PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix Motel in Gatlinburg

smokymtnsteve
09-29-2003, 23:15
for many seasons now hikers have enjoyed the hospitality and inexpensive room rates at the Grand Prix in gatlinburg Tn..

on the section hike I just finished I stayed in the Grand Prix as I have many times before but was saddened to learn that It had been sold and new management was taking over the next day. This is the end of an era.....sorry to see the ole Grand Prix change..

Tried to talk with the new owner\manager but they were real busy and had no time..hopefully they will be hiker friendly but I expect room rates to increase and g'burg can already be a expensive town if your not careful and even if you careful. so if your making plans for G'burg..keep this in mind.

I gave the new manager my e-mail address and she said she would contact me with info. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

manzana
09-30-2003, 08:12
Are you trying to tell us the new owners are Grand Prix?? 8-)

manzana

Lone Wolf
09-30-2003, 08:34
I started the whole Grand Prix thing back in 1987 when a popular motel across the street had closed. I told the owner how to get listed in the Philosopher's Guide. This will be the 5th owner since then so I doubt rates will change much.

smokymtnsteve
09-30-2003, 11:33
well I hope not to Lone wolf..but I kinda think they might ..time will tell...

Flash Hand
08-11-2004, 18:55
I went to Days Inn in Gatlinburg unexpedctionally due to leg injury. The room rate is kinda too much for me. I want to know if Grand Prix motel is still in same condition, and the rate is still the same.. if so, where would I find it?

Flash Hand :jump

Lilred
08-11-2004, 22:27
Here's the number for the Grand Prix Hotel...

Give them a call...

Grand Prix Motel : Gatlinburg, 865-436-4561, 800-732-2802

Ewker
10-30-2006, 17:18
I stayed there last Friday night. I got the hiker's rate which I thought was good based on motel prices in G'burg. There were a few hikers staying there that had come off the trail due to the bad weather in the Smokies last wee.

Webs
10-30-2006, 21:51
the owners were very kind and talkative ;) came and picked us up from teh trail (we have the worst time hitching! :confused: ) and always checked up on us to see if we needed anything. very caring, and the rate was fine, nothing noticeably high or low.