PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore Jack cooks again!

TOW
06-05-2007, 09:30
The last two days has been a bustle of hikers coming through my kitchen eating delicacies that Baltimore Jack with his culinary skills have been conjuring up with food left over from Trail Days that Tyvek, Matthewski, and Blister Sister left in my refrigerator.

Tyvek bought a big ole fat steak and meant to cook it up before he left. That didn't happen, so it got tossed into the freezer. Then Matty and Blister bought a big baking ham and that didn't get cooked at Trail Days either, so I tossed it into the freezer as well.

Baltimore Jack, Fox, Bfitz, and Jones are all hiking the trail together this year. Last week they were dropped off at Partnership Shelter so they could hike back to Damascus. Jack and Fox along with some stray called Hippy, or Pippy, made it back to Damascus before Bfitz and Jones because they are "Super Duper Hikers" just like me.

While Bfitz and Jones are still out there slow poking back to town, Jack has been cooking and shoving food down our unwilling throats. In fact we have had to kidnap about five hikers last night and hold my C02 Pistol on them to make sure they ate darn near all of it. Sometimes you just got to get your point across you know.

I'm telling you that doggone Jack knows how to cook! When I get my twenty five star hostel going here in Damascus, Virginia I think we will let Jack be the chef.

That steak that Tyvek left fed five people Sunday night! Then the ham that Matty and Sister bought fed seven!

I hope that every hiker that ate at my house including Brother T will have it firmly implanted in their minds that "People Are The Trail" when their hike is over. Hutch of '01 coined that term while he and Takoma Ted hiked on the trail together and Ted wrote a song about that phrase and sang it at Trail Days.

Last Friday night Hutch and a few of us "locals" were entertained by some good music as well. In fact Uncle Silly has played his banjo in my front yard last week when he dropped his maiden Wonder off at my house.

Memories..............

Some of my most memorable times when I lived on the trail was good eating and good people sharing that spot with me.

I don't know how much longer I will be able to keep my place and my phone open to the hiking community. I have not been able to work enough to bring in the money that is needed to pay the bills. I have been sick too much this past year to hold down a steady job. Today I am on my way to the hospital to sign papers for financial help so that I can get some more testing done so that the doctors can narrow down the problem that is causing my blood clots.

I have truly enjoyed what I have experienced so far with some of the people that I have crossed paths with on my front porch as we have talked and shared a meal together. Some of them just needed to make a phone call home to tell their loved ones about their adventure.

You know what is so cool, Jack and I have disagreed on several things on www.whiteblaze.net (http://www.whiteblaze.net/) and we are able to look past the differences with each other and enjoy a time like what has been happening at my house. We'll probably have a few more disagreements in the future.

As soon as Bfitz and Jones get their slow fanny's in here Jack and I will have to shove food down their winy pipes too!

Larry Riddle
a.k.a. "The Only Wanderer" 06-05-07

Lone Wolf
06-05-2007, 10:15
steak and ham are very difficult to cook

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-05-2007, 12:06
Wolf is hard to cook :D. Glad to hear BJ is cooking. Wish I could sample some of the fare. Give BJ a hug from the dino.

cannonball
06-05-2007, 12:41
Looks like I left to soon.:datz

TOW
06-05-2007, 12:59
but much easier to eat...................

Jaybird
06-05-2007, 13:04
Quick!...

Somebody take away the spatula!:D

Pacific Tortuga
06-05-2007, 13:49
Bfitz and Jones are eatung just fine at the VERY hiker friendly,

'Jerry's Kitchen & Goods' in Troutdale, VA. Jerrys wife just made some fried

rice and spring rolls. TOW, your a great host and hope your able to tend to

your medical needs .......... Thank you.

P.S. say hi to Wally at Dave's Place for me ;)

pipesmoke
06-05-2007, 14:17
Wolf is hard to cook :D. Glad to hear BJ is cooking. Wish I could sample some of the fare. Give BJ a hug from the dino.
ALSO HARD TO CHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOW
06-05-2007, 15:01
P.S. say hi to Wally at Dave's Place for me ;)
you know wally loves ya......................:rolleyes:

TOW
06-05-2007, 15:02
ALSO HARD TO CHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!

i see you learn fast...................

mweinstone
06-05-2007, 15:04
prayers for you my brother in christ. non for bfitz, he likes saten! kidding. you could offer the dude my shirt if he needs it. as for you my supersized friend, there may be a suprise waiting for you at the post office soon. details later. just showed my art to a gallery and sent them all into a fluster of praise. my art is strong enough to support us all one day. me , you and all the needy in this world are in my prayers. baltimore jack is a kind heart to cook for dirty smelly hikers. hes pritty near a saint. im really happy he dosnt tourture us by cooking and eating without shareing. hes a one of a kind that BLOjack. and the dudes learning alot about happyness by now im sure. him and jack are a weird pairing and a good one. i like weird good. jones is perfect for brendan. they really make a sugary sweet couple. im hoping they marry and birth. and as for our resident TOW missile saten defence system,....im sure russia wont mind if we deploy the only wanderers sheild over parts of europe. his prayer power was rated by an independent prayer testing labratory and givin the highest seal of approval by good housekeeping. the folded hands prayer award will be presented in a special ceromonie at 8 pm sharp on the evening of the rapture. it will be in heavens main hall . god will read the dedication to wanderer in a private ceromonie to be held in the only wanderers room in the mansion. later that eve, matthewski will play the lute as angels adorn tow in his toga.size xl. oh and lord? no starch on larrys toga please. hes allergic. and id like to order a glass of hevenly necter and some dates and figs for his bedtime snack lord. if its not too much trouble. otherwise we will dine in the banquet room with the saints. thanks again lord. as usuall , all my love, your faithfilled son, mat.

Jack Tarlin
06-05-2007, 16:29
Just wanted to take a minute and thank TOW for his kindness the past few days.

He's helped out hundreds of hikers this year, especially with the free phone service he provides. And it's been a blast having a real kitchen to play in, I thought Kincora was gonna be the last one for awhile.

We've had a great stay in Damascus. Dude and I will be getting back on the Trail where we left off (near Marion) in a few days; hope to some of you out there. Really looking forward to Virginia this year, especially some planned blue-blazes, side trails, waterfalls I've never seen, etc. Not being committed to a purist thru-hike, or ANY sorta thru hike for that matter, opens up all sorts of options, all of them good ones. And hiking in Northern Vermont this summer seems like a much better idea than eastern Pennsylvania. Also hoping to be in Hanover in mid-August so I can see some of the folks I hiked with in Georgia and NC. Any of you who'll be in NH then should drop on by.

Other quick Damascus notes: The fine folks at Dots are still wonderful; the newish Coffee Shop, Mojo's, serves good stuff; hikers are STILL screwing the
folks at the Place by overstaying and/or not paying for their stay :mad: ; the folks at the Public Library are very hiker-friendly; the Yuengling at the Baja Cafe is very cold; and Dave and his staff at Mt. Rogers Outfitters are still running one of the very finest shops on the whole Trail.

Oh, and Lone Wolf is a helluva lot more personable in person than he is on-line, but most folks aready knew that. I think.

StarLyte
06-05-2007, 16:33

HA HA HA HA

Hey Jack, Mala wants to know if you washed your hands first :D

Save your best for the Billville Hiker Feed.

Wouldn't want you to get worn out either.

tekiechick
06-05-2007, 17:15
I don't know how much longer I will be able to keep my place and my phone open to the hiking community. I have not been able to work enough to bring in the money that is needed to pay the bills. I have been sick too much this past year to hold down a steady job. Today I am on my way to the hospital to sign papers for financial help so that I can get some more testing done so that the doctors can narrow down the problem that is causing my blood clots.

Perhaps a bit off topic...

I've been on either coumadin or Lovenox since '94. My hemotologist ran a simple series of bloodtests to pinpoint the problem. In my experience, the first set of tests looked for the most common things: Protein C, Protein S imbalances. The second set of tests went a bit deeper (DNA level, I believe) and finally showed a Factor V Leiden gene mutation that makes my blood clot about 5x more than normal. I was told that sometimes variables can combine to worsen the condition. I got "lucky" and only have one of these variables, so the medicine controls it.

Hopefully, you'll only have one variable to manage as well. A quick note: if you are currently taking coumadin, talk to your dr. about whether or not you should be limiting your Vitamin K intake (mostly leafy greens). I'm NOT a dr., but from what I'm told by mine, Coumadin is a sort of Vitamin K blocker, which is why it works. Eating large amounts of K could offset its effects.

Best wishes...

cannonball
06-05-2007, 17:18
True words Jack spoke about L. Wolf. After meeting him and spending a bit of time with him, I told Wolf that he was'nt half the pr*ck that he would have people believe.:eek:

Gaiter
06-05-2007, 17:47
In fact we have had to kidnap about five hikers last night and hold my C02 Pistol on them to make sure they ate darn near all of it. Sometimes you just got to get your point across you know.

As soon as Bfitz and Jones get their slow fanny's in here Jack and I will have to shove food down their winy pipes too!

:confused: i didn't know you had to force food down hikers throats, i thought it went down automatically :confused: ;)

mweinstone
06-05-2007, 18:32
sir baltimore jack tarlin is a thruhiking godess.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-05-2007, 18:48
Wolf is hard to cook :D. ....ALSO HARD TO CHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm not sure about the rest, but the toes are chunchy.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-05-2007, 18:50
Prayers are rising for your situation, Larry.

Nightwalker
06-05-2007, 19:11
Prayers are rising for your situation, Larry.

Throw some for me, too. Blood coming from places that it doth not belong...

The speed of the Doc's appointment was worrying enough. Told 'em at 4:40 this PM, appointment is at 9:40 AM tomorrow!

My Grand-dad died of colon cancer and my gut hurts pretty bad, but I'm just a pussy anyway, so who knows. :sun

Here's the real-suck part. Before the surprise in the turlet this morning, my wife was to take me back to the trail to continue my hike today! ARGGGHHH!!! :(

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-05-2007, 19:53
Prayers for you as well, nightwalker. Keep us posted. You're an improtant part of our community.

Nightwalker
06-05-2007, 22:02
You're an important part of our community.

I want some of what you're smokin'. Chitlins maybe? :eek:

Jester2000
06-05-2007, 23:08
Hey Jack -- let me know, if you can, where I should send the sticks so they'll get to Fox. I've got them packed up and ready to go. A place I can UPS to would be best. Thanks!

smokymtnsteve
06-06-2007, 00:32
I want some of what you're smokin'. Chitlins maybe? :eek:

come on up to AK Frank, and U can have some of what I'm smoking and I gaurantee IT AIN"T CHITLINS....

TOW
06-06-2007, 08:29
prayers for you my brother in christ. non for bfitz, he likes saten! kidding. you could offer the dude my shirt if he needs it. as for you my supersized friend, there may be a suprise waiting for you at the post office soon. details later. just showed my art to a gallery and sent them all into a fluster of praise. my art is strong enough to support us all one day. me , you and all the needy in this world are in my prayers. baltimore jack is a kind heart to cook for dirty smelly hikers. hes pritty near a saint. im really happy he dosnt tourture us by cooking and eating without shareing. hes a one of a kind that BLOjack. and the dudes learning alot about happyness by now im sure. him and jack are a weird pairing and a good one. i like weird good. jones is perfect for brendan. they really make a sugary sweet couple. im hoping they marry and birth. and as for our resident TOW missile saten defence system,....im sure russia wont mind if we deploy the only wanderers sheild over parts of europe. his prayer power was rated by an independent prayer testing labratory and givin the highest seal of approval by good housekeeping. the folded hands prayer award will be presented in a special ceromonie at 8 pm sharp on the evening of the rapture. it will be in heavens main hall . god will read the dedication to wanderer in a private ceromonie to be held in the only wanderers room in the mansion. later that eve, matthewski will play the lute as angels adorn tow in his toga.size xl. oh and lord? no starch on larrys toga please. hes allergic. and id like to order a glass of hevenly necter and some dates and figs for his bedtime snack lord. if its not too much trouble. otherwise we will dine in the banquet room with the saints. thanks again lord. as usuall , all my love, your faithfilled son, mat.
Wow! That's all I have to say about you Matty. Wow! Thankyou brother.

He says "If you do unto the least of these, you do unto Me." And you can take that one to the bank.

TOW
06-06-2007, 08:32
HA HA HA HA

Hey Jack, Mala wants to know if you washed your hands first :D

Save your best for the Billville Hiker Feed.

Wouldn't want you to get worn out either.
Listen, if BJ washed his hands the food would have no flavor.........:D

TOW
06-06-2007, 08:36
Perhaps a bit off topic...

I've been on either coumadin or Lovenox since '94. My hemotologist ran a simple series of bloodtests to pinpoint the problem. In my experience, the first set of tests looked for the most common things: Protein C, Protein S imbalances. The second set of tests went a bit deeper (DNA level, I believe) and finally showed a Factor V Leiden gene mutation that makes my blood clot about 5x more than normal. I was told that sometimes variables can combine to worsen the condition. I got "lucky" and only have one of these variables, so the medicine controls it.

Hopefully, you'll only have one variable to manage as well. A quick note: if you are currently taking coumadin, talk to your dr. about whether or not you should be limiting your Vitamin K intake (mostly leafy greens). I'm NOT a dr., but from what I'm told by mine, Coumadin is a sort of Vitamin K blocker, which is why it works. Eating large amounts of K could offset its effects.

Best wishes...
I've been taking Coumadin for a year now. At first they tell you to watch your intake of vitamin K for the reasons you stated. But then I came across some research that said you can eat your veggies as well but you have to adjust your dosage. So that's what I have been doing.

TOW
06-06-2007, 08:38
:confused: i didn't know you had to force food down hikers throats, i thought it went down automatically :confused: ;)
that's only a figment of everyones imagination.................:rolleyes:

TOW
06-06-2007, 08:40
sir baltimore jack tarlin is a thruhiking godess.
shhhhhhhhhhh............everyone will think, well you know what they will think......................:p

TOW
06-06-2007, 08:43
Throw some for me, too. Blood coming from places that it doth not belong...

The speed of the Doc's appointment was worrying enough. Told 'em at 4:40 this PM, appointment is at 9:40 AM tomorrow!

My Grand-dad died of colon cancer and my gut hurts pretty bad, but I'm just a pussy anyway, so who knows. :sun

Here's the real-suck part. Before the surprise in the turlet this morning, my wife was to take me back to the trail to continue my hike today! ARGGGHHH!!! :(
Anyone on here that is a prayer warrior, pray for Nightwalker right now! We need Frank to stick around for awhile, he adds much spice to the trail community! Besides the girls at Dot's want him back to take the show over on Karoke night!

TOW
06-06-2007, 08:45
come on up to AK Frank, and U can have some of what I'm smoking and I gaurantee IT AIN"T CHITLINS....
I think some of the smoke is wafting down here. I was wondering what that distinct aroma was...........?

Nightwalker
06-06-2007, 08:46

Don't know if I could handle it. Might be fun to try.

Jack Tarlin
06-06-2007, 17:07
Well......we had one final big breakfast this morning, and then closed the kitchen . Thanx to TOW for the hospitality (sleeping in a private room w/comfortable double bed really IS a nice change). Waiting for Bfitz and company to arrive from the North, then adios Damascus. Supposed to get very hot in the next few days but really looking forward to the next stretch, as I haven't seen some of it since 2003; also, Bag 'O Trix is allegedly vacationing in Southwest Virginia next week which should be fun; am looking forward to seeing him HIKE some this year, instead of driving all over God's creation feeding and spoiling hikers who have it too easy already. Unless of course he wants to spoil and drive ME all over God's creation, which of course is a different matter altogether. Will write again from Pearisburg.

mweinstone
06-06-2007, 17:13
jack im sending you some cash at parisburg. okay? i want to contribute to your hike. call me 215 668 0898. it will be there at the walmart im sure they have western union.

Jack Tarlin
06-06-2007, 17:19
Geez, Matty, thanx but instead:

1. Send it to the ATC.
2. Give it to your local Humane Society or No-Kill Animal Shelter.
3. Better yet, send it to TOW who I guarantee will feed hikers with it.

4. Save a few bucks, maybe, and we'll put it to good use in Duncannon in a
few weeks!

Lone Wolf
06-06-2007, 17:29

1. Send it to the ATC.

few weeks!

5. Send it to me so I can help Dot pay her mortgage

Lugnut
06-06-2007, 18:16
5. Send it to me so I can help Dot pay her mortgage

$2.00 at a time? :D

StarLyte
06-06-2007, 19:30
Looks like a big hug is in order here...to many of you...for many different things.

Take care y'all.

mweinstone
06-07-2007, 00:10
mmmmmmm marsha starlyte hug. weirdo feel less weird. thanky

TOW
06-07-2007, 11:17
Well......we had one final big breakfast this morning, and then closed the kitchen . Thanx to TOW for the hospitality (sleeping in a private room w/comfortable double bed really IS a nice change). Waiting for Bfitz and company to arrive from the North, then adios Damascus. Supposed to get very hot in the next few days but really looking forward to the next stretch, as I haven't seen some of it since 2003; also, Bag 'O Trix is allegedly vacationing in Southwest Virginia next week which should be fun; am looking forward to seeing him HIKE some this year, instead of driving all over God's creation feeding and spoiling hikers who have it too easy already. Unless of course he wants to spoil and drive ME all over God's creation, which of course is a different matter altogether. Will write again from Pearisburg.
Baltimore Jack rocked! To all who has read this thread, let Jack cook for you if you live along the trail. Let him invite the hikers for a meal because any hiker that knows him or has heard of him will feel that they have got to rub shoulders with a legend and you will have a great experience as well.

And let me tell you something, that is very important to the thru hikers because "People Are The Trail!"

Lion King
06-07-2007, 11:59
Please god tell me he washed his hands!!!!

LOL

Hope all is well in Dam-ass-kiss OW

Lion King
06-07-2007, 12:00

1. Send it to the ATC.

few weeks!

or to the official

SAVE MISS JANETS FUND
Erwin TN

TOW
06-07-2007, 12:17
or to the official

SAVE MISS JANETS FUND
Erwin TN
After talking to Janet the other day on the phone I think she is looking forward to a rest for awhile..........

TOW
06-07-2007, 12:18
Please god tell me he washed his hands!!!!

LOL

Hope all is well in Dam-ass-kiss OW
Jack was very clean about his business.............

Nightwalker
06-08-2007, 01:53
Anyone on here that is a prayer warrior, pray for Nightwalker right now! We need Frank to stick around for awhile, he adds much spice to the trail community! Besides the girls at Dot's want him back to take the show over on Karaoke night!

The surgeon said that it's probably internal hemorrhoids, and one busted. Yuk, eh? I went from being a pain in the ass to having one!

They'll do a full colon-scoping (lost the name) while they have me asleep and fix what they find then (Lima bean, anyone?). Until then, I'm supposed to lay down a lot. Curse, swear and all that.

The surgeon says that backpacking makes hemorrhoids worse. I have never heard of that. Has anyone else?

Anyway, that's an embarrassing problem, but since I came on all dramatic, I thought I'd better tell the real story when I got it.

Hey, be nice to them Dot's girls. I love 'em all, and they like me a little too. :sun

TOW
06-08-2007, 10:23
The surgeon said that it's probably internal hemorrhoids, and one busted. Yuk, eh? I went from being a pain in the ass to having one!

They'll do a full colon-scoping (lost the name) while they have me asleep and fix what they find then (Lima bean, anyone?). Until then, I'm supposed to lay down a lot. Curse, swear and all that.

The surgeon says that backpacking makes hemorrhoids worse. I have never heard of that. Has anyone else?

Anyway, that's an embarrassing problem, but since I came on all dramatic, I thought I'd better tell the real story when I got it.

Hey, be nice to them Dot's girls. I love 'em all, and they like me a little too. :sun
at least you ain't dying on us, and them ladies at Dot's want me to let you know they'll take care of them hemroids for ya and put them back in the proper place, just come on up and woo them with that delicate voice of yours.............:D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-08-2007, 10:51
Glad Nightwalker's problem is on its way to be fixed - now to get TOW fixed (ouch - that didn't sound right :D)

peanuts
06-08-2007, 11:17
fd, i like that! spewing coffee on friends flatscreen:D

bfitz
06-08-2007, 11:31
I missed Jack's food, but TOW's chicken beans and rice last night after a long day hiking was a god-send. Literally.

TOW
06-08-2007, 11:35
I missed Jack's food, but TOW's chicken beans and rice last night after a long day hiking was a god-send. Literally.
Thanx bro! I'm glad you weren't there when I killed and butchered that buzzard, whoops I meant chicken!

mweinstone
06-08-2007, 18:49
bfitz? come in dingbat. over. are you still at larrys? are you at dots? are you at the laundrymat? are you at mt rogers? are you with wolf and gypsy? are you are you are you are you are you my broski?

mweinstone
06-08-2007, 18:52
bfitz? come in dingbat. over. are you still at larrys? are you at dots? are you at the laundrymat? are you at mt rogers? are you with wolf and gypsy? are you are you are you are you are you my broski?

bfitz? are you a dingbat? over.

bfitz
06-08-2007, 20:09
Broski, I'm here in damascus. Still. But leaving soon. I swear. Off to pillage the pizza buffet one last time. Will contact you soon.

Love,
bfitz

Heater
06-08-2007, 20:27
Broski, I'm here in damascus. Still. But leaving soon. I swear. Off to pillage the pizza buffet one last time. Will contact you soon.

Love,
bfitz

Oh, that is so sweet! ;);)

Lone Wolf
06-08-2007, 21:12

Love,
bfitz

i vouch for him(them). big appetite after an air conditioned movie and 0 hiking today.

mweinstone
06-09-2007, 06:18
zerotative
zerostic
zorro
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......
silly little zero boy,...hike some trail like a man!
zero zorros. i tell ya we got zero zorros these days. why i can remember the woods full of z's.

Nightwalker
06-09-2007, 10:12
zerotative
zerostic
zorro
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......
silly little zero boy,...hike some trail like a man!
zero zorros. i tell ya we got zero zorros these days. why i can remember the woods full of z's.

This sitting home waiting for the buttectomy is killing me. Gonna do something non-standard. Dayhike, anyone? :)

bfitz
06-09-2007, 11:42
This sitting home waiting for the buttectomy is killing me. Gonna do something non-standard.Ouch!:eek:

mweinstone
06-09-2007, 11:44
bfitz is a butt..........

bfitz
06-09-2007, 11:49
i vouch for him(them). big appetite after an air conditioned movie and 0 hiking today.
BTW everyone, Pirates of the Caribbean III is worse than you could possibly imagine it could be. Truly. Save your money for the new Fantastic 4/Silver Surfer (my favorite as a kid) movie comes out on my birthday! I can take some solace in the fact that we still averaged about 8.5 miles per day for the week. :p

camojack
06-09-2007, 12:49
BTW everyone, Pirates of the Caribbean III is worse than you could possibly imagine it could be. Truly. Save your money for the new Fantastic 4/Silver Surfer (my favorite as a kid) movie comes out on my birthday! I can take some solace in the fact that we still averaged about 8.5 miles per day for the week. :p

I was planning to miss Pirates III...as soon as I could. The second one sucked pretty hard, too...like shelters on the A.T. :eek:

The next "Die Hard" sequel will be out in a couple of weeks; that I plan to go see... :)

TOW
06-09-2007, 15:27
I wish they would make a movie called "The Bear 2." Anyone see "The Bear?"

smokymtnsteve
06-09-2007, 15:35
I see bears all the time..big ole grizzs..cept theys is REAL,

yesterday I watched a Bald Eagle, catch and then eat a salmon, who the heck needs a movie;)

TOW
06-09-2007, 15:38
I see bears all the time..big ole grizzs..cept theys is REAL,

yesterday I watched a Bald Eagle, catch and then eat a salmon, who the heck needs a movie;)
I remember watching Bald Eagles catch trout along the Snake River in Wyoming..............

smokymtnsteve
06-09-2007, 15:46
now ifn I kin jist catch me some salmon...hopin to go do some combat fishin up to the kenai/Russian river confluence ina few days,

TOW
06-09-2007, 16:45
combating with them eagles?

smokymtnsteve
06-09-2007, 20:11
combating with them eagles?

naw..combat fishin is when youhave a WHOLE LOTS of folks standing side by side onthe river banks all casting to catch the herd of salmon as they congregate,,,now wilderness experience to it at all, jist protein harvesting

saimyoji
06-12-2007, 09:04
jist protein harvesting

Perfect candidate for out of context quote. :eek:

Heater
06-13-2007, 08:22
Perfect candidate for out of context quote. :eek:

They does alotta fishin in alasky. Not meny wimmins up thar.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-13-2007, 10:01
There will be a lotta woman up there when the dino arrives - just sayin'

smokymtnsteve
06-13-2007, 16:16
They does alotta fishin in alasky. Not meny wimmins up thar.

Actually there are plenty of wimmins in Alasky...take the UNIVERSITY OF ALASKA FAIRBANKS...more women than men,,,as is the population of FBKS...

personally I know mostly women in Alaska,,,

when becoming a official AK resident there are a few proper-ganda statements/requests your are required to repeat.

1) the weather is terrible (stay away)

2) cost of living is high (send money)

3) there are not many women ( send more women)

It seems that folks mostly believe this proper-ganda ;)

leeki pole
06-13-2007, 16:28
There will be a lotta woman up there when the dino arrives - just sayin'
so, are you sayin'..."deadliest catch"???

:::cues bon jovi, "wanted, dead or alive:::::)

smokymtnsteve
06-13-2007, 16:30
http://www.alaskagirlsclothing.com/index.php?eID=tx_cms_showpic&file=uploads%2Fpics%2Fakgka_sticker_01.jpg&width=400m&height=400&bodyTag=%3CBODY%20bgColor%3Dblack%3E&wrap=%3CA%20href%3D%22javascript%3Aclose%28%29%3B% 22%3E%20%7C%20%3C%2FA%3E&md5=ee47c8b2ecd9d3a2e0e119d4e6e9c0e5

Heater
06-13-2007, 16:36
Wanna tell you a story
'Bout a woman I know
When it comes to lovin'
Oh she steals the show
She ain't exactly pretty
Ain't exactly small
Forty-two, thirty-nine, fifty-six
You could say she's got it all

:banana

Jester2000
06-14-2007, 18:30
. . .personally I know mostly women in Alaska,,,

Should read "I know most of the women in Alaska."

smokymtnsteve
06-14-2007, 18:48
Should read "I know most of the women in Alaska."

no not all of them ...I just don't know many men in AK ..mostly women.

seems everywhar U turn up here theys always some woman....

lots of girls at the waste transfer station...real cool hippie types,

the myth is that there aren't many women in AK just isn't true.

lots of female dog mushers in AK,

just for some reason I have meet mostly women in AK,,,

I have also meet my special woman in AK....

been with her two years,,,one night she jist showed up at my cabin that's a mile and half hike from the road,,,with her backback,,,and we have lived happily ever after.

Jester2000
06-14-2007, 18:57
lots of girls at the waste transfer station...real cool hippie types. . .

"Back before Smokey Mountain Steve got all mushy on one girl, he and I used to pick up women all the time. Where?

Mostly the waste transfer station."

smokymtnsteve
06-14-2007, 19:12
one afteernoon at the waste transfer station this pick up truck comes barrlin in ...this chick dressed in a short pink mini- dress and high heels jumps out, gets in the back of the PU and starts throwing trash into the dumpster, then U know how you sometimes kick trash out of the back of a truck kinda with the side of your boots,,,well she did this with her high heels, then she jumps off the tailgate, miniskirt flies, lands on them highheels, jumps in the truck and spins tires on the way out ...I wuz plumb excited. I LUV ALASKA.

http://www.alaskagirlsclothing.com/index.php?eID=tx_cms_showpic&file=uploads%2Fpics%2Fow_sticker_01.jpg&width=400m&height=400&bodyTag=%3CBODY%20bgColor%3Dblack%3E&wrap=%3CA%20href%3D%22javascript%3Aclose%28%29%3B% 22%3E%20%7C%20%3C%2FA%3E&md5=c2923c511bbbeb55e13da266b46e0e97

Jester2000
06-14-2007, 20:16
I'm moving to Alaska.

smokymtnsteve
06-14-2007, 20:27
I'm moving to Alaska.

when taking the AK resident pledge you agree to ALWAYS repeat the warnings and requests to potenial refugees from the lower 49 aka OUTSIDE.

1) the weather is horrible you'll probably frezze ( don't move up here)

2) cost of living is high ( send money)

3) there are not enough women in AK ( send more women)