PDA

View Full Version : The woods are healthier

Blissful
05-24-2007, 08:51
Besides what it does for your cardiovascular system, my son and I have found out hiking and camping in the woods, along with eating dirt and little hand washing except for a squirt of antibacterial stuff now and then is healthier.

Since we've been home (I originally had to get off the trail temporarily for a muscle strain) we both caught colds followed by a stomach flu. Never had any of that stuff on the trail. And it has delayed us by nearly ten days.

So another reason to get out and hike and stay hiking. :)

BlackCloud
05-24-2007, 09:20
This might be a testament to the sanitation of your home more then anything else!

Sorry......:-?

Alligator
05-24-2007, 09:28
Maybe. But one infected SOBO can do a lot of damage!

Gaiter
05-24-2007, 13:42
no air conditioning, my sinuses love being outdoors, they hate going back into towns.

Slosteppin
05-24-2007, 20:09
no air conditioning, my sinuses love being outdoors, they hate going back into towns.

I can identify with that, even without the air conditioning. When sleeping out I can breath all night without problems.
Sleeping at home I often get a stuffy nose at night.

Slosteppin

littlelaurel59
05-24-2007, 21:09
Besides what it does for your cardiovascular system, my son and I have found out hiking and camping in the woods, along with eating dirt and little hand washing except for a squirt of antibacterial stuff now and then is healthier.

Since we've been home (I originally had to get off the trail temporarily for a muscle strain) we both caught colds followed by a stomach flu. Never had any of that stuff on the trail. And it has delayed us by nearly ten days.

So another reason to get out and hike and stay hiking. :)

Colds and stomach flu are spread by humans. There are fewer of them out there (germs and people). I agree- another reason to get out and hike.

weary
05-24-2007, 22:21
Colds and stomach flu are spread by humans. There are fewer of them out there (germs and people). I agree- another reason to get out and hike.
At last, a wise comment!!!

damush
05-25-2007, 17:26
get rid of the antibacterial soap. that stuff is causing more harm than it's worth. you'd be surprised at what a healthy human body can endure. plain old dr. bronners or any other vegetable based detergent is all ne would need for sanitation.