PDA

View Full Version : looking for a new summer bag? lafuma warm n light 600g down bags for 59 bux

hobbit
05-24-2007, 11:06
yeah thats right at campmor.com I cant believe that they would put them that cheap but they are...
I bought one and the damn thing rolls up so small it literally dissapears into my pack it rolls up smaller than my rain jacket and from what I've used it for so far it seems true to its rating of 40 degrees
summary 1 pound 5 ounces 40 degrees 650 down 59 bux
i think its a good deal

gsingjane
05-24-2007, 12:56
I have this bag also. I found that it didn't really stay quite warm enough down to 40. Also, when it got wet it turned into a monster (long story). But you're right, $59 for down is a pretty good deal.

Jane in CT

Blissful
05-24-2007, 19:59
You get what you pay for. Add 10 degrees at least to the rating. My son has the 30 degree lafuma synthetic and was cold until the temps got to 50. I decided to go with the marmot pounder, even though I have a down lafuma here.

jaiden
05-25-2007, 11:12
You get what you pay for. Add 10 degrees at least to the rating. My son has the 30 degree lafuma synthetic and was cold until the temps got to 50. I decided to go with the marmot pounder, even though I have a down lafuma here.

Was this the ST1000? I have one which I haven't used yet. I want to be prepared when I do get a chance to use it. What clothing was he wearing? Does he sleep cold or warm?

thanks