PDA

View Full Version : Trail Days 2007 - thanks to volunteers

Local
05-14-2007, 21:20
The Trail Days committee wishes to thank the following hikers for showing up Monday, May 14, and helping set up the campground.

<o></o>Carrot Slayer, Fishin' Fred, Mala (who cooked a great meal for the volunteers), Trodalong, Head-N-Out, Tag-N-Along, Rukin, Futz, Doodle, Miss Janet, Ozone, Waldo, Five Eyes, Bobcat, Trail Bait, Yogi, Joker, Lumpy, Cave Man, Dirtnap, Superman, Steve, and of course Lone Wolf. (If we've left someone our apologies.)

Some photos taken today are here:

http://www.traildays.info/volunteers07.html

Wonder
05-14-2007, 22:40
I spoke with Fishin Fred eariler this evening, and he wanted me to extend for him a special thanks to Lone WOlf for volunteering and providing the food for dinner. I hope that I didn't forget anything, but .....THANKS LONE WOLF

Lone Wolf
05-15-2007, 02:16
I spoke with Fishin Fred eariler this evening, and he wanted me to extend for him a special thanks to Lone WOlf for volunteering and providing the food for dinner. I hope that I didn't forget anything, but .....THANKS LONE WOLF

i'm an azzhole. thank you very much. we look forward to you being the newest, greatest coffee wench. hope it works out

StarLyte
05-15-2007, 07:02
i'm an azzhole. thank you very much. we look forward to you being the newest, greatest coffee wench. hope it works out

LOTS of thanks to the usual suspects who make things possible there.

See you in a few days.

Love to all. :sun

Wonder
05-15-2007, 12:58

Oh, there will be pancakes and coffee aplenty.......it will work out. When in Malas kitchen, just do what you're told. Works best that way.
And sure, you're an azzhole......we'll go with that if you want;)

katagious
05-16-2007, 21:37
The Trail Days committee wishes to thank the following hikers for showing up Monday, May 14, and helping set up the campground.

<O></O>Carrot Slayer, Fishin' Fred, Mala (who cooked a great meal for the volunteers), Trodalong, Head-N-Out, Tag-N-Along, Rukin, Futz, Doodle, Miss Janet, Ozone, Waldo, Five Eyes, Bobcat, Trail Bait, Yogi, Joker, Lumpy, Cave Man, Dirtnap, Superman, Steve, and of course Lone Wolf. (If we've left someone our apologies.)

Some photos taken today are here:

http://www.traildays.info/volunteers07.html

I my goodness...my son (Nukin) has a mohawk! :o
I hope they are being helpful! :)

Lone Wolf
05-17-2007, 00:10
just to clarify, i just provided some cash, an extra stove, big cook pot, small grill and a cooler for mala and some beverages for the volunteer hiker crew. they did all the physical labor. a fine job they did

Local
05-17-2007, 06:35
just to clarify, i just provided some cash, an extra stove, big cook pot, small grill and a cooler for mala and some beverages for the volunteer hiker crew. they did all the physical labor. a fine job they did

Just to further qualify: the Town of Damascus, through its Trail Days committee, bought the food for the first meal, Marla's Amazing Spaghetti, or "Marlaghetti," as a small token of appreciation for the volunteers. Those who were not here missed a great meal.

Wolf not only gave money but provided all the equpment listed above, without which Mala would not have operated so efficiently. Mala has been cooking pancakes each morning for the volunteers, and providing coffee. Wolf and I also had a walk around the area where much of the camping will be moved to next year. More on this later, after TD.

I'm told this is the first year that hiker volunteers have been allowed to come into the campground early to help get Trail Days set up. Since I'm new on the committee I'm rather amazed at this oversight. (Last year about a week before Trail Days the responsibility got assigned to the Discover Damascus volunteer group when the two guys running the event, after losing an election, took their toys and went home.) Hiker volunteers are some of the best volunteers in the country, as anyone who has ever worked with them can tell. Not to include them in all aspects of Trail Days was "uninformed," and you may translate that however you like. We hope that all future Trail Days will have heavy hiker volunteer involvement.

Thanks again to all volunteers who came out to help. Joker and Only Wanderer are added to the list, and more will be added later as I get their names.

And to Rukin's mom: your son had a great birthday party. He has been working hard and deserved it.

I'm off to the campground for coffee and pancakes.

katagious
05-19-2007, 15:46
And to Rukin's mom: your son had a great birthday party. He has been working hard and deserved it.

I'm off to the campground for coffee and pancakes.

Thanks for sharing that with me, I was hoping his 21st birthday would be all he's hoped it would be. What a kind person you are to share your time not just in helping with trail days but to share with others the excitement and events of the week.;)