PDA

View Full Version : Eat Your Hearts Out ...

Footslogger
05-26-2007, 17:43
BadAss Turtle and I just got to the Sunset House on Grand Cayman Island and met my daughter who flew in earlier today. Have a cold Cervesa in hand and checking Whiteblaze for new posts before heading out to the dive boat.

It just doesn't get much better than this ...unless of course I was out hiking (my other addiction).

'Slogger

squeeze
05-26-2007, 23:04
It's been quite a few years, but I can remember having a few Cervesas at the Sunset House bar. I did my first night dive there. Enjoy!

Heater
05-27-2007, 01:17
[quote=Footslogger;366693]BadAss Turtle and I just got to the Sunset House on Grand Cayman Island and met my daughter who flew in earlier today. Have a cold Cervesa in hand and checking Whiteblaze for new posts before heading out to the dive boat.

It just doesn't get much better than this ...unless of course I was out hiking (my other addiction).

You gonna drink alcohol then go diving? :-?

I thought that was a nono. :confused:

Darwin again
05-27-2007, 12:44
When I was learning to dive in Germany, my group would watch the German dive clubs do up their outings, tailgating at the lake, grilling wursts, plenty of bier and good times etc. Our diving instructor also told us that the Germans, not-so-strangely enough, lead the world in diving accidents.
The beer could be a factor...

Footslogger
06-02-2007, 14:49
Footslogger reporting back in after an unbelievable week at sea in the Caymans. 20 dives in all. Some great sights. Only bad thing now is that BadAss Turtle and I have to get our butts to the airport and begin the long flight home.

Oh well ...it was GOOD while it lasted !!

Gonna be a shock waking up in Laramie in the morning ...

'Slogger

Grampie
06-04-2007, 11:10
:sun Life is so good. Enjoy it.:sun

Tha Wookie
06-04-2007, 11:29
Footslogger reporting back in after an unbelievable week at sea in the Caymans. 20 dives in all. Some great sights. Only bad thing now is that BadAss Turtle and I have to get our butts to the airport and begin the long flight home.

Oh well ...it was GOOD while it lasted !!

Gonna be a shock waking up in Laramie in the morning ...

'Slogger

You two should come down here to St. Croix sometime!

I saw about 20 lobsters yesterday!

Footslogger
06-04-2007, 11:32
You two should come down here to St. Croix sometime!

I saw about 20 lobsters yesterday!

=======================================

Don't tempt me ! ...one of the hardest things for me (us) to do is get on an airplane and fly home after a week at sea. I saw that many lobsters EVERY day in the Caymans, plus rays and turtles. Pics to follow !!

'Slogger

J5man
06-04-2007, 11:43
Did you eat any of the Tortuga rum cakes?! I have been there twice and always bring some home with me! They have a mail order service but they are quite pricey, but somehow they taste better there after a nice dinner and enjoying one while looking out over the water.

Footslogger
06-04-2007, 13:04
Did you eat any of the Tortuga rum cakes?! I have been there twice and always bring some home with me! They have a mail order service but they are quite pricey, but somehow they taste better there after a nice dinner and enjoying one while looking out over the water.

=============================

I wanted to ...but was eating like a horse on the dive boat so when we got back on land I fought the urge. Maybe next time. Saw loads of travelers on the departing airplane carrying them home.

'Slogger

saimyoji
06-04-2007, 16:02
http://www.coffeeam.com/torrumcak.html

Yummy.