PDA

View Full Version : Is AquaMira allowed on planes?

TwoForty
06-04-2007, 22:17
TSA says "Chlorine for Pools and Spas" are banned from carry on and checked baggage.

I found this info though.

3. Is there chlorine in chlorine dioxide?
No, there is no chlorine in chlorine dioxide. Although chlorine dioxide has the word chlorine in its name, the two chemicals have completely different chemical structures. The additional oxygen atom radically changes the molecule and creates completely different chemical behaviors and by-products. Their differences are as profound as those between hydrogen, the explosive gas, and hydrogen combined with oxygen, which creates dihydrogen oxide—commonly called water.

I'm still not sure if they'll let me take it since it says not to let it contact your skin or eyes and one of the bottles says phosphoric acid.

Tipper
06-05-2007, 12:01
I packed mine in checked luggage and didn't have a problem.

Appalachian Tater
06-05-2007, 16:15
The bottle is under 3 ounces. If it's in a quart ziplock with your other liquids and gels it should be no problem, they probably won't even notice it.

Note that if it is considered bleach, you aren't supposed to check it either. (Usually "bleach" refers to sodium hypochlorite.)

Whatever you do, don't argue with them or you'll miss your flight or even end up on the no-fly list.

rhjanes
06-05-2007, 16:57
just tell 'em it's liquid "TB" :D