PDA

View Full Version : Planning stage

crzy33w
05-20-2007, 08:03
ALCON,

Myself and a friend are planning a northbound thru hike in 2008, I am an experienced hiker, not expert but not a newbie. I realize alot of hikers do not complete the trail, so i assume there mus tbe loads of stuff for sale that never got used and i am looking to spend as little as possible on equipment. Any suggestions on used equipment e.g. websites or personal sales would be greatly appreciated.

Eric Warren

RockStar
05-20-2007, 09:33
I would keep an eye on the "selling used gear" section here and other forums. Also ebay. I look at least twice a week for what I need/want on ebay. Found GREAT deals that way! I also try searching for the item in different ways b/c sometimes ppl dont know what the hell they have and list auctions like...a platypus brand big zip I found once under "plastic water hydration". I did a search through the sporting goods section and clicked specific topics...

I have noticed that the end of winter I find a lot of used or new unused gear for cheaper. Peoplel got gifts for the holidays they dont need or decide not to hike or that they hate hiking. Spring gear closet Cleaning is the best!

crzy33w
05-20-2007, 12:40
Thanks for the reply and the advice, ill keep an eye an that stuff. cheers!