PDA

View Full Version : SNP Magic Mem. Day

Skyline
05-26-2007, 14:22
There will be some trail magic Monday, May 28, (Memorial Day) at Blackrock Gap in Shenandoah National Park. We'll be set up from about 11am to 4pm where the AT comes out of the woods at approximately Skyline Drive MP 87.4. This is also near the northern terminus for the Moorman River Trail and the Paine Run Trail. All are welcome.

This location and date worked out very well in previous years as it's definitely NOBO prime time in SNP starting about now, and this is in the middle of a long stretch in SNP without many reliable water sources and none of SNP's infamous restaurants, campgrounds, and lodges have been encountered yet by NOBOs.

We will have lots of cold canned soft drinks, iced tea, pies, Little Debbies, salty snacks, oranges, apples, and bananas. We're also bringing six gallons of water, extra ice and we'll take all that heavy trash off your hands if you'd like.

If you live in the area and want to join us (or add something to the above list), greet the hikers, or just say hi to Skyline, Rodman, Savannah the Trail Dawg and who knows who else--stop on by and sit a spell in the shade of the trees at Blackrock Gap.

Lone Wolf
05-26-2007, 15:56
y'all gonna do card tricks and such for magic?

emerald
05-26-2007, 16:49

I believe the hikers do magic and then get fed, isn't that how it works?

Skyline
05-26-2007, 18:31

Watch carefully when I say Shenandoah Sunset and see the hikers make the food and drink disappear.

jlb2012
05-29-2007, 11:48
How was the SNP magic at Blackrock Gap ? Many hikers ?

Skyline
05-29-2007, 13:11
How was the SNP magic at Blackrock Gap ? Many hikers ?

From 10:30am to about 4:45pm we had 27 hikers pass by. A mix of thru-, section-, and even a couple day-hikers. One took some magic for four more coming behind them, so I guess that means we "served" 31.

Great day, great location, great people. Even the weather behaved at the Gap, while just north of us saw quite a thunder shower we found out.

Creek Dancer
05-29-2007, 13:16
Dang, I missed this. I would have helped out had I known. Maybe next time!

Uncle Silly
05-29-2007, 14:58
Sounds like it was a fun time. Thanks for making the magic, Skyline!

Gray Blazer
05-29-2007, 15:07
Thanks, I know the hikers appreciated it.

StarLyte
05-29-2007, 15:36
What a GREAT way to spend Memorial Day!

Thanks Skyline and Rodman!

I'm sure many hikers appreciated your generosity and good deed.

And just to let you know....I did slip Savannah a piece of meat on the grandstand steps at Tdz :D

Skyline
05-29-2007, 16:00
What a GREAT way to spend Memorial Day!

Thanks Skyline and Rodman!

I'm sure many hikers appreciated your generosity and good deed.

And just to let you know....I did slip Savannah a piece of meat on the grandstand steps at Tdz :D

Yeah, she told on you later. But her tail was wagging.