PDA

View Full Version : Petzl Tikka Plus

MedicineMan
09-29-2003, 06:21
I've had all the LED lights from the beginning and ended up loving the Black Diamond Moonbeam, but it has failed me-a short somewhere in the battery housing...i sent it back and it was replaced almost instantly and I bought another one 'cause a trip was coming up and I couldnt wait for the return lag......but a new light is on the market-or rather a super enhanced old light.
I loved the Moonbeam for its sheer power-having to hike out in the night once with a Tikka and a Photon, I was adamant about finding something with more power,hence the Moonbeam-but by its design it is doomed to fail. Enter the Tikka Plus...it now has 4 LEDs, 3 power settings, and adjustable/ratchetable lens positioning..
Just thought some of you might want to know what is out there.
the Medicine Man

MadAussieInLondon
09-29-2003, 09:31
how does the tikka plus compare to the zipka? the tikka has that big headband doesnt?? (runnnig off memory here)

MedicineMan
09-29-2003, 21:38
the tikka plus also has the bigheadband :(

Sleepy the Arab
09-29-2003, 22:29
I could have sworn that there was a Zipka plus due on the market as well, but I have a pretty vivid imagination. Perhaps I dreamt it.

MedicineMan
09-29-2003, 23:11
makes sense to do a zipka plus since the change is simply the headstrap....like many, i have learned the hard way to make sure light and backup light is with me-even here in the hospital working i've got a moonbeam in the backpack

MedicineMan
10-10-2003, 21:39
OK got it in hand now, switched out the clear lens for a red one...good quality, compared output with the Moonbeam, Moonbeam wins by just a smidgen, not enough to merit taking it over he Tikka+ since the Tikka has less chance of failure due to wiring wrap from bulbs to battery pack...so Moonbeam out and Tikka+ in (for now)....