chocolate covered onion. yup. singing dog gram for pooches birthday? sure, 1 800 doggift. need jewels? we got jewelers row, the third largest pile of rocks in the world outside of antwerp.i could stop and pick you up something from condom nation. its a supermarket just of condoms. not kidding.if you need a beautiful dominatrix to come over right away and spank you,.. we have ten for each man woman and child in damascus .phily is the third or fourth largest city in the country. we have the sins of babalon and the treasures of the tajmahal. we got crack and we got murder. we sell souls and we buy girders. to build tall offices ,and stack folks up. just makes folks pissed and go corrupt. at lunch each day,they find a way, to the park, and close thir eyes nice and dark, ant sit and think , about a place like damascus, and how philly stinks.

Jester2000
05-13-2007, 17:48
I loves me some yard sale.

Dances with Mice
05-13-2007, 18:01
And Larry? I should have said this first: That was a great report! Really outstanding. Made me feel like I was there.

We just funnin' some, y'know?

Smile
05-13-2007, 19:29
Is there anyplace to sell/trade gear at TrailDays on Sat or sunday?
Thinking about going..... have a bunch of stuff.

D'Artagnan
05-14-2007, 09:20
I've emptied my PM box. However, I'm not about to give directions to my home to anyone who comes bearing chittlins (glad to know you know the proper way to spell this).

I tried them once many years ago. I was seven months pregnant and at a party. They had been prepared by the hostess' mother - a lady who was the best soul food cook I've ever known - so I'm fairly sure she knew how. Most at the party were eating them and kept encouraging me to try them. One bite and I spent the rest of the evening in the upstairs bath worshipping the porcelean god. That is the nastiest thing I have ever tasted.

My uncle once pulled a fast one on my mom when he and a buddy of his offered her a "pork tenderloin" biscuit. A couple bites in, they both started laughing. She knew then that it wasn't pork tenderloin. Turns out it was "mountain oysters" which she promptly returned to sender. There are just some things that weren't meant to be eaten. (Calf brains & eggs, chitterlings, beef tongue, oxtail, etc.)

peanuts
05-14-2007, 09:28
beef tongue and oxtail are delish!!!!yumms.......

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-14-2007, 11:35
Have to agree with Peanuts on oxtail and tongue. I even like brains and eggs. Chitlins, however, are just too gross for words. I can't begin to describe the taste.

Dances with Mice
05-14-2007, 11:38
There are just some things that weren't meant to be eaten. (Calf brains & eggs, chitterlings, beef tongue, oxtail, etc.)Whoa, wait now, some of these things are not like the others. Tongue boiled in salted water then cooled, sliced thin and served on crackers with cheese is great. That's good eats.

And oxtails I hear are good for soups but I haven't tried it and have no opinion. There's a lot of things good for soups.

Two Speed
05-14-2007, 21:42
OK, to get this thread back on course, should you buy your chitlins, mountain oysters, calf brains, beef tongue, oxtails or pork brains in milk gravy at a yard sale? :-?

Skidsteer
05-14-2007, 22:20
OK, to get this thread back on course, should you buy your chitlins, mountain oysters, calf brains, beef tongue, oxtails or pork brains in milk gravy at a yard sale? :-?

Sure, why not.

For you entrepreneurial types, I hear tell they sell better if displayed next to the Dale Earnhardt commemorative plates.

Nightwalker
05-14-2007, 22:25
Sure, why not.

For you entrepreneurial types, I hear tell they sell better if displayed next to the Dale Earnhardt commemorative plates.

Man, I know places where you're taking your life in your hands when you make light of Earnhardt. :)

Two Speed
05-15-2007, 05:53
Man, I know places where you're taking your life in your hands when you make light of Earnhardt. :)Sooooo, would it be bad to suggest that the chitlins, mountain oysters, calf brains, beef tongue, oxtails and pork brains in milk gravy would look best between the Earnhardt memorobilia and the velvet Elvis?

Dances with Mice
05-15-2007, 06:23
Sooooo, would it be bad to suggest that the chitlins, mountain oysters, calf brains, beef tongue, oxtails and pork brains in milk gravy would look best between the Earnhardt memorobilia and the velvet Elvis?First, y'all are assuming that anyone would sell their No. 9 collection or take down their Elvis shrine. You're more likely to find family bibles for sale.

But to answer your question - it depends on which Elvis - young Elvis or the older E in an overstretched jumpsuit? The velvet crying Elvis is pretty neutral and might be a better choice.

D'Artagnan
05-15-2007, 08:47
First, y'all are assuming that anyone would sell their No. 9 collection or take down their Elvis shrine. You're more likely to find family bibles for sale.

But to answer your question - it depends on which Elvis - young Elvis or the older E in an overstretched jumpsuit? The velvet crying Elvis is pretty neutral and might be a better choice.

OK, I'm telling on myself I guess, but wasn't Dale Sr in the No. "3" car? OH, OH, OH -- You're talkin' Dale JR. :D I knew a man from GA couldn't be wrong with regards to the Man in Black. (I just want to know where the Dogs Playing Poker oil-on-canvas are for sale. If someone knows, I'd like to submit a commission bid.)

Two Speed
05-15-2007, 08:47
First, y'all are assuming that anyone would sell their No. 9 collection or take down their Elvis shrine. . .
"Ya'll" is plural, not singular
Dale Earnhardt didn't drive No. 9.
Based on the above infractions of Southern grammer and culture, I suspect we have a Yankee on our hands.

Gray Blazer
05-15-2007, 10:32
one....two....earnhardt....four.....;)

Dances with Mice
05-15-2007, 10:40
Dale Earnhardt didn't drive No. 9.Based on the above infractions of Southern grammer and culture, I suspect we have a Yankee on our hands.I plead pre-coffee.

To re-answer the question, I think the black velvet painting of Dale, crying Elvis, and Jesus sitting three across the front seat of Number 3 going into the 2nd turn at Talladega would be perfect. You know the one.

D'Artagnan
05-15-2007, 10:44
Dale Earnhardt didn't drive No. 9.Based on the above infractions of Southern grammer and culture, I suspect we have a Yankee on our hands.

I thought I was a redneck 'til I went to WV and heard folks using "you'uns" in place of my beloved "y'all". What a travesty. :D

BTW, I like the stickers I see on the back of Chevy trucks with the number 3 sprouting angel wings. That's a classic! Thinking of getting that as my first tattoo.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-15-2007, 12:12
To re-answer the question, I think the black velvet painting of Dale, crying Elvis, and Jesus sitting three across the front seat of Number 3 going into the 2nd turn at Talladega would be perfect. You know the one.I'm thinking a 'Last Supper' type painting on velvet with Earnhardt as Peter and all of the dearly departed Nascar drivers as the apostles except Judas. He will be General Grant.

Gray Blazer
05-15-2007, 12:45
I'm thinking a 'Last Supper' type painting on velvet with Earnhardt as Peter and all of the dearly departed Nascar drivers as the apostles except Judas. He will be General Grant.
Sherman might be better.;)

TOW
05-15-2007, 13:04
Home canned chitterlings? Really? You're making that up now, aren't you?
It's up to you figure the fiction in this short windy tale of mine..........

TOW
05-15-2007, 13:06
Why hush yo' mouth! I was well into my 30's before I learned "chitterlings" was spelled using an "r" and "g". Must be one of those French words or something.

Anyways, Ramen ain't fit for a mess of chitterlings. They should be eaten hot out of the frying pan garnished with fresh picked basil leaves and scallions with a side of honey-mustard or creamy horseradish sauce. I'll drop by your house and fry y'all up a batch.

Hmmmm .... I don't seem to have directions to your domicile. When can I expect that unfortunate oversight to be corrected?

Larry! Got those jars yet? The dinos are counting on you!
I missed the opportunity, but I can direct you to the guy who makes the best smoked fatback I have ever tasted......

TOW
05-15-2007, 13:11
Is there anyplace to sell/trade gear at TrailDays on Sat or sunday?
Thinking about going..... have a bunch of stuff.
Smile, you can set up in my front yard if you want. You are always welcomed at my house......

TOW
05-15-2007, 13:14
There are just some things that weren't meant to be eaten. (Calf brains & eggs, chitterlings, beef tongue, oxtail, etc.)
I see we need to set you down at a table and instruct you on what is proper to eat or not eat, basically you need to become like a bear, omnivorous. By the way are you coming to Trail Days?

D'Artagnan
05-15-2007, 13:53
I see we need to set you down at a table and instruct you on what is proper to eat or not eat, basically you need to become like a bear, omnivorous. By the way are you coming to Trail Days?

I plan on heading up Thursday evening after work. Don't know my ETA yet but it'll probably be around Dark o'clock. You got trees around that house that'll hold up a hammock?

D'Artagnan
05-15-2007, 13:57
I'm thinking a 'Last Supper' type painting on velvet with Earnhardt as Peter and all of the dearly departed Nascar drivers as the apostles except Judas. He will be General Grant.

You might be onto something there. I bet that would sell like Charmin at a Chimichanga Festival! Let's see if we can't find a starving young artist. Gray Blazer is right about Sherman, too. :D

TOW
05-15-2007, 14:02
I plan on heading up Thursday evening after work. Don't know my ETA yet but it'll probably be around Dark o'clock. You got trees around that house that'll hold up a hammock?
Yes I do, but my landlord says no...........might be able to fit you in somewhere? Besides the trees are right in the front driveway....

Nightwalker
05-15-2007, 14:39
one....two....Earnhardt....four.....;)

Dang, I might just steal that one.

I believe the local Bubba court just recently sentenced Jeff Gordon to California Homo Hell for passing Old Ironhead* in total victories. What would it be then? 22, 23, FagGordon, 25?

These guys really just hate Gordon 'cause he kept ol' #3 from beatin' King Richard in Winston Cup championships. They didn't know that those two were friends off-track. It probably wouldn't have mattered, anyway. :)

The above belief can be almost proven by the fact that if "Jeff is gay" like so many of The Intimidator fans wanted to say, why does he marry such hotties? Tell me that one. Expensive beards, maybe? Nah.

BTW, Junior's number is 8, not 9. Just sayin'...

--------------------------------------------------------

*Strange nickname, considering how he died. Don't ya think?

Two Speed
05-15-2007, 14:43
Ya know, I just had a random thought: if this is a "hillbilly yard sale" how much do hillbilly yards usually go for, and do they come with pink flamingos?

TOW
05-15-2007, 15:18
Pink Flamingos galore!

Jester2000
05-15-2007, 18:54
one....two....earnhardt....four.....;)

Fair warning. I am totally stealing this.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-15-2007, 20:55
Sherman might be better.;)He's the guy in the corner with the pitchfork ;)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-15-2007, 21:29
Ya know, I just had a random thought: if this is a "hillbilly yard sale" how much do hillbilly yards usually go for, and do they come with pink flamingos?The cost of a hillbilly yard varies according to the accessories included. A yard with several old vehicles and a porch with several appliances and an old sofa will cost you. Pink Flamingos and sunflowers do add value.

Uncle Silly
05-16-2007, 10:05
The cost of a hillbilly yard varies according to the accessories included. A yard with several old vehicles and a porch with several appliances and an old sofa will cost you. Pink Flamingos and sunflowers do add value.

How much value added for the pack of blue tick hounds living under the porch?

Wonder
05-16-2007, 10:22
You might be onto something there. I bet that would sell like Charmin at a Chimichanga Festival! Let's see if we can't find a starving young artist. Gray Blazer is right about Sherman, too. :D

and I'm stealing that one.....

Wonder
05-16-2007, 10:24
What about the rusted out 3 wheeled chevelle?......wht the tree growing out of the roof?
(ok...ok...the yankee crawls quietly back into her northern burrow)

Two Speed
05-16-2007, 10:30
Fair warning. I am totally stealing this.Get in line, pal.
The cost of a hillbilly yard varies according to the accessories included . . .
How much value added for the pack of blue tick hounds living under the porch?
What about the rusted out 3 wheeled chevelle?......wht the tree growing out of the roof?
(ok...ok...the yankee crawls quietly back into her northern burrow)Ain't got room for any of that in the dinky front yard I've got at the condo. Would a "commode style" flower pot qualify? How about if I plant sunflowers in it?

Wonder, that was pretty good for a yankee. I see hanging out at Cloud 9 is having a positive influence on you.

Wonder
05-16-2007, 10:36
I've apparently become a darn yankee. I go home from time to time.....but I keep coming back. I'm even learing the language!
(though it may get me beat up when I get back to Philly.....)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-16-2007, 10:53
How much value added for the pack of blue tick hounds living under the porch?If the entire house is supported on stacked stone pillars and the blue ticks live under a similarly supported porch, this is one of the more exclusive yards.

Wonder, I three-wheel Chevelle with a tree adds roughly the same vaule as an inground swimming pool does in Yankeeland.

Wonder
05-16-2007, 11:05
You know....simple additions can do wonders for raising property value!

TOW
05-16-2007, 11:42
If everyday someone comes to your door mistakenly thinking you are having a yard sale, you maybe a hillbilly...........

Nightwalker
05-21-2007, 02:39
I've apparently become a darn yankee. I go home from time to time.....but I keep coming back. I'm even learing the language!
(though it may get me beat up when I get back to Philly.....)

You've been getting the wrong definition for a damned Yankee. They're the ones that come down here and say "well in Trenton, we didn't do it that way," like we give a rat's ass. :)

Nightwalker
05-21-2007, 02:41
If everyday someone comes to your door mistakenly thinking you are having a yard sale, you maybe a hillbilly...........

Good 'un there, buddy-boy.

If the neighbors try to have your house condemned while you're still living in it, you might be a hillbilly.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-21-2007, 07:01
I have revised my assessment of chitlins. I went to TOW's house for breakfast yesterday and he served chiltlins, hog jowl and brains. It was wonderful. It tasted a lot like eggs with cheese, southern fried tators smothered and covered and buscuits.

Gray Blazer
05-21-2007, 07:51
I have revised my assessment of chitlins. I went to TOW's house for breakfast yesterday and he served chiltlins, hog jowl and brains. It was wonderful. It tasted a lot like eggs with cheese, southern fried tators smothered and covered and buscuits.

You are a lot braver than me. I love Larry, even though I have yet to meet him face to face, but, I don't think the brains could have passed my lips noway, no how. I guess I'm not truly southern.:o

TOW
05-21-2007, 08:43
You've been getting the wrong definition for a damned Yankee. They're the ones that come down here and say "well in Trenton, we didn't do it that way," like we give a rat's ass. :)
Ain't that the truth, then you have your southern yankees from Florida.......

TOW
05-21-2007, 08:44
Ah, another disciple........................

TOW
05-21-2007, 08:45
You are a lot braver than me. I love Larry, even though I have yet to meet him face to face, but, I don't think the brains could have passed my lips noway, no how. I guess I'm not truly southern.:o
Not to worry, we will convert you yet....................

Jester2000
05-29-2007, 22:33
. . .They're the ones that come down here and say "well in Trenton, we didn't do it that way," like we give a rat's ass. :)

Yeah, the thing is, nothing happens in Trenton that anyone should be particularly proud of.

Uncle Silly
05-30-2007, 01:41

See, THIS is what's wrong with South Carolina. No public education to speak of.

Yankees go home. Damn yankees are the ones that STAY.

Every real southerner knows that!

Two Speed
05-30-2007, 06:11
. . . I don't think the brains could have passed my lips noway, no how. I guess I'm not truly southern.:oWell, if eating pork brains in milk gravy is the "litmus test" I guess I'll always be a wannabe, too. Somehow going to the effort required to can that crap is something that just boggles my mind.

Maybe we can start a club or something? Or maybe I should just start playing solo Boggle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boggle). :-?

Gray Blazer
05-30-2007, 10:19
Well, if eating pork brains in milk gravy is the "litmus test" I guess I'll always be a wannabe, too. Somehow going to the effort required to can that crap is something that just boggles my mind.

Maybe we can start a club or something? Or maybe I should just start playing solo Boggle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boggle). :-?

A Boggle Club or a He Man Pork Brains in Gravy Haters Club? Can you do that online?

TOW
05-30-2007, 11:24
I can see right now that we are going to have to do some instructing with you as to the finer delicacies on the culinary level.

Lets see............:-? When we meet and you come over for dinner, I will place a plate of hog jowls, chiterlings, and brains in front of you. If you don't start eating by the count of three I'll just lay my mind adjuster on the table and after you see things my way, you'll be singing praises here on whiteblaze just like FD is doing. She was tough one I tell to adjust. She put up a good battle.......................

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-30-2007, 11:42
::: calls doc to have mind readjusted to factory settings :::

Gray Blazer
05-30-2007, 11:43
I can see right now that we are going to have to do some instructing with you as to the finer delicacies on the culinary level.

Lets see............:-? When we meet and you come over for dinner, I will place a plate of hog jowls, chiterlings, and brains in front of you. If you don't start eating by the count of three I'll just lay my mind adjuster on the table and after you see things my way, you'll be singing praises here on whiteblaze just like FD is doing. She was tough one I tell to adjust. She put up a good battle.......................

I don't know, Larry. I do want to come and meet you this summer. Maybe if I don't eat for three days .........?:-?

TOW
05-30-2007, 16:04
I don't know, Larry. I do want to come and meet you this summer. Maybe if I don't eat for three days .........?:-?
Now your getting the spirit ole boy................!:banana

Two Speed
05-30-2007, 17:54
A Boggle Club or a He Man Pork Brains in Gravy Haters Club? Can you do that online?Well, the "He Man Pork Brains in Gravy Haters Club" sounds like more fun, and we're online, so why the heck not? I suggest we get a quorum and start work on a constitution.

Wonder
05-30-2007, 19:15
After hearing about all of this "food" I'm not so sure I can handle being TOW's neighbor anymore....
Ha, just kidding larry. You rock! But I'm still Yankee enough to NOT eat chitlins....nope, not happening. Beg, plea, try.....shoot. I won't even go to Trenton :-)

Two Speed
05-30-2007, 20:48
. . . But I'm still Yankee enough to NOT eat chitlins....nope, not happening. Beg, plea, try.....shoot. I won't even go to Trenton :-)Pssst! If you swear off pork brains with milk gravy you can join our new club.

Wonder
05-30-2007, 20:53
~~~~~i, wonder, do swear to never eat pork brains and gravy......... what's the handshake?~~~~~~

Two Speed
05-30-2007, 21:01
Only three of us so far, so no secret handshake yet. However, I think a ritual "whoop, whoop, whoop" call might be in order. Can I get an "amen" on that?

Wonder
05-30-2007, 22:32
AMEN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
(note creative comma use to fill 10 spaces)

Two Speed
05-31-2007, 05:59
Alright! Now, down to business. I nominate Gray Blazer as our president. Can I get a second on that?

Next, we need to hold a fund raiser. How about a hillbilly yard sale? Know any hillbillies we could get cheap and unload on an unsuspecting yankee?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-31-2007, 06:08
Someone is going to have to teach Wonder to speak hillbilly......

Two Speed
05-31-2007, 08:04
Someone is going to have to teach Wonder to speak hillbilly......As a member of the He Man Pork Brains in Gravy Haters Club I think we should allow Wonder an exemption to the Southernese requirement under the "wannabe" status. However, it probably would help address her social isolation issues if she took that challenge as part of her introduction into Southern culture. Living next door to TOW ought to expedite that, though.

BTW FD, you a member? Being a secret society it can be hard to tell. :p

Lone Wolf
05-31-2007, 08:07
Living next door to TOW ought to expedite that, though.

what's so southern about TOW? he's from Kansas.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-31-2007, 08:37
TwoSpeed, I can't join. I like pork brains in gravy with biscuits.
::: dino hangs head in shame and tries to bite self on toes :::

TOW
05-31-2007, 08:43
After hearing about all of this "food" I'm not so sure I can handle being TOW's neighbor anymore....
Ha, just kidding larry. You rock! But I'm still Yankee enough to NOT eat chitlins....nope, not happening. Beg, plea, try.....shoot. I won't even go to Trenton :-)
By the time I work the ole magic stick on ya, you'll be taking southern tradition back with you to yankee land. In fact you'll be preaching hog guts and eggs as the best you ever ate.............

I can see it now.......................:banana

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-31-2007, 08:46
Sent Wonder to me for a week - she will be speaking hillbilly, cooking corn pone and wearing tie-dyed overalls.

TOW
05-31-2007, 08:51
Pssst! If you swear off pork brains with milk gravy you can join our new club.
Don't listen to thems Wonder, you know you want to be a real southern girl......

Just look at this bottle of moonshine swinging side to side in fron of your eyes. That's it. Now your getting very cross eyed and drunk, 1, 2, 3.........

"HEY ELMER GET THEM HOG GUTS AND BRAINS READY, OLE WONDER HERE IS GETTING READY TO EAT! BETTER THROW SOME MOUNTAIN OYSTERS IN THERE TOO, ONCE SHE STARTS WE WON'T BE ABLE TO STOP HER.........!"

That's what we'll be saying down in these neck of the woods. You can't be hanging around with the likes of Uncle Silly and not become southern fed girl. Didn't know what you was getting into when you started hanging out with a banjo strummer did ya.............?

TOW
05-31-2007, 08:54
Only three of us so far, so no secret handshake yet. However, I think a ritual "whoop, whoop, whoop" call might be in order. Can I get an "amen" on that?
Alright my southern redneck cousins I see the north and south going at it again, only this time we're going to win because we know how to do the cookin' and the sloppin'......................

TOW
05-31-2007, 08:56
Alright! Now, down to business. I nominate Gray Blazer as our president. Can I get a second on that?

Next, we need to hold a fund raiser. How about a hillbilly yard sale? Know any hillbillies we could get cheap and unload on an unsuspecting yankee?
I just realized you live in Georgia, and you don't eat this crap? Whoops, I mean "delicacy?" You must be an implant!

TOW
05-31-2007, 09:00
what's so southern about TOW? he's from Kansas.
And this is coming from a guy who is from New Jersey.......

That be southern Kansas by the way, with roots from Wilkesborro, NC so that makes me southern bred! But if you really want to get to the heart of the matter, we Riddle's are Scottish Hillbillys!

TOW
05-31-2007, 09:02
TwoSpeed, I can't join. I like pork brains in gravy with biscuits.
::: dino hangs head in shame and tries to bite self on toes :::
Dang it! I knew we should have met twenty years ago, your my kinda lady!

Lone Wolf
05-31-2007, 09:02
And this is coming from a guy who is from New Jersey.......

That be southern Kansas by the way, with roots from Wilkesborro, NC so that makes me southern bred! But if you really want to get to the heart of the matter, we Riddle's are Scottish Hillbillys!

i'm not from f ckn new jersey! I'm from rhode island

TOW
05-31-2007, 09:06
i'm not from f ckn new jersey! I'm from rhode island
Oh well, same difference...........all them New England states take on a familiar tone once you see them..............

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-31-2007, 10:25
Wonder has arrived at my house and the transition has begun (http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/Wonderoveralls.jpg)

Gray Blazer
05-31-2007, 11:09

Alright, I'll be prez, now can we get on with the impeachment?:D

TOW
05-31-2007, 11:52
Alright, I'll be prez, now can we get on with the impeachment?:D
I second that vote!:D

Two Speed
05-31-2007, 13:00
Alright, I'll be prez, now can we get on with the impeachment?:DGotta invade a foriegn country first. How about Billville? Maybe you can borrow TOW's jug and use that for cover while you infiltrate. Just make sure you bring the jug back cuz I want a swig, too.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-31-2007, 13:23
We can just cook chitlins nearby and they will surrender.

TOW
05-31-2007, 14:01
We can just cook chitlins nearby and they will surrender.
that's right, we know how to win the war already!:D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-31-2007, 14:53
I wonder if cooking chitlins would violate the international laws regarding torture?

TOW
05-31-2007, 16:53
I wonder if cooking chitlins would violate the international laws regarding torture?
hmmmmmmm, weeeeellllllll, hmmmmmmmm............:-?

Two Speed
05-31-2007, 19:15
I just realized you live in Georgia, and you don't eat this crap? Whoops, I mean "delicacy?" You must be an implant!Sorry, can't discuss any implants. Family site and all that.
Wonder has arrived at my house and the transition has begun (http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/Wonderoveralls.jpg)Run Wonder, run, before it's too late!
I wonder if cooking chitlins would violate the international laws regarding torture?Like there's any doubt? You fiend!

Gray Blazer
05-31-2007, 20:36
This is turning into a good thread. With Hillbilly in the title you can't go wrong. As far as being the Prez of the He Man Pork Brains with Gravy Hater's Club....."If nominated, I will not run...If elected I will not serve." Who said that? Hint: he was already mentioned in this thread and he is not popular with hillbilly's in GA and, especially, my grandmother..."Mother of Jefferson Davis!!"

Two Speed
05-31-2007, 21:08
. . . my grandmother..."Mother of Jefferson Davis!!"Your grandmother was the Mother of Jefferson Davis? Duuuuude! You are so the Prez of the He-Man Pork Brains in Gravy Haters Club!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-31-2007, 21:12
::: dino returns from taking Wonder to a nascar race in her new tie dyed overalls :::

Two Speed
05-31-2007, 21:24
Oh man, it's too late. Another zombie. Will this night ever end?

Gray Blazer
05-31-2007, 22:45
Your grandmother was the Mother of Jefferson Davis? Duuuuude! You are so the Prez of the He-Man Pork Brains in Gravy Haters Club!

I know it looked like that, but that was actually a quote from the movie "Mame" with Lucille Ball. Her Mother-in-law said that when she was riding the killer horse.

smokymtnsteve
05-31-2007, 23:27

or perhaps a member of the group here in Fairbanks AK known as ARTIC HILLBILLIES...while dog mushing is the AK state sport in the winter DUMPSTER DIVING is the official summer sport.

recently the Fairbanks North Star borough attempted to pass an ordiance limiting the square footage of "recycleables" that one could store on thier property here in Fairbanks.

the Borough assembly meeting was overwhlemed by opposition to this...letters to the editor, community prespective pieces and out-right threats were issued to the assembly folks who attempted this foolish piece of legislation ,,,,

k

Two Speed
06-01-2007, 06:13
Hey Gray Blazer! How about we nominate SMS as our chaplain? Maybe Abbeyism will be the religion of two out of three He-Man Pork Brains in Gravy Haters Club members one day.

This is really coming along. We got a Prez and we have a candidate for chaplain, and we ain't been organized but two or three days. Now, if we can only stop the evil FD before she photoshops again . . . :-?

Dances with Mice
06-01-2007, 06:19
::: dino returns from taking Wonder to a nascar race in her new tie dyed overalls :::If Wonder went to a Nascar race in tie dyed overalls all the women there would say "Bless your little heart, Darlin'. That wouldna happened if you'd separated your colors and whites before doing your laundry."

Gray Blazer
06-01-2007, 07:40
[quote=Two Speed;368083]Hey Gray Blazer! How about we nominate SMS as our chaplain? Maybe Abbeyism will be the religion of two out of three He-Man Pork Brains in Gravy Haters Club members one day.

[/quot}

As for my religion, you can call me Seldom Seen Prez if ya know what I mean. Two Speed, thanks for doing all the heavy lifting. With your help and the help of many others, we can make this the longest thread about nothing ever! :-?

TOW
06-01-2007, 09:05
or perhaps a member of the group here in Fairbanks AK known as ARTIC HILLBILLIES...while dog mushing is the AK state sport in the winter DUMPSTER DIVING is the official summer sport.
k
I can see Wee Willy and Pirate has made their rounds up there teaching you all this fine sport, they both took home five gold medals this year at Trail Day's..................

TOW
06-01-2007, 09:13
This is really coming along. We got a Prez and we have a candidate for chaplain, and we ain't been organized but two or three days. Now, if we can only stop the evil FD before she photoshops again . . . :-?
Don't worry FD, I got your back doors. I'll just take these gents over to my MawMaws restaurant and they'll settle right down...............http://flickr.com/photos/94112344@N00/291176774/

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-01-2007, 09:26
If Wonder went to a Nascar race in tie dyed overalls all the women there would say "Bless your little heart, Darlin'. That wouldna happened if you'd separated your colors and whites before doing your laundry."Shhh... I'm breaking Wonder into southern culture slowly - we'll get her some real overalls when she get used to wearing the tie-dyed version. Do you think it is too early to teach her how a lady dips snuff?

Gray Blazer
06-01-2007, 10:02
Don't worry FD, I got your back doors. I'll just take these gents over to my MawMaws restaurant and they'll settle right down...............http://flickr.com/photos/94112344@N00/291176774/
I could use that bathtub. Water my cows or sumthin'.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-01-2007, 10:45
Papa (my maternal grandfather) had a bathtub just like that one to water his cows. It had a standard toilet float valve (http://www.handymanwire.com/articles/toilet.gif) that caused it to refill when the cows drank enough to water. Here is a pic of Papa (in overalls of course) with a topless female dino showing an affinity for drinking. (http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/ReneewithPapaApril.jpg)

Gray Blazer
06-01-2007, 11:08
Papa (my maternal grandfather) had a bathtub just like that one to water his cows. It had a standard toilet float valve (http://www.handymanwire.com/articles/toilet.gif) that caused it to refill when the cows drank enough to water. Here is a pic of Papa (in overalls of course) with a topless female dino showing an affinity for drinking. (http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/ReneewithPapaApril.jpg)

I put a clawfoot bathtub in my former loghome. It was a big one. As far as that picture goes, you are definitely a babe!

TOW
06-01-2007, 12:21
Hitting it hard from the gate, that's a hillbilly girl for ya!

Two Speed
06-01-2007, 19:21
Don't worry FD, I got your back doors. I'll just take these gents over to my MawMaws restaurant and they'll settle right down...............http://flickr.com/photos/94112344@N00/291176774/Sooooo, how were the hotdogs, anyway? Couldn't be much worse than the Varsity.

smokymtnsteve
06-01-2007, 20:25
Sooooo, how were the hotdogs, anyway? Couldn't be much worse than the Varsity.

what'll you have..

have yore money in hand and yore order in mind,

so we can git U to the ballgame in time:D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-01-2007, 20:53
And don't ask what's in our hotdogs. We makes 'em outback - right after Junior gets home with the roadkill.

Jimmers
06-01-2007, 21:08
And don't ask what's in our hotdogs. We makes 'em outback - right after Junior gets home with the roadkill.

Hey, we didn't ask!:D Ya coulda left it be at "makes em outback." The imagination is bad enough....:eek:

smokymtnsteve
06-01-2007, 21:11
yum yum

vi-en-er sausage sandwich ..on white bread with mustard and mayonaiise

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-01-2007, 21:13
Don't fergit the fresh picked leaf lettuce and a 'mater.

Two Speed
06-01-2007, 21:54
Barbarians. The best sammich is vidalia onions & 'maters. Sliced thin, just enough mayo on white bread to keep the 'mater from making the bread soggy, little bit of salt & pepper.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-01-2007, 22:09
An onion and 'mater sammich without leaf lettuce! I’m reporting you to Bertha-Better-Than-You for blasphemy.

Two Speed
06-02-2007, 04:05
I've been reported to Bertha-Better-Than-You before, and I got a fix for her. Just you wait 'til I cut my squirrel loose at church. My only problem is I kinda stand out at church 'cuz I ain't seen there much. Maybe I can infiltrate if I get some tie-dyed overalls . . . hmmm, prolly get a coupla squirrels in if I do that.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-02-2007, 07:46
Dadgumit, he has connections down at the First Self-Righteous Church.
:-?:sunI'll call the clan and tell 'em he's an evil doer sympathizer.

Two Speed
06-02-2007, 08:27
Ya know, now that I think about it I suspicion that Wonder looks better in tie-dyed overalls than ever I will. Maybe I kin slip by TOW's place and swipe some Sunday-go-to-meeting type NASCAR memorobilia. Nobody'd ever suspect a Dale Earnhardt fan of being an evil doer sympathizer.

If I get really lucky maybe I can snatch Wonder away from that brain-washing, snake handling tie-dyed overall wearing cult she's been indoctrinated into and get her into something more logical . . . like Abbeyism. Heck, Hare Krishna would be better than that brain-washing, snake handling tie-dyed overall wearing cult. SMS, stand by. We may need to have an emergency "intervention."

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-02-2007, 08:58
Dagnabit, this 2-speed is a slick one. Guess I'll have to offer him a chaw in public to expose him. When he turns green, everyone will know.....

We should not be confused with the snake handling cult. we are from the snake killin' cult - the only good snake is a dead snake (except for the black barn snakes that eat all those corn-stealing rodents. A hickory switch will be visiting your hindquarters if you kill those snakes.)

Two Speed
06-02-2007, 10:46
Note to self:

Perfect the "cigar-smoking Dale Earnhardt fan" disguise so as to avoid disclosure by the "yew want a chaw?" gambit.
Leave the black barn snakes alone.
Continue monitoring this channel for more intelligence on the opponent.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-02-2007, 11:11
::: Makes evil plan to take 2-Speed to a tent revivial. He will not know the protocols for behavior and the squirrel trick doesn't work in an open environment. Squirrels prefer trees to Bertha's garters any day. :::

Two Speed
06-02-2007, 13:02
::: dino returns from taking Wonder to a nascar race in her new tie dyed overalls :::

::: Makes evil plan to take 2-Speed to a tent revivial. He will not know the protocols for behavior and the squirrel trick doesn't work in an open environment.:::OK, my plans are beginning to gel.* First, I have to see if I can stash a couple of squirrels in FD's tie-dyed overalls, then I need to pull the tobacco out of a couple of cigars and replace it with dehydrated chitlins. That ought to clear a tent or two. Of course, that means I may have to inhale chitlin fumes, but it's worth it to clear a tent full of brain-washing, snake handling tie-dyed overall wearing cultists.
::: Squirrels prefer trees to Bertha's garters any day. :::Oh, thanks a pant load for that visual. Prolly wake up tonight screaming my head off.
. . . With your help and the help of many others, we can make this the longest thread about nothing ever! :-?Uhhh, a little help here?

*Just like the grease from a big ol' frying pan of streak-o-lean as it cools in the tin can on the window sill.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-02-2007, 14:56
Note: FD would not be caught dead in tie-dyed overalls.

Second note: If you were a true southerner, you would know that inhaling chitlins in the manner you describe would likely be fatal. Even though we are fueding, I couldn't live with myself if'un I didn't warn you of the danger.

TOW
06-02-2007, 16:21
gee wiz sister, you weren't suppose to tell them that. next thing you know they'll find out it was polecat................:eek:

TOW
06-02-2007, 16:22
yum yum

vi-en-er sausage sandwich ..on white bread with mustard and mayonaiise
........and a bowl of collard greens................

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-02-2007, 16:22
TOW, I think their noses would tip them off to that ingredient :D

TOW
06-02-2007, 16:25
Barbarians. The best sammich is vidalia onions & 'maters. Sliced thin, just enough mayo on white bread to keep the 'mater from making the bread soggy, little bit of salt & pepper.
make sure thats dukes mayonaise, that's the best........i'm beginning to think we might be able to convert you yet.................:banana

TOW
06-02-2007, 16:27
Dadgumit, he has connections down at the First Self-Righteous Church.
:-?:sunI'll call the clan and tell 'em he's an evil doer sympathizer.
and i'll ad to that he's a nose picker and booger eater too..............that'll stir the pot!

TOW
06-02-2007, 16:31
Note: FD would not be caught dead in tie-dyed overalls.

Second note: If you were a true southerner, you would know that inhaling chitlins in the manner you describe would likely be fatal. Even though we are fueding, I couldn't live with myself if'un I didn't warn you of the danger.
can i preach at his funeral? man, will i have a whopper to tell of him............

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-03-2007, 15:48
Ok, TOW, but remember the no cussin' at funerals and no speaking ill of the dead. Even a 'bless his heart' would be wrong under the circumstances.

Two Speed
06-03-2007, 17:51
: : : Two Speed checks channel, laughs softly to himself, thinking "there may be a funeral or two, but ain't no telling whose." He also wonders where in creation Gray Blazer is. Ol' boy just might miss out on some real fun. Two Speed then returns to his experiments with dehydrated chittlins. : : :

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-03-2007, 18:07
::: Dino shreaks in horror at thought of dyhydrated chiltlins. Calls Dept of Homeland Security to report 2-Speed's evil plan :::

Gray Blazer
06-04-2007, 10:20
I'm in my secret underground bunker. Two Speed, you're in charge. Now take Dino hunting like we planned.:D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-04-2007, 14:04
Dinos are too smart to go hunting with the likes of Two (Cheney) Speed.

TOW
06-04-2007, 14:12
Ok, TOW, but remember the no cussin' at funerals and no speaking ill of the dead. Even a 'bless his heart' would be wrong under the circumstances.
This is gonna be hard sister..........You mean I can't he was a no good %#^*+)(@!? Nor this (_0_)?

TOW
06-04-2007, 14:14
Dinos are too smart to go hunting with the likes of Two (Cheney) Speed.
Bray Blazer is Bush-ing ya, watch out!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-04-2007, 14:18
This is gonna be hard sister..........You mean I can't he was a no good %#^*+)(@!? Nor this (_0_)?TOW, not you can say those things, allude to an unnaturally close relationship to his moma, that his moma's name was Fido or that his pappy was a traveling man. I know this is somewhat limiting, but our southern decorum must be maintained.

Two Speed
06-04-2007, 14:57
Dinos are too smart to go hunting with the likes of Two (Cheney) Speed.Seeing as a 28 gauge didn't work on an attorney, Two Speed is way too smart to go hunting dino's with one. Kinda like bringing a knife to gun fight.

Two Speed
06-04-2007, 14:58
This is gonna be hard sister..........You mean I can't he was a no good %#^*+)(@!? Nor this (_0_)?You're a fine one to talk. Ain't you the guy who ruined our poor, sweet innocent Wonder?

TOW
06-04-2007, 15:07
TOW, not you can say those things, allude to an unnaturally close relationship to his moma, that his moma's name was Fido or that his pappy was a traveling man. I know this is somewhat limiting, but our southern decorum must be maintained.
dag blang it! that was gonna be the best part of the preachin' too! just one time i would like to be able to tell it like it is at one of these non-converted's funeral. you see 1/2 speed, whoops i meant 2 speed you ain't the only one that is going to get laid at rest, where do you think your mammies mammmy is? think about it boy, youins better start samplin them chitlins...........

TOW
06-04-2007, 15:08
Seeing as a 28 gauge didn't work on an attorney, Two Speed is way too smart to go hunting dino's with one. Kinda like bringing a knife to gun fight.
you better watch out for her tail too, besides it's mighty fine...............

TOW
06-04-2007, 15:09
You're a fine one to talk. Ain't you the guy who ruined our poor, sweet innocent Wonder?
and then some, i loves to ruin yanks, hairnt!

Uncle Silly
06-04-2007, 22:34
Ain't you the guy who ruined our poor, sweet innocent Wonder?

Are we talking about the same Wonder? You do mean the one from Philly, right?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-05-2007, 06:00
The artist formerly known as Wonder is now Wahndur and she wearing tie dyed overalls with an "I love Earnhardt' pin. There is a Skoal tin in her pocket (a fashion item only unless she snuck some wacky-tabacky into it) and she's wearing pigtails fulltime now. She has hadn't had her shoes on in weeks.

Two Speed
06-05-2007, 06:03
Are we talking about the same Wonder? You do mean the one from Philly, right?Why, yes I am. FWIW Wonder told me I'd better call her sweet and innocent or she'd kick my butt.

I do believe she has the makings of a true good ol' gal if we can just get her out of the clutches of those brain-washing, snake handling tie-dyed overall wearing cultists the poor thing has fallen in with.

Two Speed
06-05-2007, 06:06
The artist formerly known as Wonder is now Wahndur . . . Oh man, she's sinking fast. There may be no hope for poor, sweet innocent Wahndur.

The bare foot thing is pretty cool, though. Does she have hairy toes like a hobbit?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-05-2007, 06:15
They weren't hairy last time I bit them......

TOW
06-05-2007, 08:17
Why, yes I am. FWIW Wonder told me I'd better call her sweet and innocent or she'd kick my butt.

I do believe she has the makings of a true good ol' gal if we can just get her out of the clutches of those brain-washing, snake handling tie-dyed overall wearing cultists the poor thing has fallen in with.
you and your buddy bray glazer is next pal.....by the time dino and i are done with you two you'll be full fledged Holiness converts! and hog gut eating ones to boot.............yeehaw!

sssssssssseeeeewwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! here hawg, here hawg!

can you hear the love in the way i hollar hawg?

Gray Blazer
06-05-2007, 11:08
Today is my last day of posting for a while. It's my last day of work and I don't have computer access at home. Two Speed, take over for me. I am hoping to get up to Damascus and meet Larry this summer. Bro, I love you. Keep your chin up. I guess I'll just show up at Dot's and find out where you all live. I feel inadequate as a real southerner since I don't have any idea (no eye deer?) what Larry and Ms. D are talking about. I may try some of your delicacies, but no mountain oysters for me (I saw Apocalypto).

TOW
06-05-2007, 13:02
I may try some of your delicacies, but no mountain oysters for me (I saw Apocalypto).
Blazin Grey you don't know what your messing................I hope to see you soon........

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-05-2007, 13:16
::: Dino makes evil plan to kidnap Gray Blazer while he is off-line (so no one will notice) I will return him in a Nascar T-shirt, with chaw in his jaw and singing 'Sweet Home Alabama" :::

TOW
06-05-2007, 13:19
::: Dino makes evil plan to kidnap Gray Blazer while he is off-line (so no one will notice) I will return him in a Nascar T-shirt, with chaw in his jaw and singing 'Sweet Home Alabama" :::
can you throw whistlin' dixie in there too?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-05-2007, 13:27
I don't know - it's mighty hard to teach a Yankee to whistle.

Nightwalker
06-05-2007, 14:03
The artist formerly known as Wonder is now Wahndur and she wearing tie dyed overalls with an "I love Earnhardt' pin. There is a Skoal tin in her pocket (a fashion item only unless she snuck some wacky-tabacky into it) and she's wearing pigtails fulltime now. She has hadn't had her shoes on in weeks.

I was already real fond of her. I might be in love now. T'was the pigtails and barefoot that done it, IMO.

Nightwalker
06-05-2007, 14:04
Why, yes I am. FWIW Wonder told me I'd better call her sweet and innocent or she'd kick my butt.

Just so you know, them snakes all get milked first. We ain't crazy as all that, ya know!

Dances with Mice
06-05-2007, 14:18
Just so you know, them snakes all get milked first. Y'all milk snakes? But how do you tell the he-snakes from the she-snakes?

Never mind. Forget I asked. I really don't want to know.

leeki pole
06-05-2007, 14:36
Y'all milk snakes? But how do you tell the he-snakes from the she-snakes?

The he-snakes like beer. The she-snakes like wine. Easy.:D

TOW
06-05-2007, 15:00
:D
hahaha.............

Dances with Mice
06-05-2007, 15:03
Besides, if you try to milk a he-snake he's going to bite you really hard.

Or he should.

Uncle Silly
06-05-2007, 16:14

It don't matter. Milkin' snakes has to do with the venom, and all of 'em, he-snakes and she-snakes alike, gots venom. If'n they ain't some prissy non-venomous species, that is.

Dances with Mice
06-05-2007, 18:06
It don't matter. Milkin' snakes has to do with the venom, and all of 'em, he-snakes and she-snakes alike, gots venom. So he-snakes and she-snakes have the same amount of venom?

That's not like people at all, is it?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-05-2007, 18:51
::: Venomous female dino bites DWM on the toe :::

peanuts
06-06-2007, 08:42
and dwm, goessssss down!:D:D

Nightwalker
06-06-2007, 08:44

Gee, you guys are supposed to be superior in everything. Certainly you'll actually admit to being more venomous, maybe poisonous as well. :)

TOW
06-06-2007, 08:47
I was already real fond of her. I might be in love now. T'was the pigtails and barefoot that done it, IMO.
Dag blang it Frank you fall in love with every convert we ever converted. How many gals from the north do you have in your household now?

TOW
06-06-2007, 08:49

Do you think we would give away our trade secrets anyway?

TOW
06-06-2007, 08:51
dang it! you do know that libby got 2 1/2 years just for that sort of behavior..........i heard they are going to put him in the same cell as my inbred cousin bubba is in.................:eek:

TOW
06-06-2007, 08:53
lemme smash 'em for ya first sister.........................:dance

Nightwalker
06-06-2007, 09:01
Dag blang it Frank you fall in love with every convert we ever converted. How many gals from the north do you have in your household now?

Actually, she's from way down South. Miami, P.R. and Cuba.

Nightwalker
06-06-2007, 09:04

Response #2: I can't help it if they love me. Who am I to fight nature and wild animal attractivity, and the fact that the hiker kittens like the middle-aged teddy-bear type. HAH!

TOW
06-06-2007, 09:07
Response #2: I can't help it if they love me. Who am I to fight nature and wild animal attractivity, and the fact that the hiker kittens like the middle-aged teddy-bear type. HAH!
Your an old hound dog Frank, I don't see what they see in you. Of course I ain't built like them anyway. And God created them with a mind of their own too........When I get to heaven I'm going to see if He will let me have the controls, I'll change them yankee ladies thinking real fast.............

Dances with Mice
06-07-2007, 13:58
http://www.wsoctv.com/mlb/13222064/detail.html

Royals To Get A Taste Of Angels' Colon

(Sports Network) - Bartolo Colon attempts to win his third consecutive start off the disabled list tonight for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, who will be aiming to continue their recent dominance of the Kansas City Royals.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-07-2007, 15:25
::: Bites DWM on the toes for that visual :::

leeki pole
06-07-2007, 15:34

(Sports Network) - Bartolo Colon attempts to win his third consecutive start off the disabled list tonight for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, who will be aiming to continue their recent dominance of the Kansas City Royals.
hahaha..very creative, dwm:)

mweinstone
06-07-2007, 21:31
you have no idea how guilty i am for not being more apart of this important thread. it is with grave horror that i splay my soul before you in repentence. i ask to be allowed in to the inner circle of this thread please. i have no idea what its morphed into in my absence. and with my attention span having been road killed years ago as a pup, i fear ill have to take over and offer a new direction. we will disscuss hillbilly yard sale issues i think. yes. that will be our new direction. on a lighter note, i just added unlimited web to my phone and im downloading funny or unfunny trail vids of twenty secs each to this thread soon. i will dilute the subject matter of this thread by adding one quarter cup of finely chopped matthewskis. then i will whip yall,.. as my friend and cohost is known,...into a frenzy. yes. its settled. this thread needs a stir. ill be back in a few. hold your seats.
thats right, his full name is yall larry the only wanderer. yall.

Jester2000
06-07-2007, 21:52
I don't know that you have a license to y'all.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-07-2007, 22:20
It got into the 90's for the first time today so I took Wahndur swimming in the little river and then we picked a mess of poke and collards for dinner. She is coming along nicely - she has only asked for her shoes back once today and she was seen eying a handsome lad with a farmers tan while swimming.

Dances with Mice
06-07-2007, 22:43
See what you've gone and done now, FD? You let one Yankee in and pretty soon the neighborhood's all full of 'em.

Uncle Silly
06-08-2007, 03:11
it's full of something, alright...

Two Speed
06-08-2007, 05:54
See what you've gone and done now, FD? You let one Yankee in and pretty soon the neighborhood's all full of 'em.Wouldn't be so bad if they weren't brain-washing, snake handling tie-dyed overall wearing cultists. Dang nearly annoying as those bed sheet wearing dancing freaks at the airport.

You know what I'm talking about. The look alot like this:

:banana :banana :banana :banana

Now that I think about it, the brain-washing, snake handling tie-dyed overall wearing cult look alot like that, too. . . Ya know, I think I just figured out why we don't see the bed sheet wearing dancing freaks at the airport as much as we used to.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-08-2007, 07:20
::: Bites 2-speed on toes for comparing the residents of God's country to those people :D :::

Dances with Mice
06-08-2007, 08:25
Remember what happened with General Sherman's troops in Atlanta?

Joe Johnston gave those Yankee fellers a tour of Kennesaw Mountain then invited them to a barbecue downtown and before you know it the whole place was a mess.

TOW
06-08-2007, 10:05

well, that's how they serve chitlins out there, that's why half the state is in insane asylums.........now we'uns know how to serve them the right way and with the proper spice............;)

TOW
06-08-2007, 10:07
thats right, his full name is yall larry the only wanderer. yall.
that be me by the way, in case you slower ones here didn't know........

TOW
06-08-2007, 10:09
I don't know that you have a license to y'all.
he does because i properly instructed him on how to correctly pronounce it, that is after much whacking with my right handed leki walking stick.........whoops, i meant my hog whacker!

TOW
06-08-2007, 10:15
It got into the 90's for the first time today so I took Wahndur swimming in the little river and then we picked a mess of poke and collards for dinner. She is coming along nicely - she has only asked for her shoes back once today and she was seen eying a handsome lad with a farmers tan while swimming.
listen sister, don't you think you can gently persuade her to have eyes for me? i got an idea, start showing her pics of our fat inbred cousins like ralphy and lester, then show her a pic of my in my sunday school suit and after she looks at them and see just how darn ugly they are and notices how good looking i am then she'll just fall head over heals for me!

yeah, that'll work!~ sorry uncle silly, you'll just have to move aside until ole wanderer here teaches her the proper southern way of cooking up a mess of chitlins for her ole man. then after she has gotten that thru her head.....it'll cost ya bro.

Lone Wolf
06-08-2007, 10:17
what do you know about southern cooking or anything southern for that matter? you're from kansas.

TOW
06-08-2007, 10:17
::: Bites 2-speed on toes for comparing the residents of God's country to those people :D :::
after dino has done her chewing, wanderer smashes his toes to kingdom come!

TOW
06-08-2007, 10:19
what do you know about southern cooking or anything southern for that matter? you're from kansas.
do i need to remind you once again my soon to be yankee convert that the riddle clan originates from the wilkesborro, north carolina country? we tar heals, or is that heels? doesn't matter, that's what we is!

TOW
06-08-2007, 10:20
we just moved out to kansas to escape the british...........

Lone Wolf
06-08-2007, 10:25
where were you born

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-08-2007, 10:27
listen sister, don't you think you can gently persuade her to have eyes for me? i got an idea, start showing her pics of our fat inbred cousins like ralphy and lester, then show her a pic of my in my sunday school suit and after she looks at them and see just how darn ugly they are and notices how good looking i am then she'll just fall head over heals for me!

yeah, that'll work!~ sorry uncle silly, you'll just have to move aside until ole wanderer here teaches her the proper southern way of cooking up a mess of chitlins for her ole man. then after she has gotten that thru her head.....it'll cost ya bro.TOW, I'll try but you know we have lots of handsome lads in these here parts. I can't be takin' Wahndur around blindfolded as I'm busy baptizing her in southern culture. Please warn me when the chitlin cooking lessons begin. I will be scarcer than hen's teeth. :D

TOW
06-08-2007, 11:39
where were you born
that's a trade secret, but i'll tell you my pappy was born in a bath tub in a flood.................i wasn't born in kansas that's for sure, close though......

Lone Wolf
06-08-2007, 11:41
that's a trade secret, but i'll tell you my pappy was born in a bath tub in a flood.................i wasn't born in kansas that's for sure, close though......

then you ain't southern

TOW
06-08-2007, 11:43
Dang Lone Wolf, that hurt! Quit smacking me, I'll tell ya where I was born!

Ft. Leonardwood, Missouri! And Army raised!

Dang, you Marines are tough! But I think the Army could kick your fanny's anyday!

Hey Sgt. Rock, you around? Want to make some money?

TOW
06-08-2007, 11:46
Oh yes I am very southern. Even though I was raised Army and traveled the world a bit, I come from a clan of Confederates! Plus, most of daddy's state side duties were in places like Ft. Polk, La!

I know who I am..............

Lone Wolf
06-08-2007, 11:48
you ain't southern. you're a southen sniffer. wannabe

TOW
06-08-2007, 11:53
Well let me say this, this thread wasn't about being southern in the first place. This thread was about being a hillbilly, and it don't matter what neck of the woods you are from, there is hillbilly's all over the world.

I may not be "Southern" in your books, but to be truthful since being a "Wannabe" that makes it so enough for me.

And another truth, I don't give a flying cow patty!

Dances with Mice
06-08-2007, 12:54
I don't give a flying cow patty!Well you shouldn't. Flying cow patties are hard to come by. Keep every one you got.

Nightwalker
06-08-2007, 13:30
you ain't southern. you're a southen sniffer. wannabe

You need a beer or seven.

Lone Wolf
06-08-2007, 13:32
You need a beer or seven.

why so? facts are facts. missori ain't a southern state. maybe you need a loonie pill

Nightwalker
06-08-2007, 13:51
why so? facts are facts. missori ain't a southern state. maybe you need a loonie pill

Whatever, tinkerbell.

You sure need something. You're being even more grouchy than usual today. You havin' Baltimore Jack withdrawals already? :sun

Lone Wolf
06-08-2007, 13:52
Whatever, tinkerbell.

You sure need something. You're being even more grouchy than usual today. You havin' Baltimore Jack withdrawals already? :sun

you need to find a sense of humor cupcake

Nightwalker
06-08-2007, 13:53

I thought you'd like that one. Especially the BJ withdrawals crack.

TOW
06-08-2007, 16:32
I thiught it was pretty funny!:D

TOW
06-08-2007, 16:33
alright i'm a wannabe, so the heck what..........what kinda wannabe are you Lone Wolf.............

TOW
06-08-2007, 16:36
I know, I know what you wannabe.......you wannabe known as a grouchy old fart and the only thing is you just can't, no matter how hard you try, you just can't do it because you got a heart as big as the grand canyon...

take that you ole grouchy wannabe fart!

TOW
06-08-2007, 16:55
Hey Dino and the rest of you lets keep this hillbilly thing going, this is fun.........

Two Speed
06-08-2007, 18:11
::: Bites 2-speed on toes for comparing the residents of God's country to those people :D :::No, no, I'm not comparing you to those people. I'm saying you ARE those people!

mweinstone
06-08-2007, 18:12
is mr hill billy related to mr bill ville in any way?

smokymtnsteve
06-08-2007, 18:39
actually yore traditional SOUTHERN HIGHLANDER hillbilly weren't no confederate,,,we wuz UNION supporters,,,

so bite my toe ,,real southern highlanders is ALMOST yankees,

mweinstone
06-08-2007, 18:45
im ashamed of my north. we suck. our air sucks. our roads suck. our people suck. our food sucks. our trails suck. our pace sucks. our leaders suck. our rules suck. our slums suck. our sucks suck........

Lone Wolf
06-08-2007, 21:39
....what kinda wannabe are you Lone Wolf.............

i wanted to be a navy squid but they said i was all man so i'm a Marine till i die:cool:

Nightwalker
06-08-2007, 23:13
what kinda wannabe are you Lone Wolf.

He just wannabe luvved. It even happens every now and then...

Lugnut
06-08-2007, 23:35
alright i'm a wannabe, so the heck what..........what kinda wannabe are you Lone Wolf.............

Isn't he from RI? :p

Wanderingson
06-09-2007, 04:10
im ashamed of my north. we suck. our air sucks. our roads suck. our people suck. our food sucks. our trails suck. our pace sucks. our leaders suck. our rules suck. our slums suck. our sucks suck........

What about your shelters?

Lone Wolf
06-09-2007, 06:43

yes i am. i never claimed i was a southerner. i'm a proud "swamp yankee". i was born in South County, R.I.
www.curbstone.org/index.cfm?webpage=80

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-09-2007, 08:00
No, no, I'm not comparing you to those people. I'm saying you ARE those people!:::: Bites 2-Speed on fingers, toes and nose - then whips him soundly with tail - and then finishes job by sitting rotund rump on on him ::::

Fellars, see what I just did to 2-speed for sassin' me. Y'all best stop this fussin' about who is and ain't southern aforeun I give y'all sumpthin' to fuss about. Being southern is a state o' mind - not a birthplace. Some southerners are born elsewhere but have the good sense to migrate to the homeland -- LW for example. Some Yankees are mistakenly birthed in God's country and we have to get out the tar and feathers to run the carpet-baggers off.

Lugnut
06-09-2007, 08:42
yes i am. i never claimed i was a southerner. i'm a proud "swamp yankee". i was born in South County, R.I.
www.curbstone.org/index.cfm?webpage=80

Interesting article.

Two Speed
06-09-2007, 09:37
:::: Bites 2-Speed on fingers, toes and nose - then whips him soundly with tail - and then finishes job by sitting rotund rump on on him ::::Uhh, that was Wonder you just flattened. Evidently Dino vision suffers as the years go on. You Moonies get right fractious when yer identity is revealed, dontcha?

TOW
06-09-2007, 12:26
is mr hill billy related to mr bill ville in any way?
pretty close neck to neck...............

TOW
06-09-2007, 12:27
actually yore traditional SOUTHERN HIGHLANDER hillbilly weren't no confederate,,,we wuz UNION supporters,,,

so bite my toe ,,real southern highlanders is ALMOST yankees,
oh my, the truth is about to come out! dino, get in here and start biting toes!

TOW
06-09-2007, 12:28
man, what a bunch of suckers:p

TOW
06-09-2007, 12:30
i wanted to be a navy squid but they said i was all man so i'm a Marine till i die:cool:
sorry pal, your gonna have to come up with one better than that.....keep digging...........

TOW
06-09-2007, 12:31
He just wannabe luvved. It even happens every now and then...

That's it! Let's start "The Hiker Known As Lone Wolf Wannabe Luvved Club."

TOW
06-09-2007, 12:32
I thinks it New Jersy? Can't remember...............:confused:

TOW
06-09-2007, 12:35
Looking at a map of the United States and seeing where the Mason Dixon line lays and considering everything south of that line to be southern, then I am pure southern, born and bred!

What else is there to argue about Lone Wolf?

Lone Wolf
06-09-2007, 12:45
I thinks it New Jersy? Can't remember...............:confused:

that's a f cking insult. i'm from r. i.

TOW
06-09-2007, 15:30
that's a f cking insult. i'm from r. i.
now them poor people from new jersy don't feel that way...........okay, okay you made your point, you want to be a swamp yankee go ahead.........

Heater
06-09-2007, 16:30
now them poor people from new jersy don't feel that way...........okay, okay you made your point, you want to be a swamp yankee go ahead.........

SWAMP...

Hey, You ever talk to bullfrogs in the middle of the night?

TOW
06-10-2007, 08:46
:::: Bites 2-Speed on fingers, toes and nose - then whips him soundly with tail - and then finishes job by sitting rotund rump on on him ::::

Fellars, see what I just did to 2-speed for sassin' me. Y'all best stop this fussin' about who is and ain't southern aforeun I give y'all sumpthin' to fuss about. Being southern is a state o' mind - not a birthplace. Some southerners are born elsewhere but have the good sense to migrate to the homeland -- LW for example. Some Yankees are mistakenly birthed in God's country and we have to get out the tar and feathers to run the carpet-baggers off.
You saying sense Lone Wolf is a Swamp Yankee he just might be a Southern? Dino, please don't confuse the man anymore than he is. Let him believe what he believes. After all I hear tell that Hollywood is coming out with a movie called "The World According To A Swamp Yankee Called Lone Wolf."

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-10-2007, 09:22
The only thing Yankee about LW is the place of birth on his birth certificate. Anybody who knows him knows this.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-10-2007, 09:25
The dino was absent yesterday because she was out exposing Wahndur to some of the finer things about southern life - catfishin', cleaning fish and frying fish on an open campfire. We also got an impromptu lesson in evading game wardens.

Nightwalker
06-10-2007, 14:50

I heard that it was you were too dumb to be in the Navy. Guess all those rumors were wrong. :D

TOW
06-11-2007, 09:38
The only thing Yankee about LW is the place of birth on his birth certificate. Anybody who knows him knows this.
That's the trip of this whole scene with him though. Everyone else can see that he is 100% southern redneck but he can't see it.............:D

TOW
06-11-2007, 09:39
The dino was absent yesterday because she was out exposing Wahndur to some of the finer things about southern life - catfishin', cleaning fish and frying fish on an open campfire. We also got an impromptu lesson in evading game wardens.
atta girl!

TOW
06-11-2007, 09:41
I heard that it was you were too dumb to be in the Navy. Guess all those rumors were wrong. :D
I was in the Navy and my dad told me before I joined that I was too smart to be in the Navy. Where does that leave me. Sure pissed him off.............

leeki pole
06-11-2007, 10:15
Ahhh.. the blackberries are getting ripe, i was also absent picking a couple of quarts for cobbler and for my better half's cereal this morning..life's good:sun

TOW
06-11-2007, 12:59
maybe i be picking blackberries very soon.......................

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-11-2007, 13:48
Dear Southern Gents:

Please send blackberries this way. The last frost seems to have gotten most of berries here and I must teach Wahndur the fine art of making blackberry jam and cobbler.

Love,
She-Dino

smokymtnsteve
06-11-2007, 15:42
we no got any blackberries up hern in AK..but wes do have a bunch of raspberries rite outside the cabin door. but theys just startin to bloom,

wes got plenty of blueberries, theys ripe in july -aug, (you gotta fight the bears off for'em)

also salmonberries,,,I don't like'em too much ..kinda watery

also wein got some ligonberry, better known as low-bush cranberry, they want be ripe until aug-sept.

the wild roses are everywhar,,the rose hips are big and juicy and will be ripe in aug,,,theys real good to candy or make sir-rup for yore sourdough pancakes

but no blackberries,

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-11-2007, 17:44
Send raspberries when they come in :D

mweinstone
06-11-2007, 18:24
berymilk of any color is the necter of gods. its the milk after berries. after cereal. its not made from bannanas. apples cant do it. only berrys can make berrymilk. and do you want to know what berries make the best berrymilk? ill tell you. its ,...mulberrys and their trademark berrymilk color: peptobismalmilk. mmmmmmmmm,......pepto colored berrymilk with sugar......................mmmmmmmmmmmmm! after that its strawberrymilk and blueberrymilk and rasberrymilk and hukkelberrymilk and thats all i have to say about that.(forrest gump)

shrimp on a stick....shrimp cocktail....shrimp in a basket.....shrimp scalopeen......butterfly shrimp,,,shrim and tomatoe sandwitch....shrimp dacaries...shrimp and steak..........(bubba)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-11-2007, 18:42
Crawdad on a stick -- must expose Wahndur to this delicacy soon