PDA

View Full Version : AT Boardgame

Tumblerisk
05-26-2007, 01:31
I just got done with the GA section of the AT, and while I was out there I thought "There should be an AT board game!" Of course the board would be a map of the AT divided up into spaces to represent the miles, and you would roll dice to see how many miles you progress each day/turn. You would have the choice of starting in GA or ME. I began to entertain myself thinking of ways that you would get to jump ahead or lose spaces throughout the game. There would be spots on the board labelled either "Trail Magic" or "Trail Curse (can't think of a better name for the bad cards)", and if you land on one of those you would draw a card an follow the instructions on it (just like community chest or chance in monopoly). I've listed a few examples below. Feel free to add your ideas.

Boy Scout Troop Invades Shelter - Go back 5 miles to the last tent site you passed.

Sweedish Bikini Hiking Team gives you a hitch - Go forward 10 miles.

It's dusk, and you run from a dark stump you thought was a bear - Go back 15 miles to warn your friends.

You do the right thing and pay for a new chair in the Damascus library after your energy gel leaks onto it making some people think you whizzed on the chair - Go forward 5 miles.

You put your bare behind on the Springer plaque - Go back to the Amicalola visitor center and start over (and also get trashed on Whitblaze.)

RockStar
05-26-2007, 07:24
Like AppalachianTrailopoly. I'd buy it. lol

Wanderingson
05-26-2007, 08:21
Zero day--lose a turn

Slackpack--proceed 20 miles

Instead of trail curse--just call those cards "roots and rocks"

I'm sure there will be penty of other thoughts

Lilred
05-27-2007, 09:43
Have Miss Janets Hostel on a loop, you have to roll the exact number to get out. It's impossible to leave Miss Janet's.....