PDA

View Full Version : Less than a month and woefully unprepared

Orange_Crush
05-17-2007, 14:02
But going for it anyway!

Gonna be hiking from 19E to Damascus.

My question for you all is, what are the sights I should be keeping an eye out for? Any standouts?

Thanks all.

Lilred
05-17-2007, 14:47
But going for it anyway!

Gonna be hiking from 19E to Damascus.

My question for you all is, what are the sights I should be keeping an eye out for? Any standouts?

Thanks all.

Don't feel so bad, I'm supposed to leave for a seven week section starting May 27th and I have not prepared at all. I've just recently moved and all my gear is in a box.......somewhere......Hopefully I'll find it with enough time to set up my tent and check out my gear. :eek:

emerald
05-17-2007, 15:03
My suggestion would be to pick up your feet, were I to make a suggestion. I hate stumbling when I take a trip.;)

Blissful
05-17-2007, 16:12
Mountaineer Falls Shelter is very nice and easy hike in for your first day.

Only praises for Kincora Hostel. Bob and Pat are the best.

I'd take time to swim and relax at Wautagua Lake and stay at the shelter there if you want. We had snow there ourselves.

Enjoy the ridge walk to Damascus. :) Again, we had snow drifts to plod through.

And you are never prepared enugh as I found out. You learn as you go. But realize there are no outfitters in that section until Damascus. But a good town stop at Kincora for supplies. Bob runs shuttles nightly. And you can also order pizza at the hostel.

Bryforce
05-17-2007, 16:27
I am leaving for the same section hike on the 26th of May. I am going with my Dad, older Brother, and my Dad's Friend. I definately am planning on going for a swim in the lake. I picked the hike because the elevations changes are more spreadout which should be easier on dear old pops and his friend.

I also am anxious to know if there are any good sights. It looks as though we will be hiking along the mountain ridge for a good majority of the hike. How is it? Any insight will help. Thanks