PDA

View Full Version : Aquamira by McNett,Have I got the right thing?

gold bond
05-23-2007, 18:44
I just purchased a pack (2 bottles bottle A and Bottle B) of McNett Aquamira Water Treatment for the price of $ 13.95 (plus tax). Says it "kills odor causing bacteria and enhances the taste of stored potable wate". It does not specifically say it kills Giardia or any other gut wrenching bacteria...did I buy the right thing? Has anyone ever used this product and been satisfied with it?Don't want to sound ignorant, but I've just always used a filter and this is new to me:confused:

RockStar
05-23-2007, 19:16
I use it and haven't had a problem. I have used it on water so questionable that it tasted like algae and chlorine I put so much in it. Was crossing myself and praying all night. Nothing happened. I have never heard of anyone else having a problem with it either. I like it! Use a bandana to filter the floaties out of my water. ;) As suggested here by these fine folks!

gold bond
05-23-2007, 19:55
Thanks Rockstar, I was wondering since it didn't say anything about Giardia or other things if I had bought the right thing or not. Thought maybe I had the wrong solution.Again, thanks.

RockStar
05-23-2007, 20:30
If you do a search of posts or threads there should be a lot. A few ended up battles b/t filter and Aqua Mira users. ;p That also might help ease your mind.

Blissful
05-23-2007, 21:09
Yes, there is a thread about it. We have used it so far on our hike - no problems. FYI - Campmor sells it for $10.95. If you get more stuff, they only have one shipping price for everything.