PDA

View Full Version : Current temp in GSMNP?

BobbyNoel
05-19-2007, 14:50
I'm off for the section, Fontana to Hot Springs, tomorrow, 21 May. Any idea what to expect for temperature in Smokys?

Rob

eddiep61
05-19-2007, 15:01
Right now in West Tn. we are having unusually cool temperatures. Daytime temps have been in the 70's and nighttime has been in the 40's. So you might have some cool temps at night. I am not sure what the forecast for next week is.

Touch of Grey
05-19-2007, 16:00
Good Luck and who knows when it comes to the weather!

This year has been very interesting to say the least especially with all of the talk of 'Global Warming'. Take for instance back in February and March temps all over the eastern half of the states were higher than normal and so one could say that yes in fact GW was in fact happening. And yet here we have been thru April and May with temps well below normal for this time of year.

Now I'm no scientist by any stretch of the imagination but one would think that if they want me to believe that GW was in fact a 'TRUTH' that it was consistently warmer all of the time.

To those that point out that the ice in the poles and glaciers is melting at a higher rate than normal I say okay but how does that correlate to what the weather has been for the past couple of months.

Sorry I got on my 'soapbox' there...Have a GREAT HIKE. I hope you enjoy it no matter what the weather is like!

TOG

Brushy Sage
05-20-2007, 14:37
Forecast highs in the 70s at Fontana Dam, with lows in the 40s and 50s. Drop that about ten degrees for altitude, and you're looking at maximum daytime temps around 60, going down to 30 plus or minus at night. Of course the Smoky Mts. have their own microclimate, which can change dramatically in a few hours, so this is mostly a guess! I hope you have beautiful weather.

aaronthebugbuffet
05-20-2007, 16:56
prepare for cool nights. (865) 436-1200 extension 630 GSMNP weather