PDA

View Full Version : wolf cubs

strnorm
06-06-2007, 20:55
Bays mountain park in kingsport tn. has 4 wolf cubs from south dakota they are needing voulnteers to stay in cage with them, they will be person in cage with them 24/7 for next 3 months, would be a great trail name sleeps with wolves, they also have 4 adult wolves article in kingsport times news last week:)

Appalachian Tater
06-06-2007, 22:15
From the article: "Since the pups arrived, the adults have been curious about them and have stayed as close as they can, about 50 feet away."

Sounds like they kidnapped infant wolves from their mothers, and drove them half-way across the country to keep them locked up in cages. The unrelated adult wolves (who are also in captivity) are concerned about the motherless cubs.

They should set the wolves free.

Lone Wolf
06-06-2007, 22:16
they should be killed

Appalachian Tater
06-06-2007, 22:27
they should be killed

Well then, whichever is more convenient.

Uncle Silly
06-07-2007, 00:50
i think he was talking about the pup-nappers...

least, i would've been...

smokymtnsteve
06-07-2007, 02:01
Wolf fur make the best ruffs for your parka ;)

Jimmers
06-07-2007, 04:13
Wolf fur make the best ruffs for your parka ;)

Nah, that's Wolverine fur. Much nastier, and more endangered. No frost buildup from your breath!:eek:

Uncle Silly
06-08-2007, 03:15
i haven't seen a winter fit to break out my down parka in near 8 years; i don't need fur for my parka.

now, pup-napper skins... i could use a new lampshade. :D

Lone Wolf
06-08-2007, 08:06
i think he was talking about the pup-nappers...

least, i would've been...

no. kill the pups now cuz they're gonna live a caged life

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-08-2007, 09:06
I'm assuming these pups were orphaned. If so, their only hope for survivial is what Bays Mountain has done. They can't unite them with a mother wolf until they are weaned because the adoptive mother wolf would kill those attempting to feed the pups. Giving them to a wet mother would likely kill both the adopted and natural pups because there wouldn't be enough milk to go around. If they plan to find a foster mother to teach them the things wolves need to know to live in the wild after they are weaned, then I appaulde their efforts.

If they plan to keep them caged, well...
::: sharpens pointy little teeth and prepares for trip to Kingsport :::

Appalachian Tater
06-08-2007, 10:26
The article didn't say they were orphans. In fact, it said they were newly-born.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-08-2007, 10:44
I just read all four articles in the local paper. These pups are not ophaned and, as LW suspected, they will never be released into the wild. Bays Mountain is building its own pack of wolves in captivity. :mad:
::: installs diamond-tip stainless steel dentures and heads toward Kingsport :::

mtnkngxt
11-10-2007, 12:22
Bays Mountain is horrible IMO. I've got there multiple times with the gf and I was not impressed what so ever. In fact I was appalled by the condition they kept the otters in. I do however reccomend that If any of you are ever around Hampton VA check out the Virginia Living Museum that place is an awesome refuge for injured animals.

shelterbuilder
11-10-2007, 15:28
Bays mountain park in kingsport tn. has 4 wolf cubs from south dakota they are needing voulnteers to stay in cage with them, they will be person in cage with them 24/7 for next 3 months, would be a great trail name sleeps with wolves, they also have 4 adult wolves article in kingsport times news last week:)

Sounds to me like they're trying to "domesticate" the cubs, but why? They will NEVER be able to be released; neither will they act like wolves in the truest sense of the word. They MAY be easier to handle, but they will still not be domesticated (in the "dog" sense of the word). I agree with Uncle Silly....