PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Tacoma and Trailer Stolen at Damascus

SawnieRobertson
05-14-2007, 13:32
Brona and Thomas, who have been section hiking with their service goats, left their pickup and camping trailer in the Damascus parking lot where the police told them they would be safe. They left the vehicles there last week while they hiked to Damascus from Groseclose.

They were told that there is a ring operating in the area and that Tacomas are especially being targeted.

They had no replacement insurance for either vehicle, and they were hiking at this time because both had been laid off. Brona had left all their cash for their hikes stashed away in the trailer. Also lost was all of their camping equipment, etc., except for what was on the goats' backs.

Ironically, their SUV and the goats' little trailer, which were left at Elk Garden, were not touched.--Kinnickinic

Bilko
05-14-2007, 13:43
This is very sad news. When you really want to trust your fellow man or woman, something like this occurs. It puts a damper on everything that is good and honest. We would like to think we can trust others but that is a foolish notion. I hope that the police can track these bandits down. In the mean time, trust only yourself.

mweinstone
05-14-2007, 13:50
i will lead a prayer if thats legal. dear god, return these cars. in jesus name. thank you buddy. i owe you. ill do extra deeds and fast today. i know that wont do it. but you have my deposit of faith and ill continue to make payments more timey for now on. thanx again, you son #4579384793487539485739485739485793847593847 matthewski.

on a lighter note,...i remote veiwed these carless friends of ours and saw them in a new white van. so all is not bad. the feeling of being violated will pass. and replaceing it will be a forgivness followed by a pride. that you have forgiveness is honerable and a thing for your friends to be proud of.that you are living this sucks,..but has its silver liner. only for the good minded. mind your thaughts. dont curse them day and night. try just days . nights are for sleeping. if you give the criminals your sleep. you pay twice. i will keep you in mind in my,"keep these folks in mind" drawer. leets just say,..they borrowed the vehical and only stole the cash and goods. cause i think a white van means your gettin yours back. trust me, i dont know what im talking about and im makeing this up as i go but it will work out. as i predict here in this story. or something close. well. maby slightly not close. but good enough. and i will arrange it all for later today so you dont even have to sleep on it. i want the next post to be,"found!!!!!" xoxoxoxoxoxmat

mweinstone
05-14-2007, 14:01
you speak the truth bilco but its the truth for wartime behavior. and this is indeed a spiritual war on but to act as you would is to fuel this battle. i say, denie this small battle to regroupe and tripple up on your victorys next battle, and win the war. i know it is a strategic call and both our methods have acheived victory in the past but this ones a loosing battle. ya cant curse enimys only love em to death. if we pray a positive light on them theres more chance good will come than if we curse them. trust the world. leave your valubles out. for in doing so, we are richer than our possesions. freedom is what we belive in. be free. dont act it. and when your car gets stolen,...act. dont react. trust god or die. all my hopes for these theives to simply run out of gas and flag a cop. then its the pick up and the prosicution. its what im gonna dwell on. not trust issues.

respectfully and thankfully, mat.

Phreak
05-14-2007, 14:23
Sad news indeed.

you speak the truth bilco but its the truth for wartime behavior. and this is indeed a spiritual war on but to act as you would is to fuel this battle. i say, denie this small battle to regroupe and tripple up on your victorys next battle, and win the war. i know it is a strategic call and both our methods have acheived victory in the past but this ones a loosing battle. ya cant curse enimys only love em to death. if we pray a positive light on them theres more chance good will come than if we curse them. trust the world. leave your valubles out. for in doing so, we are richer than our possesions. freedom is what we belive in. be free. dont act it. and when your car gets stolen,...act. dont react. trust god or die. all my hopes for these theives to simply run out of gas and flag a cop. then its the pick up and the prosicution. its what im gonna dwell on. not trust issues.

What a crock. :rolleyes:

FanaticFringer
05-14-2007, 15:58

Find these thieves and put em in a wood chipper. Feet first. Slow speed. Hooked up to an IV. :eek:

Pacific Tortuga
05-14-2007, 17:08
I saw them last night at Dave's Place taking a shower. They never said a word about it. They are now driving a Mercury SUV with their personal name plates on it. I do hope all is well and the service goats are safe.

Skidsteer
05-14-2007, 17:26
I saw them last night at Dave's Place taking a shower. They never said a word about it. They are now driving a Mercury SUV with their personal name plates on it. I do hope all is well and the service goats are safe.

Well?

Is it a white SUV?

jesse
05-14-2007, 17:35
I heard about them on another thread. I was curious , does anyone know under what conditions service goats are allowed on the trail?
I hope they catch the crooks, and get their stuff back.

generoll
05-14-2007, 18:27
Sorry about the theft, but can someone fill me in. What's a "service goat"?

RedneckRye
05-14-2007, 18:35
Unless all of their cash was in loose change, why weren't they carrying it with them?

StarLyte
05-14-2007, 18:50
Well?

Is it a white SUV?

DARN RIGHT Skids....I wanna know too.

This is just horrible news. I hate to hear of this.

Dances with Mice
05-14-2007, 20:01
What's a "service goat"?Is it a seeing eye goat?

Nightwalker
05-14-2007, 20:34
Sorry about the theft, but can someone fill me in. What's a "service goat"?

It's a goat used to knock slow, or cell-phone using, hikkers out of a faster hikker's way while on the trale. Vewwy ewesful

SawnieRobertson
05-14-2007, 20:42
Brona has a physical problem that precludes her being able to do the trail without help. She is disabled. The goats have been trained and certified for what they do. They have all the documentation and have been cleared for travel on the AT just as though the goats were seeing eye dogs or dogs for the deaf. The SUV is their other vehicle. They were using it to pull the trailer with the goats. The stolen vehicle and trailer were how they would have a place to stay when not on trail. The SUV and the little goat trailer had been left at Elk Garden while they walked from Dickeys Gap to Elk Garden. No problem there. Yes, the plates on the SUV say ELVEN.--Kinnickinic

Nightwalker
05-14-2007, 20:45
Brona has a physical problem that precludes her being able to do the trail without help. She is disabled. The goats have been trained and certified for what they do. They have all the documentation and have been cleared for travel on the AT just as though the goats were seeing eye dogs or dogs for the deaf. The SUV is their other vehicle. They were using it to pull the trailer with the goats. The stolen vehicle and trailer were how they would have a place to stay when not on trail. The SUV and the little goat trailer had been left at Elk Garden while they walked from Dickeys Gap to Elk Garden. No problem there. Yes, the plates on the SUV say ELVEN.--Kinnickinic

I'm really sorry about what happened to your friends. You gotta admit, however, that trail assistance goats are a topic difficult not to joke about!

:)

aaroniguana
05-14-2007, 21:15
It's a goat used to knock slow, or cell-phone using, hikkers out of a faster hikker's way while on the trale. Vewwy ewesful

That was very baaa-aaa-aaad.

If the Tacoma wasn't recovered in 24 hours it's likely been chopped already. And no, I don't know that from Starsky and Hutch reruns. I've been in South Baltimore for 15 years. That's just how it works.

Nightwalker
05-14-2007, 22:29
That was very baaa-aaa-aaad.

Thanks. Glad ewe noticed. :)

take-a-knee
05-14-2007, 23:06
It'll be a miracle if that Tacoma is found intact, they are highly desirable vehicles, parts are in high demand. Many wrecked vehicles are bought by body guys to fix and sell. They are hard to find in a wrecking/salvage yard.

Vi+
05-20-2007, 16:04
British army medical briefing, circa 1943:

“Don’t forget: A woman for children, a boy for pleasure, but for real ecstasy, a goat.”

I, too, want a goat "trained and certified for what they do."

Sorry, I just couldn’t help myself.

Sorry.

Chache
05-20-2007, 16:43
i will lead a prayer if thats legal. dear god, return these cars. in jesus name. thank you buddy. i owe you. ill do extra deeds and fast today. i know that wont do it. but you have my deposit of faith and ill continue to make payments more timey for now on. thanx again, you son #4579384793487539485739485739485793847593847 matthewski.

on a lighter note,...i remote veiwed these carless friends of ours and saw them in a new white van. so all is not bad. the feeling of being violated will pass. and replaceing it will be a forgivness followed by a pride. that you have forgiveness is honerable and a thing for your friends to be proud of.that you are living this sucks,..but has its silver liner. only for the good minded. mind your thaughts. dont curse them day and night. try just days . nights are for sleeping. if you give the criminals your sleep. you pay twice. i will keep you in mind in my,"keep these folks in mind" drawer. leets just say,..they borrowed the vehical and only stole the cash and goods. cause i think a white van means your gettin yours back. trust me, i dont know what im talking about and im makeing this up as i go but it will work out. as i predict here in this story. or something close. well. maby slightly not close. but good enough. and i will arrange it all for later today so you dont even have to sleep on it. i want the next post to be,"found!!!!!" xoxoxoxoxoxmat
You really should stop at two tokes on that stuff

Local
05-22-2007, 12:56
This entire region of Appalachia has been targeted by car thieves. They are primarily looking for Toyota extended-bed trucks parked at trailheads or in other places such as our bike parking area.

There is never any evidence of breaking into the truck. The suspicion is that the crooks have connections with someone in a Toyota garage, and call in the vin number, then make a key to fit the vehicle.

Lone Wolf
05-22-2007, 13:05
This entire region of Appalachia has been targeted by car thieves. They are primarily looking for Toyota extended-bed trucks parked at trailheads or in other places such as our bike parking area.

There is never any evidence of breaking into the truck. The suspicion is that the crooks have connections with someone in a Toyota garage, and call in the vin number, then make a key to fit the vehicle.

if i was a LEO, i'd drive in on a saturday with a decoy vehicle and family and stake it out. i volunteer.

Creek Dancer
05-22-2007, 13:11
Evidently, the thieves are also looking for other SUV's. Last week my friend Janet had her Trail Blazer stolen from Rt. 603. :mad: The investigating officer suspected that they used a flat bed truck to haul it away.

Vi+
05-22-2007, 13:59
Local advises (Post #22), “The suspicion is that the crooks have connections with someone in a Toyota garage, and call in the vin number, then make a key to fit the vehicle.”

It’s not at all difficult to enter a vehicle, especially if you don’t mind some very minor and not visible internal damage. It’s also not difficult to start a vehicle’s engine without damage, or with little damage when time is limited. It does take some time, effort, and damage to override a locking steering wheel, but it’s definitely doable, for salvaged parts.

I doubt the logistics of reading the Vehicle Identification Number, calling it in to have a key made, then driving to the maker and back is worthwhile.

You know, as I write this, it occurs to me that having the VIN key codes, a key maker, and some key blanks with you when you find the vehicle you’re looking for would be really efficient and not at all inconvenient.

Local
05-22-2007, 17:49
Local advises (Post #22), “The suspicion is that the crooks have connections with someone in a Toyota garage, and call in the vin number, then make a key to fit the vehicle.”

It’s not at all difficult to enter a vehicle, especially if you don’t mind some very minor and not visible internal damage. It’s also not difficult to start a vehicle’s engine without damage, or with little damage when time is limited. It does take some time, effort, and damage to override a locking steering wheel, but it’s definitely doable, for salvaged parts.

I doubt the logistics of reading the Vehicle Identification Number, calling it in to have a key made, then driving to the maker and back is worthwhile.

You know, as I write this, it occurs to me that having the VIN key codes, a key maker, and some key blanks with you when you find the vehicle you’re looking for would be really efficient and not at all inconvenient.

The police suspect that the key machine is located in a van (owned by the thieves) parked next to the vehicle to be stolen. They also suspect the perpetrators blend in with the crowd by looking like bike riders or hikers.

This of course is not rock-solid information, and many other variables come into play. But it is known that they moved quickly and leave no evidence.

TOW
05-22-2007, 18:15
if i was a LEO, i'd drive in on a saturday with a decoy vehicle and family and stake it out. i volunteer.
I'm in on it too, lets do it!