PDA

View Full Version : thrukike: tonight at 9 on abc!

mweinstone
06-06-2007, 07:19
can a reality show be succesfull useing the trail as its stage? how could it be fun? obviously the contestants must have no hiking exsperience. that is givin. and obviously the rules will be purist hiking. miss a blaze and you must go back. the only other rule i can see would be if you leave a trace you go back and if you get to katadin first, one million dollars would be the prize. how could this work?

Lone Wolf
06-06-2007, 07:22
can a reality show be succesfull useing the trail as its stage?

no. the AT is too easy. not challenging enuf.

mweinstone
06-06-2007, 07:25
your challenging.

its hard if you have to get there first amugst a bunch of money grubbing weirdos stumbeling north at a rate of one broken bone per show. i wanna see em drop.

icemanat95
06-06-2007, 07:38
can a reality show be succesfull useing the trail as its stage? how could it be fun? obviously the contestants must have no hiking exsperience. that is givin. and obviously the rules will be purist hiking. miss a blaze and you must go back. the only other rule i can see would be if you leave a trace you go back and if you get to katadin first, one million dollars would be the prize. how could this work?

Edits needed in subject line.

camojack
06-06-2007, 08:34
Edits needed in subject line.

Ummm...yeah. Unless he wants to limit it to those of the Hebrew persuasion, who also don't mind being identified by an insult.

Methinks 'twas just a typo, tho'... :-?

mweinstone
06-06-2007, 08:44
yes ... it was a typo. now the anti-defamation league will be after me ... i changed the post, but now the header still says what it did before ... help! :eek:

Nightwalker
06-06-2007, 08:52
Ummm...yeah. Unless he wants to limit it to those of the Hebrew persuasion, who also don't mind being identified by an insult.

Methinks 'twas just a typo, tho'... :-?

Mattie don't make mistakes.

But it's kinda like "if you'se one you can say it." I'm allowed to say that I'm f'ing crazy, but y'all ain't. Or something like that.

Johnny Thunder
06-06-2007, 09:07

So how do you see this working? I see two options:

Option 1: Sedate an entire classroom full of middle-amerikan college freshman and set them loose with North-Face-Product-Placement gear at the foot of Springer. Contestants are given one directional item (ie. one map, one guidebook, one compass, etc) a la "Battle Royale". You ever see that? It's that one in the bleak appocalyptic future where the kids take over and in an effort to keep them in line adults kidnap a class at random and make them kill each other on TV until the last one stands. WWE Films just made this into a Stone Cold Steve Austin Movie It could be like that.

Option 1(b): Or contestants could be released from Springer at intervals and tracked down by a crack thru-hiking team of Lone Wolf, Balt. Jack, and The Dude. When they're caught they do battle in each "Stalker's" Bonus Level. Bryson'd be there saying "Don't Touch That Dial."

Option 2: Beautiful MTV-generation contestants arrive at geographically convenient transit locations and start pairing/coupling-up wondering drivel like, "I wonder who else will be here/how hard this will be/how I'll do my nails." Don't forget the mass-market gear tie ins! Then they'll start hiking North in a big pack making a whole heap of noise. After the first week Amerika will get to vote to keep their favorite beautiful one on the trail with the losers being sent home. The schedule is set as rigid so if you fall behind you get no camera time and no votes. I think R Lee Emery should be the host...I'm seein' a great scene where he get's right in their Shelter-loving faces and says, "God has a hard-on for hikers because we eat everything we see! He plays His games, we play ours!" Crap, all of our best writers work in reality TV. That's the trooffe.

I, for one, nominate myself as Whiteblaze's sleaper reality TV gameshow contestant. I'm quick and agile. Have no problems spending days on end without a shirt (watch MTV for a second and you'll know).

Johnny

Frosty
06-06-2007, 09:33
Edits needed in subject line.Could you explain why, or at least say what is wrong?

Lone Wolf
06-06-2007, 09:48
Could you explain why, or at least say what is wrong?

thruKIKE.......

LostInSpace
06-06-2007, 12:46
Is this a "Lord of the Flies" rerun?

Mother's Finest
06-06-2007, 13:02
the man is a freakin' genius......it is Survivor spun off. that is how networks do it. find something successful and copy it.

whether or not this would ever happen on the AT, I bet that within five years we see this program (or a variation of it) on TV....

Weinstone also invented a low dose form of food poisoning for the diet crowd.

peace
mf

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-06-2007, 13:27
I'd like to see a 'road rules' clone with a couple of past-primetime he-men, a couple of past-primetime divas and a couple of past-primetime heart-throbs hiking together. Think about it: Charo, Celine Dion, Chuck Norris, Mr T, Erik Estrada and David Cassidy all meandering down the trail and trying not to kill each other.

Ender
06-06-2007, 16:45
Think about it: Charo, Celine Dion, Chuck Norris, Mr T, Erik Estrada and David Cassidy all meandering down the trail and trying not to kill each other.

Well, I think the real challenge would be not getting killed by Chuck Norris. :p

RadioFreq
06-06-2007, 23:30
http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/ :D

aaroniguana
06-07-2007, 06:35
Very Freudian. It's that Jewish self-loathing thing. I get it every payday when I start writing out bills. And sometimes if I hike or play golf on Saturday. And occasionally in the Spring if I can't find a whip, 40 Roman centurions and a false prophet...

josiblue
06-07-2007, 12:50
man, they just don't make false prophets like they used to
~josiah

mweinstone
06-07-2007, 16:45
(in voice of comicbook store guy on simpsons)

my worst spelling mistake ever.....

tekiechick
06-13-2007, 13:56
I'd like to see a 'road rules' clone with a couple of past-primetime he-men, a couple of past-primetime divas and a couple of past-primetime heart-throbs hiking together. Think about it: Charo, Celine Dion, Chuck Norris, Mr T, Erik Estrada and David Cassidy all meandering down the trail and trying not to kill each other.

... can't forget Shatner and Hasselhoff.

tekiechick
06-13-2007, 13:58
... can't forget Shatner and Hasselhoff.

Hiking. The AT. From. Georgia to Maine...

hammock engineer
06-13-2007, 14:21
I can't believe I just read this whole thread, but since I did here is my take.

- 10 teams of 2
- Teams are given a $500 dollar gift card to walmart to outfit themselves. They can only take things purchased there.
- They are given a budget of $3K for both of them for the hike.
- They must stop at certain places along the trail.
- Cannot yellow blaze.
- Must complete challenges along the trail (including all eating challanges).
- Both people must hike the whole trail.
- they would have to carry a 3' stuffed animal the whole way.
- They must attend and stay awake in every TD presentation.
- They have to take 3 zero's at mweinstone's place and not leave his side

Wonder
06-13-2007, 14:34
Other then the awful hitchhike to philly....3 days at Mattys would not be hard! He has great toys....great art...very intresting location...storys and snickers galore!
They should have to be put in charge of cooking for a feed or something.....THATS a challange!

Wonder
06-13-2007, 14:34
though.....if they can't leave his side....he will put them to work.

Johnny Thunder
06-13-2007, 14:54
Other then the awful hitchhike to philly....3 days at Mattys would not be hard! He has great toys....great art...very intresting location...storys and snickers galore!
They should have to be put in charge of cooking for a feed or something.....THATS a challange!

I agree with Wonder except that the hitch into town wouldn't be all bad...but escape from Murda'City would be a terror.

Maybe one day I could take the contestents on a cheesesteak-gorge-then-run-through-Souf-Filly-wearing-Cowboys-gear jaunt. Survivors get a free ride back to the Doyle in Das Mazda and losers must hitch from Broad and Dauphin (can't accept rides from the Temple Students because that'd be cheating).

Or, a day at the Wissahick trashing.

Johnny

hammock engineer
06-13-2007, 14:55

Good idea. They have to put on a feed inside of their budget and can not have anyone leave hungry. That would be a challange. They have to put it on in a popular spot.

mweinstone
06-13-2007, 15:14
lonewolf follows in stelth to see them cheat. he carrys food poisoning to disquallify cheaters. they never know what happened. suddenly there sick and quitting. he can do you just for bitchin and they fear his touch of death.

scope
06-13-2007, 15:31
Thruhike Allstars!!

Put 12 of the most infamous whiteblazers together for one big thruhike and watch the fireworks. Every 200 miles, they vote someone off the trail. Last two enter Baxter together where they face a jury of those voted off - only one can climb Katahdin!!

mweinstone
06-13-2007, 15:37
i will be kicked off first on purpose and rule from behind the scenes. i will be the winner. hahahaha!

scope
06-13-2007, 15:41
i will be kicked off first on purpose and rule from behind the scenes. i will be the winner. hahahaha!

It will be your choice whom to bring into Baxter. Will it be MS? Would he survive that long?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-13-2007, 16:03
... can't forget Shatner and Hasselhoff.Forget Shatner. He'd get himself beamed from Springer to the big K