PDA

View Full Version : O.R. Caimen Gaiter failure

MedicineMan
09-29-2003, 06:26
Had these less than a year, so maybe 10-15hikes with them, but now the velcro has come off 3/4 of the way on one gaiter and partially on the other.
Granted I washed them after each hike and maybe that was my fault since I washed them in a washing machine....your thoughts please...I still think that they should have survived it though.

icemanat95
09-29-2003, 11:37
They should have survived it. Contact OR.

chris
09-29-2003, 12:22
I'd contact OR and tell them the problem. Most likely they will tell you to send them back for inspection, and they'll fix the problem or send you new ones.

MedicineMan
10-10-2003, 21:42
Ok, sent an email to OR, no reply...put them into the home sewing machine and 5 minutes later good as new (well almost), surprised OR didnt write back though....anyway no more machine washing post hike, garden hose and then the close line..

Big Guy
10-14-2003, 10:08
Simva: I have a pair of OR Rocy Mountain low gaiters and am having a similar problem witht he velcro. It appears the finished edge of the velcro is unraveling causing it to come free. I notice this after my last outing this weekend. and until this wekend never put mine in the washer. The problem existed prior to putting them in the washer. I plan to sovle the problem the same way and expect that I will have to replace the velcro or buy new ones shortly. I do wear mine anytime I am out to keep the dirt and crud out of my boots. I plan to e-mail OR to advise of the problem. Big Guy.

MedicineMan
10-15-2003, 00:01
exactly right! it is the edge that has become unravelled..
let me (and others interested) in your e-mail response since I never heard back from them

Big Guy
10-17-2003, 20:57
Simva: I heard back from OR and offered to repair. Since I had already had them fixed I advised I would not be sending.I heaard from Joe Morneault of OR his e-mail is [email protected]. Big GHuy

SkyKing
11-11-2003, 20:32
This doesn't apply to gaiters but thought I'd share it. I have a pair of Wyoming Wear socks that the seam let go. Call them and they replaced them free..no questions asked..even changed the size. Great socks too.

Big Guy
11-14-2003, 20:57
My repair job on the OR low gaiters did not work and the velcro continued to unraveled. I contacted OR and they gave me a return number advising they would repair. They return brand new ones which I received today. Good to know a company still stands behind their product. :clap