PDA

View Full Version : Pack Rock

Wonder
05-24-2007, 11:05
I was wondering if anyone has seen my little friend Pack Rock?:confused: He's easy to miss. Weighs about a 1/4lb. resembles a skipping stone, and has in purple paint AT PACK ROCK on his front and on his back in silver says "put me in your firends pack and help me get to Maine"
I met him in December at the base of the Horse-Shoe trail in French Creek state park in pa. He told me of how he was trying to get home to Big K, and asked for my help. A truly sad story that one has....but he is brave! I'll fill you in as time goes on.......
I helped him out by carrying him from Springer to Haiwasse in February, where, due to having to work, I slipped him into a hikers pack and he was off.
I ran into him again riding around in the blue van in Franklin, where I sent him back on his way.
Last time I heard of his where abouts was in the Smokies. I would really like to know how my friend is doing. My best guess is that he should be somewhere near Waynesboro, Va
If someone finds him in their pack.......ask him about his harrowing tale, and help him out. Your hiking buddies won't mind bringing him a few more miles north!:sun

Uncle Silly
05-24-2007, 16:00
I hear he started out as a boulder on Katahdin a few thousand years ago, before the glaciers picked him up and surfed him down to PA and left him. Think he'll get back home this year?

Wonder
05-24-2007, 16:34
I sure hope so....it's his last wish before going to pebbles

TomScanlan
05-25-2007, 16:08
I found him in NYC next to a broken needle near intersection of Ave B and 2nd St. He reeked of urine (not his own). I threw a cup of hot coffee on him and pitoned a note with the words "Baggins' Pack" to his chest.
I'd say that boy was going down the wrong path, but Baggins should set him straight when she passes through.

DuctTape07
05-26-2007, 15:49
Wonder,
I've seen the pack rock. It was last seen with Meghan and Serial. I think they had slipped it into Hemlock's pack who is up near Waynesboro now. So hope that helps.

Wonder
05-26-2007, 18:56
Thanks man......it's good to hear that he is still on the road!