PDA

View Full Version : Good tent for myself and dog?

Stobl
05-14-2007, 20:49
Hey Everyone,

Quick question. The puppy's finally big enough (7 months) that I can start taking her on short trips and overnighters, and since the weather's finally staying nice here in SW Virginia, i figure I might as well start. I've been taking her on decent day hikes for a while, so she'd definately be fine.
Since she's still young, I'd like to keep her in the tent with me just to make sure she doesnt run off, so tarptents are out, and unfortnately my Eureka Solitare isnt quite big enough for the both of us. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a tent for just me and the dog. Shes a smaller dog, only about 25lbs, so she doesnt need that much space, but I'd like to have enough so that she doesnt have to sleep on top of me. What do some of you use? Alas, I'd like to keep the weight down since i'll be the only one carrying it, so also, the heavy kelty gunnison i use for when i get a friend to go with me is out. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Two Speed
05-14-2007, 21:33
SMD Lunar. Works for my 40 lb mutt & myself.

Some of the Henry Shires stuff looks good, too.

Nightwalker
05-14-2007, 22:31
SMD Lunar. Works for my 40 lb mutt & myself.

Same here. 1.5 person sized tent, and works well for me and Tink.

MikeG
05-15-2007, 02:37
seedhouse sl1

RiverWarriorPJ
05-15-2007, 04:22
Me & my pUp, Zeus II, use the Eureka Zeus 2...I named the pUp b/4 I ever heard of the tent..lol..
http://www.eurekatent.com/zeus2classic.asp
z