PDA

View Full Version : car parking in Salisbury, CT

mark schofield
06-02-2007, 22:45
any local businesses like motels or garages that will safely park a car for a reasonable fee while doing a week long hike north from Salisbury? rather than parking off the road on a trail head. thanks, Mark S

gsingjane
06-03-2007, 13:00
I have left my car several times at the Rt. 41 parking area just south of Plateau and have never had a problem. Longest was 4 nights. It's not an isolated area at all, there's a lot of in & out day traffic, and it should be pretty safe there. Other than that, I don't know of other venues but unless you really have a specific reason to worry, I think this might be a good option for you.

Jane in CT

LIhikers
07-24-2007, 07:27
My wife and I left our car in the trailhead parking lot for a week in the summer of '05 with no problem. There're houses on each side of the lot that are so close that I'd bet it would discourage vandalism.

LUMP
07-24-2007, 12:34
As a CT Ridgerunner, I have heard enough stories as to suggest not leaving your car at the "Lions Head" trailhead for that long. I would suggest asking Maria McCabe who takes in hikers at her house just down the road, if you can leave the car at her place. (Maybe offer a modest fee)