PDA

View Full Version : AT Art Featured at Yulee Days Festival in Archer, FL

Gray Blazer
05-29-2007, 10:01
Once again I will be showing my AT photos at the Yulee Days Festival this Sat, June 2 in Archer, FL. I am hoping we will not get rained out again this year, although we do need the rain. My photos are of the AT in the mountains of NC/TN and are in homemade barnwood frames (I have to frame about 4 more this week so if you have a favorite in my WB gallery, let me know). Sgt. Rock and Dixie Critter and ATtroll have them hanging in their homes. I hope to see some of you FL WBer's in Archer this weekend. BTW, we need someone in FL to organize a WB get together. I'm thinking Goldhead Branch or maybe somewhere in the panhandle (on the FT of course). Matty, if you can make it, I'll gladly share my booth with you. Maybe next year. Peace and love......JJ

Gray Blazer
05-29-2007, 14:17
I'm gonna keep this at the top of the list here, so here's a little bit of interesting info.......I was up on Water Rock Knob on the BR Parkway a few months ago and I could see the ridgeline of the AT for 112 miles from Winding Stair Gap to Tri-corner Knob,or, in other words, the Nantahalas from Wayah Bald and almost all of the Smokies. I could make out Camp Creek Bald which would make that a distance of over 180 miles. Breathtaking! I imagine on a very clear day I could see Roan, but I don't know about that. If you get a chance, hike up Water Rock, it's one half mile straight up and Worth It!

gregdog
05-30-2007, 08:42
Hey Gray Blazer, sent you a PM, shoot me something when you get a chance. thanks.

Gray Blazer
05-30-2007, 10:33
Hey Gray Blazer, sent you a PM, shoot me something when you get a chance. thanks.

I got your email. Today is Wed. If anybody is interested in seeing what my pics look like, I'll take some pics of my pics tonight and post them in my White Blaze Gallery tomorrow.

Jaybird
05-30-2007, 11:20
Yo GB!

lookin' foward to seeing some of your photos in your gallery!:D

Gray Blazer
05-30-2007, 11:46
Yo GB!

lookin' foward to seeing some of your photos in your gallery!:D

I do enjoy your gallery. I think you have more pics of hikers and WB members that anyone else.

Gray Blazer
05-30-2007, 12:55
I always forget to bring my binoculars to the mountain summits. I was thinking on a clear day, if I had my binocs, I would be able to see from the summit of Water Rock Knob all the way from Albert Mountain to Roan. That would be a distance of 272 miles, or over one tenth of the whole AT. Is there anywhere else in the East where you can see over 150 miles of the AT from one place?

Gray Blazer
05-31-2007, 08:21
OK, They are loaded into my White Blaze Gallery. Just click View My Gallery by my name.

gregdog
05-31-2007, 09:01
great shots, thanks.

Gray Blazer
05-31-2007, 10:55
OK, They are loaded into my White Blaze Gallery. Just click View My Gallery by my name.

They are a lot clearer in person. If you are viewing any of them, click on the image again and it will enlarge. The AT logo (the one that looks like a tree) is weathered into all the frames. It's just harder to find on some than others. Thanks everybody. 50% chance of rain for Sat.

Gray Blazer
06-04-2007, 12:36
Thank goodness for the rain. The firefighters (God bless 'em) have a little time off today. We got 5 inches at our house in N FL. Needless to say, my art show was cancelled for the 2nd year in a row. I'm still waiting for my premier show. Rock and DC, you are still the only ones to purchase a JW original. Gregdog and Jaybird, thanks for the validation.

Gray Blazer
06-05-2007, 10:59
This will prolly be my last post here for a while. Today is my last day of work until next August and I don't have computer access at home right now. I'm hoping to get up to NC and do some more AT hiking and camping and taking pics. I'll be the old fat white guy with the oldschool green Jansport backpack with the giant airbed hanging from it. Peace and love......JJ

PS It's sad when you have to self-validate your own thread 8x's (Thanks JB and GD) and you can't even get 2 pages worth.