PDA

View Full Version : Dehydrating experiments

katagious
06-02-2007, 14:50
I've been shipping food packs for the futz and nukin since April fools day and have enjoyed experimenting with dehydrating different foods. The freezerbag cooking site has been a great help...Thanks so much to the owner of the site. (I'm sorry I'm having a moment and can't remember your name :confused: )
Dehydrating salsa worked great. I've also been dehydrating homemade refried beans. Along with Hamburger and some pressure cooked turkey that I made into teriyaki cubes for some stir fries or whatever the boys decided to create.

Some new things I've tried dehydrating (new for me):
Meatless chili
spaghetti sauce
Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
Meatless Baked Beans
Rice and Lentils

I also make yogurt at home and made up a gallon batch. I then drained all of the "whey" until it had the consistency of cream cheese. I made it into balls slightly larger then ping pong but smaller then tennis and rolled it into a mixture calle Zaatar (basicly thyme, marjoram, salt and sumac) I dried this out on the dehydrator and it turns into a dry cheese very similar to goats cheese but without the need to refrigerate (old mideastern recipe)

I'm looking for other ideas/recipes that might provide nutrients yet can be made cheaply in large batches at home.

Any other ideas?

RockStar
06-02-2007, 15:11
How'd the speghetti sauce turn out? I make a mean red sauce and have toyed with the idea of dehydrating it. Keep forgetting to go get the dehydrator form my grams. ;)

katagious
06-02-2007, 20:58
Turned out great. I made it very thick with veggies chopped fairly small and no meat. It worked out to a 1:1 ratio water sauce once it was dehydrated. I also really liked how much faster (and simpler) it was to just dump a some boiling water into the baggie of dehydrated spaghetti and then after ten min just draining.
I think I may try dehydrating potato gnochi's
anyone try that already?

sarbar
06-04-2007, 23:00
I think I may try dehydrating potato gnochi's
anyone try that already?
I haven't but I have two packages laying around! Methinks I will do it tomorrow!

hammock engineer
06-05-2007, 01:44
Make sure you try rehydrating too. I learned the hard way on chicken. Needless to say I stitck with hamburger now.

Creek Dancer
06-05-2007, 08:50
Try using canned chicken. It dehydrates quickly and rehydrates great.

tekiechick
06-08-2007, 08:22
Rehydrating chicken is a PIA. However, I did find that if I cook it and chop it fine in a food processor, it dehydrates fast and rehydrates so much better.

I also tried cooking brown rice before dehydrating it; I didn't have any luck with that either. So far, beans, ground beef, and pasta have been my biggest successes.

hammock engineer
06-08-2007, 08:51
I had an issue with sausage. Sabar and others pointed out that it was the higher grease content that kept it from drying all the way. Now I only use 90%+ ground beef. I also make sure I drain it really well.

latte
06-08-2007, 09:09
I have had success drying a large variety of foods in the dehydrator. I have been experimenting for 4 years and learned a lot of things. The secret to drying meat (other than hamburger) is to cook it until it falls apart. I can usually achieve this by boiling it. I then shred the meat (like pulled BBQ) and dry it and the defatted broth from the boiling. I put the dried broth in with the dried meat so the meat has all its flavor. I use this tecnique for lamb, chicken, and beef roasts. However, if you don't have to worry about cost, using canned chicken works great. It has the same consistancy.

When drying veggies, make sure you cook them thoroughly before drying. They will not rehydrate if they aren't pre cooked. I don't know why. I learned my lesson eating soup on the trail with hard veggies (I had cooked it for an hour!). Yucch.

I have not yet been successful rehydrating sausage or kielbasa.

Also, another tip is do not overdry your food. It doesn't rehydrate well at all and tastes wrong.

Grinder
06-08-2007, 11:04
Latte,

How does one dry broth??

Tom

latte
06-08-2007, 12:44
I have shallow plastic trays for my dehydrator. I pour the broth into the trays. There is always a film of residue left when the broth evaporates. If I only need one bag of dried meat, I put all the film in the bag right off the plastic sheet. If I need several bags for the meat, I take the film and run it through the food processor. Then I divide it up evenly between the bags of dried meat. If you take a taste of the dried film, you will be surprised at how flavorful it is. You don't have to do this, but it is a good way to keep the meat's flavor when using the boiling method.

You can use the same method to dry soup or stew, fruit puree, and spaghetti sauce. My husband loves my beef stew. When I make some for dinner, I take the leftovers and dry it on the sheets. I pull everything off the sheet (including the residue film) and put it in baggies for trips. That's where I got the idea for the broth.

By the way, dried canned corned beef hash is GREAT! Of course you have to like it to begin with. A 15 oz can reduces down to 5 oz. Using the reduced fat version produces the best results.

mweinstone
06-08-2007, 18:37
interesting but not for me. i take dehydrating to a different place. i dont use a dehydrater for one reason. plastic imparts a taste. also i never dehydrate cooked food. thats weird to me. what , are you in that much of a hurry and need that much conveinyence? ingredients win out over entrays every time in my world. my oven is like a fine seasoned pot compaired to your birthing trays. and its not cool to do two different foods at the same time cause of transfer of flavor. under no circumstances dehydrate a quantity of different foods, store them in zipplocks and then in the same area. such as a car loaded in the sun with months of food in closed spaces. it will all taste like cabbage . or whatevers the strongest. store seperate in glass allways till use. i have mason jars full of onions and garlic and fruits and peppers and mushrooms and seeweeds and dates and figs and tomatoes. all dryed in my oven. on parchment. or on the racks in the case of jerkey. set at lowest heat. woodspoon in door to let out moisture. watching and rotateing to get even drying. and ill pit my veggies and fruits against those made on plastic or in a plug in dehydrater, any day. did i mention i dry apples?

budforester
06-08-2007, 19:42
Rehydrating chicken is a PIA. However, I did find that if I cook it and chop it fine in a food processor, it dehydrates fast and rehydrates so much better.

I also tried cooking brown rice before dehydrating it; I didn't have any luck with that either. So far, beans, ground beef, and pasta have been my biggest successes.

Uncle Ben's offers a quick- cook brown rice that I use.

chefbrian1
05-29-2009, 14:27
I pressure cooked then dried chicken breast last night. When I tested to see how it rehydrated, the bigger pieces we tough and rubbery. I then tried to grind it into a powder in the food processor, but at the quick boil for a minute or two it still has a sort of rubbery feel.

Is there a way I can save my powdered chicken?

How do people rehydrate fresh cooked and dried chicken on the trail?

Chef Brian

Snowleopard
05-29-2009, 14:36
katagious, zaatar, yes!! That's lebany (yoghurt cheese) with spices added. I can get good lebany in Worcester,MA, but here I'll have to make my own. Do you rehydrate it or eat it dry?

Brown rice -- anybody have success in dehydrating brown rice?

Manwich
05-29-2009, 14:42
yet another 2-year-old thread has been bumped.

sarbar
05-29-2009, 14:55
I pressure cooked then dried chicken breast last night. When I tested to see how it rehydrated, the bigger pieces we tough and rubbery. I then tried to grind it into a powder in the food processor, but at the quick boil for a minute or two it still has a sort of rubbery feel.

Is there a way I can save my powdered chicken?

How do people rehydrate fresh cooked and dried chicken on the trail?

Chef Brian

Pressure cook the chicken as your cooking method. Beth talked about her experiments with this a couple years ago here.

chefbrian1
05-29-2009, 16:58
katagious, zaatar, yes!! That's lebany (yoghurt cheese) with spices added. I can get good lebany in Worcester,MA, but here I'll have to make my own. Do you rehydrate it or eat it dry?

I am taking minute rice brown rice. It is pretty good, not the same as the health food store short grain stuff, but good enough when adding veggies, meat, butter and spices.

Chef Brian

Wise Old Owl
05-29-2009, 17:31
yet another 2-year-old thread has been bumped.

Yea I was confuzed about that too......

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg275/MarkSwarbrick/confused-owl-2.jpg

Sidewinder
05-29-2009, 17:59
Yea I was confuzed about that too......

Why? Makes perfect sense to me, someone did a search before starting a new thread and getting jumped on for not doing a search.

Wise Old Owl
05-29-2009, 19:21
Sidewinder - I cannot imagine anyone - anyone who would jump on you for NOT doing a search...

Life is just too short.

How did the jam turn out? I'm guessing like bubble gum.

atraildreamer
05-30-2009, 11:47
I bought a 3 pound roast to make into jerky. After slicing and marinating the meat overnight, I decided to pressure-cook the meat before drying it into jerky. I figured that the high heat and pressure would kill any nasties that may be lurking in the beef, and eliminate the need to heat the finished jerky in the oven for 1 hour at 160 degrees, as is usually recommended. :-?

The downside: After drying for 8 hours, I removed the jerky from the drying trays only to have most it crumble into small bits! Apparently, the pressure-cooking was a bit of overkill! :eek:

On the upside, the dehydrated beef flakes (I really can't call it jerky) keeps well without freezing, etc., in an empty peanut butter jar. It mixes real well with Ramen noodles and dehydrated veggies. :)

Note: I had previously tried this with chicken and had better results...no flaking (disintegration) of the meat. I guess the old bird was tougher than the cow! :rolleyes: :banana
(Note: Originally posted at another forum.)

medicjimr
05-30-2009, 15:13
Well I am working on a batch of Chile right now that I plan on dehydrating, so far what I have done has worked well gravel, tomato sauce leather, rotini so hopefully I don't loose my stride. lol.

Grinder
05-30-2009, 15:38
totem,
Why would it puzzle you?

People are still drying food for the first time and have questions about it.

Good on them for searching first.

I'm more bothered when someone posts "how do I dehydrate food at home?" with no effort at reading the knowledge already on tap.

Manwich
05-30-2009, 17:48
Who said it puzzled me?

I was simply pointing out it was a 2-year-old thread. I didn't criticize the action.

Wise Old Owl
05-30-2009, 17:52
Well pressure cooking can be skipped, just make sure you wash your hands before touching the strips from the marinade.

Puzzles - the neat thing about threads.

LaurieAnn
05-31-2009, 10:21
Wise Old Owl is very wise indeed! The biggest issues with bacteria and food being infected with it comes from unclean hands and also cross-contamination of foods.

Phoenixdadeadhead
05-31-2009, 10:33
I have had success drying a large variety of foods in the dehydrator. I have been experimenting for 4 years and learned a lot of things. The secret to drying meat (other than hamburger) is to cook it until it falls apart. I can usually achieve this by boiling it. I then shred the meat (like pulled BBQ) and dry it and the defatted broth from the boiling. I put the dried broth in with the dried meat so the meat has all its flavor. I use this tecnique for lamb, chicken, and beef roasts. However, if you don't have to worry about cost, using canned chicken works great. It has the same consistancy.

When drying veggies, make sure you cook them thoroughly before drying. They will not rehydrate if they aren't pre cooked. I don't know why. I learned my lesson eating soup on the trail with hard veggies (I had cooked it for an hour!). Yucch.

I have not yet been successful rehydrating sausage or kielbasa.

Also, another tip is do not overdry your food. It doesn't rehydrate well at all and tastes wrong.Glad I read this, I normally just dehydrate meat in the oven for my hike, but this year I have decided to dehydrate cabbage, onions, green peppers, tomatoes, brocolli, and carrots. Should I just steam them and then dehydrate them?

Wise Old Owl
05-31-2009, 11:12
Glad I read this, I normally just dehydrate meat in the oven for my hike, but this year I have decided to dehydrate cabbage, onions, green peppers, tomatoes, brocolli, and carrots. Should I just steam them and then dehydrate them?

Unless I am mistaken there isn't a good way to do raw tomatoes, due to the stench. Hense "Sun Dried" Tomatoes. Please do not try that at home. Cabbage might also fall into that catagory, but I love the smell when my mother cooked it.

mister krabs
05-31-2009, 11:55
Unless I am mistaken there isn't a good way to do raw tomatoes, due to the stench. Hense "Sun Dried" Tomatoes. Please do not try that at home. Cabbage might also fall into that catagory, but I love the smell when my mother cooked it.

Raw tomatos work fine, though better in the oven @ 170 than in the dehydrator. Quarter up a bunch of roma tomatos, toss them in olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic and chili powder or pesto depending on your flavor preferences. Spread them out on a sheet pan and put them in the oven, either convection or with the door propped open with a spoon. They'll take a few hours to get to "raisiny-chewey" stage, but I think they smell great!

mister krabs
05-31-2009, 11:57
Got a tray with 2 lbs of steak for jerky and a can of black beans in the dehydrator right now! Getting ready for Cohutta weekend after next. :)

Wise Old Owl
05-31-2009, 12:10
Raw tomatos work fine, though better in the oven @ 170 than in the dehydrator. Quarter up a bunch of roma tomatos, toss them in olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic and chili powder or pesto depending on your flavor preferences. Spread them out on a sheet pan and put them in the oven, either convection or with the door propped open with a spoon. They'll take a few hours to get to "raisiny-chewey" stage, but I think they smell great!

Ok I will give it a try, - hopefully SHE won't kill me. I was avoiding even trying it because of a previous thread where someone reported the stench.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes. - too funny!

Phoenixdadeadhead
05-31-2009, 12:43
Thanks I will try this too. As for cabbage, I have seen a few others with cabbage, but I had never asked them how they dehydrated it. I don't have a dehydrator, so I do everything in the oven. I just have to watch it, because last batch of jerky I walked in about 4 minutes after putting it in at 180 and the oven was at like 400 so the oven is acting weird lol.

mister krabs
05-31-2009, 12:44
Ok I will give it a try, - hopefully SHE won't kill me. I was avoiding even trying it because of a previous thread where someone reported the stench.

It smells strongly, but of olive oil, tomatos , garlic and herbs, I think it's a good smell, others might say it's too strong. It helps to keep the stove hood on.

medicjimr
05-31-2009, 12:57
well the chili is dehydrated tryed a small amount out and tasted great another thing for next weeks menu on the Quehanna Trail.

mudhead
05-31-2009, 13:05
It smells strongly, but of olive oil, tomatos , garlic and herbs, I think it's a good smell, others might say it's too strong. It helps to keep the stove hood on.

So if I try this in the oven with tomatoes only, will it reek?

mister krabs
05-31-2009, 17:22
I doubt it, but the salt and pepper add flavor while the olive oil keeps them from sticking to the pan, they've got a lot of natural sugars that can make them stick pretty badly. If you're buying tomatos instead of growing them, they'll need all the flavor help they can get.

KMACK
05-31-2009, 20:56
Bananas and strawberrys for morning oatmeal. Yogurt drops. Sketti sauce, thin then freeze. Take the frozen sauce and shatter/grind it into almost powder for quick rehydration.

Phoenixdadeadhead
05-31-2009, 21:04
What about eggs? I have tried to find powdered eggs at the grocery store, but no luck, and I don't want to spend 15 or 20 bucks on some from a Hiking store and have it turn out I can't stomach them. Has anyone tried dehydrating them and how did they turn out?

sarbar
06-01-2009, 10:17
Cabbage is easy! Just shred and dry! :) Heck, you can dry the preshredded bags if one is inclined.

As for eggs, be very careful drying your own. Salmonella is a real risk.

Ova Brand eggs are what I use, the best I have found. Not cheap though. Find at www.packitgourmet.com

Phoenixdadeadhead
06-01-2009, 10:34
Cabbage is easy! Just shred and dry! :) Heck, you can dry the preshredded bags if one is inclined.

As for eggs, be very careful drying your own. Salmonella is a real risk.

Ova Brand eggs are what I use, the best I have found. Not cheap though. Find at www.packitgourmet.com (http://www.packitgourmet.com)
Price is important to me, Just blew 1000 in parts to fix my truck, which is also my source of employment, so the 3 weeks it was down I couldn't work. I have heard others say they have dehydrated their own eggs, I just would like to know how long at what temp and should you freeze them after to make a nice powder?

Snowleopard
06-01-2009, 12:18
Eggs: There was a thread some time ago on how long you can carry fresh unrefrigerated eggs. If I recall correctly the best ways to do it were to either hardboil them or to briefly put in boiling water (to kill bacteria on the outside). As long as the shells are intact apparently they last quite a while.
--Walter

Phoenixdadeadhead
06-01-2009, 13:13
Yeah not looking for non dehydrated eggs, I know some people have dehydrated them, and I wanted to know how they dehydrated their eggs. I know I read a post of some1 who said he scrambled and then dehydrated his eggs, but he did not go into details IE: at what temp did you dehydrate them at and for how long, also did you freeze the DEHYDRATED eggs and crush them into a powder?

sarbar
06-01-2009, 14:29
Yes, you can dry them. That does NOT mean they are safe! Be very, very careful with home drying eggs. A trip ruined by food poisoning from Salmonella is not worth it.

Most foods can be safely dried and enjoyed - just please, consider carefully the eggs.

As for commercial eggs, if sold in a grocery store they often hide them with the baking aisle, up high, top shelf. With stuff like powdered buttermilk and dry goats milk. Or look near the flour, the dry milk, etc. They are not the best tasting and are used in baking usually, but heavily doctored will work.

lustreking
06-01-2009, 16:05
Yes, you can dry them. That does NOT mean they are safe! Be very, very careful with home drying eggs. A trip ruined by food poisoning from Salmonella is not worth it.

Most foods can be safely dried and enjoyed - just please, consider carefully the eggs.

Are there any issues with cooking them, and then dehydrating them?

russb
06-01-2009, 18:06
Are there any issues with cooking them, and then dehydrating them?

You can cook scrambled eggs and then dry them. Put dried eggs into a food processor or blender and pulverize 'em. IMO you are better off with commercial dried eggs for the effort.... unless... you make a breakfast casserole (quiche, fritatta, etc...) and then dry that for a complete dehydrated breakfast meal.

Phoenixdadeadhead
06-01-2009, 22:49
I have been looking at the grocers and asking for the powdered eggs, but so far the only stuff they have is the liquid stuff in the fridge. From al that i have read, I should drop each egg in boiling water for 5 seconds then take them out crack them and scamble them, but I still don't know what temp or duration to dehydrate them. I plan on mixing them with other items like onions, green peppers, and tomatoes, and powdered milk. I also will use them in my dinners to add some needed protien.

russb
06-02-2009, 18:35
I have been looking at the grocers and asking for the powdered eggs, but so far the only stuff they have is the liquid stuff in the fridge. From al that i have read, I should drop each egg in boiling water for 5 seconds then take them out crack them and scamble them, but I still don't know what temp or duration to dehydrate them. I plan on mixing them with other items like onions, green peppers, and tomatoes, and powdered milk. I also will use them in my dinners to add some needed protien.

At the grocery you are looking for the products by Deb El http://mybrands.com/Product.aspx?pid=505

As was mentioned, they are really designed for baking so they are not great as eggs by themselves.

As far as cooking and drying your own, I am not sure why you would boil them first? The purpose of a 5-second boil is to take them on the trail whole. The slight cooking, protects them from spoilage. However if you get farm fresh, unwashed eggs they need no refridgeration. Plus they taste better.

vonfrick
06-03-2009, 00:36

exactly how i do it. they're great.

At the grocery you are looking for the products by Deb El http://mybrands.com/Product.aspx?pid=505

As was mentioned, they are really designed for baking so they are not great as eggs by themselves.

As far as cooking and drying your own, I am not sure why you would boil them first? The purpose of a 5-second boil is to take them on the trail whole. The slight cooking, protects them from spoilage. However if you get farm fresh, unwashed eggs they need no refridgeration. Plus they taste better.

i lived in santa cruz, ca for a year and the grocery store there didn't refrigerate the eggs at all. never seemed to be a problem. i'm more worried about them breaking in my pack! blech!

vonfrick
06-03-2009, 00:37
i was going to try gnocchi as well, thought they'd be a great dumpling with chicken, gravy, veggies, etc.

Jim Adams
06-03-2009, 02:22
Sausage is fine if you use ground sausage, cook it then rinse it in a collander with hot water to remove the grease. It dries great.

I dehydrate uncooked veggies all the time (blanch them first) and they rehydrate great and cook easy.

You can dry pirrogi's if you cook them first...they take awhile to dry but they rehydrate well if you boil water, shut off the heat and put the cooked pirrogi's in to rehydrate.

geek

LaurieAnn
06-03-2009, 17:26
I have never tried to dry perogies... I do make a pseudo perogie dish for the trail though and it's yummy. I'll have to try drying the actual perogies as it would be a great treat on our upcoming trip. Thanks.

SteveJ
06-03-2009, 20:12
great thread - my "duh, I never thought of that," moment was reading about dehydrating chili - one of our favorite food / comfort foods.

Just unplugged the dehydrator, which has been going for 3 days getting ready for my son and I doing a 5-day section hike starting Friday. Our dinner menu for the week:

* burritos (fried ground beef, drained and fat rinsed out, then put back in skillet to simmer down with burrito sauce, then dehydrated) and dehydrated a can of refried beans (there's a joke about not sleeping beneath my hammock that night, but I won't reach too far for it...)
* chili
* zatarin's rice mix, with chicken. I dehydrated 2 cans of chicken. I've never successfully rehydrated chicken - I'm trying again. Its not that what I've done in the past was inedible, it was just really tough and stringy, and never really re-hydrated - more like chicken jerky.....I read the suggestion about starting with canned chicken - we'll see how that does....
* dehydrated several apples
* last - just took my signature beef jerky off the dehydrator and sprinkled with cayenne pepper - scored when I found london broil on sale for about 2.25 a pound yesterday! Got 2.25 pounds of very lean meat, which dehydrated down to about a pound of jerky, with lots of spices!

We have enough chili and burritos for 2 nights - will decide what we're in the mood for the last night!

Thanks for all your suggestions - keep 'em coming!

LaurieAnn
06-03-2009, 21:58
wow - that's an excellent price for London Broil... score!

Wise Old Owl
06-03-2009, 22:22
Steve, Chicken that you want to bring back to rehydrated must be as small as the cubes you would find in Cambell's Chicken Soup, in order to be successful. Better to consume it as jerky strips. IMO

Allen1901
06-04-2009, 02:07

Yes. Spread it as thin as You can on parchment paper.Use medium high heat. Periodically use Your finger tips to seperate the grains (it will try to clump up). When it's dry, bag it up.

Brown rice takes longer to rehydrate than white rice. Nor does it store as long.

HTH!
Cheers!

Snowleopard
06-04-2009, 10:42
Allen1901, Thanks for the tip on brown rice. I'll give it a try. --Walter

Allen1901
06-04-2009, 15:24
Allen1901, Thanks for the tip on brown rice. I'll give it a try. --Walter

You're welcome Walter!

Cheers!

Turtle2
06-04-2009, 16:00
Met some folks on the trail who mixed salsa with cottage cheese, blended it well and then dried it. They rehydrated it on the trail as an appetizer with crackers. Said it tasted really good.

Manwich
06-04-2009, 17:00
I've got a good one

Manwich
06-04-2009, 17:00
White

Castle

Cheeseburgers...

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs048.snc1/4441_1090371776480_1142063659_30255147_1677114_n.j pg

I took 3 apart and left one fully in tact. I dabbed them every so often to remove the oil...

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs008.snc1/4441_1090372016486_1142063659_30255148_1216911_n.j pg

The intact one came out pretty hard. I was afraid it would crumble... and i needed to figure out how to rehydrate.

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs048.snc1/4441_1090372136489_1142063659_30255149_5802134_n.j pg

I elevated it in a sealed pot of boiling water (adding SOME water to the top bun) and steamed it for 10 minutes.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs048.snc1/4441_1090372456497_1142063659_30255150_2056513_n.j pg

Tasted just like white castles do! (like crap!)

Now I can enjoy dysfunctional colonic episodes while hiking!

Dicentra
06-08-2009, 00:03
I haven't but I have two packages laying around! Methinks I will do it tomorrow!

I bet the mini gnocchis would work. (available at World Market) I think the regular ones would be to big/bulky to dry properly. You'd get crunchy bits on the outside and the inside won't be dry enough.

Blog it! I'm excited to see your results!

sarbar
06-08-2009, 09:32
Yeah, Di...I need to try it. I got so busy I didn't - Oops!

Allen1901
06-08-2009, 16:44
I've got a good one

Thanks for the post! I'm drying some burgers now to try this.

Cheers!

Dicentra
06-09-2009, 12:23
Yeah, Di...I need to try it. I got so busy I didn't - Oops!

Isn't there a boxed dry gnocchi product?? I'm trying to remember where I saw that - World Market? Trader Joes? I may even have a box in the pantry. I'll have to look... I *know* I have a box of instant spatzel.

sarbar
06-09-2009, 12:59
Isn't there a boxed dry gnocchi product?? I'm trying to remember where I saw that - World Market? Trader Joes? I may even have a box in the pantry. I'll have to look... I *know* I have a box of instant spatzel.

World Market. Yes, I know I have seen it as well.