PDA

View Full Version : Hung up my Henessey

Brother in Arms
05-24-2007, 19:36
Hey everyone
My Hennesey Expedition Asym came in the mail today! Just in time, given I am leaving for Katahdin south bound june 2nd...I cant wait and I know I am going to sleep like a big fat baby in my hammock. Its going to beat laying on the ground with the ticks.

hang in there everybody......

Brother in Arms

RockStar
05-24-2007, 19:57
Welcome! Now you just need a Uniform aka HammockForum T-shirt. ;)

FanaticFringer
05-24-2007, 20:05
Go hang yourself. It's about time you did.:banana

jmcgarrahan
05-24-2007, 20:38
I just hung my new HH, I did it in the back yard from the porch to the fence, not ideal but I figured out how to hang the darn thing, now I have to work out the tarp, I am a complete idiot in that I just can't figure it out. I think maybe I am missing something, I got the Hh from someone who had already put the snakeskins on, is there a connection I am missing or can I just tie it to the tree above the HH and do the best I can that way? Oh I am truly gonna love this hammock hanging. Finally sleep on the trail.

FanaticFringer
05-24-2007, 21:02
I just hung my new HH, I did it in the back yard from the porch to the fence, not ideal but I figured out how to hang the darn thing, now I have to work out the tarp, I am a complete idiot in that I just can't figure it out. I think maybe I am missing something, I got the Hh from someone who had already put the snakeskins on, is there a connection I am missing or can I just tie it to the tree above the HH and do the best I can that way? Oh I am truly gonna love this hammock hanging. Finally sleep on the trail.

Assuming your using the stock Hennessy tarp, tying the tarp directly to the tree seems to works best for most people. The tarp works o.k connected to the hammock. It will sag when you lay in it and that is a big reason people just tie to the tree. If it is raining, you just hang the tarp first so you have a dry area to stay in before hanging your hammock. I highly recommend buying a bigger tarp. The stock tarp leaves little room for error in bad weather and offers little privacy when getting dressed and such. If you have'nt already, check out www.hammockforums.net
You will find much info. about other tarps such as the Sportsmans Guide tarp, JRB 8x8 tarp, MacCat tarp, Black Cat tarp, the almost ready Speer cat tarp as well as others.

FanaticFringer
05-24-2007, 21:04
One more thing, once you have seen these other bigger tarps used on a hammock, the Hennessy tarp looks like hammock floss.:D

jmcgarrahan
05-24-2007, 21:27
I just registered and left the same post on Hammock Forums, figured I will get as much info as possible, and from as many sources. Thank you, your info is a great help

ShakeyLeggs
05-24-2007, 22:58
Welcome to the Hammock Hangin Mafia. And have a fun trip.