PDA

View Full Version : Need shuttle to Rangeley, ME from Public Transportation

Sorcerer
05-26-2007, 14:22
I'm back and looking to head back to Maine and finish the trail. I need some help with a shuttle:

I can be at just about any location that offers public transportation (air or bus) in Maine and I need a ride to Route 4, where the trail crosses near Rangeley. I'm figuring either August 18 or August 25, and I'm a little flexible (+/- a day or two).

If you think you can help that would be great. I'd be happy to pay a reasonable price.

Better yet, if anybody is heading to Rangeley from Johnson City, Tennessee about then that would be even better! :p

Please PM or email me if you have any helpful information.

Roland
05-27-2007, 09:54
Horsefeather Transportation Service (http://www.discoverourtown.com/ME/local-95528.html) 391 Rangeley Avenue, Rangeley, ME 04964, 207-864-5465, Open from May to October, this transportation company offers shuttle services in and out of the Rangeley area including shuttles to bus stations, airports, and all types of recreational shuttle services.

Sorcerer
06-09-2007, 14:20
That sounds promising. Thanks Roland.

Footslogger
06-09-2007, 19:21
Sourcerer ...my wife (BadAss Turtle) and I are hiking from Rangeley to Monson in August but we are a little ahead of you. If your hiking date(s) are not cast in stone we might be able to help you out. We are flying into Boston on August 5th, renting a car and driving to Monson, where we are getting a shuttle back down to RT 4. Then we're headed north, hiking back to our car. Once we get to Monson we are driving up to Baxter and summiting Kathdin because to celebrate my wife's completing an end-to-end hike of the AT.

Unfortunately due to plane and rental car reservations our dates are not flexible however if have any leeway in terms of your hiking window we would be happy to try and help you out.

PM or e-mail me if you want to talk through some options ...

'Slogger