PDA

View Full Version : 3 Ton Come-Along and the Hennessy Hammock - FIRST Nights!!!

Toolshed
06-01-2007, 21:06
Memroial Day weekend at our Cottage in the Finger Lakes. Glad I tossed the HH in the truck to play with. It was stuffy in the cottage the first night. Saturday I Got out the HH but found I was 10 feet too short between trees.
Hmmm waht to do, buy more rope? Looked under the seat and found my 3 ton comealong with 25' of 1/4 inch steel cable.

Just what I needed.

Took some playing around, and by the time I was done both the comealong and the other end of the hammock were 8-10 feet high in the trees. I had to ratchet it tight several times, but it worked.
Night 1 - Except for a 3AM pee break, I actually slept on my back all night long with no issues (Side sleeper) and no need to roll over even once.(I always toss and turn all night long).

Night 2- Gentle rain - It was incredible. R-R-R-r-r-r-rock me to sleep mama!!!!!!!

I haven't slept this well since the lat time I took Ambien CR. Wow - Now sleeping on the ground seems so primitive...:-?

'Course I had to endure all sorts os stupid jokes from family and neighbors about needed a 3 ton comealong to hold me in my hammock.:D

Welcome me into the fold.....I am a Hammocker now!!!!!!

Cuffs
06-01-2007, 21:31
Memroial Day weekend at our Cottage in the Finger Lakes. Glad I tossed the HH in the truck to play with. It was stuffy in the cottage the first night. Saturday I Got out the HH but found I was 10 feet too short between trees.
Hmmm waht to do, buy more rope? Looked under the seat and found my 3 ton comealong with 25' of 1/4 inch steel cable.

Just what I needed.

Took some playing around, and by the time I was done both the comealong and the other end of the hammock were 8-10 feet high in the trees. I had to ratchet it tight several times, but it worked.
Night 1 - Except for a 3AM pee break, I actually slept on my back all night long with no issues (Side sleeper) and no need to roll over even once.(I always toss and turn all night long).

Night 2- Gentle rain - It was incredible. R-R-R-r-r-r-rock me to sleep mama!!!!!!!

I haven't slept this well since the lat time I took Ambien CR. Wow - Now sleeping on the ground seems so primitive...:-?

'Course I had to endure all sorts os stupid jokes from family and neighbors about needed a 3 ton comealong to hold me in my hammock.:D

Welcome me into the fold.....I am a Hammocker now!!!!!!

I too joined the 8' high club in the last month, and I totally understand your comments and I too am side sleeper and toss/turner!

FanaticFringer
06-01-2007, 22:25
Welcome to the hammock mafia Toolshed.
This suspension system should help:
www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=565&highlight=buckle

Just Jeff
06-02-2007, 14:14
Welcome to the club! Soon you'll be a made man...

FanaticFringer
06-02-2007, 16:26
Welcome to the club! Soon you'll be a made man...

Though some might think he's a mad man.:D