PDA

View Full Version : Billville Hiker Feed & Fun

trailangelmary
06-08-2007, 10:45
The Billville Hiker Feed & Fun in Duncannon, PA is scheduled for July 6, 7, and the morning of the 8th, 2007. Trailangelmary is looking for donations to cover the cost of food from Billville members. The town merchants are again donating generously. However, those donations don't cover everything. Mary will be planning the menu this week. So if you prefer to bring a food item please let her know what you will be bringing. Mail checks to Mary Parry,
2 Ann St., Duncannon, PA, 17020.
Also, donations are needed for prizes for the Leki Pole Throw and The AT in 10 minutes or less.
Mayor Jester, Feed Originator Bag O' Tricks and Mary are planning another great weekend.
I have taken off work this year from July 4 to the 8th. I will start prep cooking on the 5th. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
:sun

mweinstone
06-08-2007, 19:07
trail angel mary is a trail angel marying trail angel. shes the trail angelyest! her food is trailishius. her hospitality is to trail for. the trail on witch she angels is most angelishious. the hikers witch she angels to are gratefull. and just plain full. and full of it. ill stop now.

RiverWarriorPJ
06-09-2007, 05:49
..Where's the nearest place to the "D" Hotel that I can put a tent up..??..

trailangelmary
06-09-2007, 06:31
Tenting is allowed on the same site as the Feed. A short walk from the Doyle. From the trail if hiking in and from Market St if driving into Duncannon Red Duct Tape will mark the way to the Park.

RiverWarriorPJ
06-09-2007, 06:34
~~GreaT~~ Thnx Mary..!!..

bfitz
06-09-2007, 11:37
I'll be there. I'm tellin' everyone about it. Gonna be a great time for sure!

mweinstone
06-09-2007, 11:41
your comming alone? sad. ill be there too!

trailangelmary
06-10-2007, 14:24
Saturday is the biggest day for the feed as far as activity and food. Yes, Jerry Stone is doing a stuffed pig for us again. PIG! WHO SAID PIG!

Jester2000
06-10-2007, 14:38
Saturday is the biggest day for the feed as far as activity and food. Yes, Jerry Stone is doing a stuffed pig for us again. PIG! WHO SAID PIG!

I'll take some of that. . .

Stonewall
06-10-2007, 15:01
And I did!

Lone Wolf
06-10-2007, 15:02
and it was good

Lion King
06-10-2007, 16:22
If I can get a ride from whereever I am on The ADT, Ill come.

Would be a nice break 2 1/2 weeks in...Im guessing Ill be back in or around Harpers Ferry...:D

Wonder
06-10-2007, 21:48
Man.....I'm so bummed that I can't be there....but I"ll find some pig in damascus

Lugnut
06-10-2007, 23:14
but I"ll find some pig in damascus

Now that's a statement beggin' for a comeback! I ain't sayin' a thing. :p

Lone Wolf
06-10-2007, 23:43
I"ll find some pig in damascus

hey! i resemble that remark.

the goat
06-11-2007, 13:34
i'll be there too.

lion king, if you need a ride from harper's, throw me a p.m. beforehand, and i'll swing through there on the way up.

Wonder
06-11-2007, 17:17
I worked a pig roast party the other day.....ganked the skull.....
I'll try to send it if someone will promise the it will end up in Jesters tent

Jimmers
06-11-2007, 17:35
I worked a pig roast party the other day.....ganked the skull.....
I'll try to send it if someone will promise the it will end up in Jesters tent

I don't know if Jester's tent can handle any more abuse.:D

Wonder
06-11-2007, 17:42
it can handle it.........and it will......:-?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-11-2007, 17:46
:::: Dino sees photoshop opportunities in last few posts ::::

Nightwalker
06-11-2007, 22:15
I don't know if Jester's tent can handle any more abuse.:D

Jester--and his tent--are so used to abuse that they can handle any amount, at least up to the 10 megaton range.

Heck, when he was young Jester used to abuse himself when he couldn't find anyone else to do it. And yet his vision is still visionary. It's true, it really is. :D

trailangelmary
06-16-2007, 13:23
Hi all,
My plans were to have Karoake again this year on Saturday about 5:00 PM. However, all my sources are booked. Does anyone know anyone that has the equipment to do Karaoke and would do it as a volunteer?

trailangelmary
06-17-2007, 19:10
Hi all,
First of all thank you to Handlebar for his donation to the feed. It is greatly appreciated. It will help to cover purchases for those items not covered in donations.
The Menu Plan: (subject to change)
Friday as hikers arrive: Grill your own hot dog filled with cheese and wrapped in bacon. Toppings to include sauerkraut, chili sauce, ketchup, mustard, onion. Pasta & Vegetable Salad,Pickled Red Beat Eggs
Friday Evening: Baked Chicken Legs with Mary's Special Sauces, Pasta with Red Sauce & Cheeses
Saturday Morning: Sausage Gravy & Biscuits, Bananas
Saturday Lunch:Stuffed Pig, Baked Beans, Fresh Fruit Salad, Roasted Corn on the Cob
Saturday Supper: Tacos, Soup, Broccoli Salad
Sunday Breakfast: Big Ass Billville Breakfast of Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Scrapple, French Toast, Pancakes
And,all weekend Desserts generously donated by Jester's Mom!

StarLyte
06-19-2007, 15:24
Great organizing as usual Mary.

I'll help you red-tape Duncannon again :D

Let me think what I can bring, or a donation. Not sure.

I don't have karaoke equipment, but I have a great karaoke library, I can bring it with 2 catalog selection books. 2,000 songs.

I can bring the stereo again.

Jack said he'll make the pig sing this year while smoking a cigarette.

Jester says he wants the pig afterwards to teach it a lesson for smoking. :D

Let me know what else I can do:
[email protected]

trailangelmary
06-19-2007, 17:45
Thanks Marsha. Will I see you on Thursday, the 5th?
What do we need to complete the system for Karaoke....mikes, speaker and cd player? I'll see what I can borrow?

trailangelmary
06-19-2007, 17:59
A confirmed donation from Sorrentos: Lettuce, tomato and onion for the tacos and broccoli for the broccoli salad.:clap

A confirmed donation from The Pub: 1 case of bacon.:clap

A confirmed donation from a townie: charcoal, cash to buy 6 dozen ears of corn, a grill to roast the corn. :banana

StarLyte
06-19-2007, 18:41
[SIZE="3"]A confirmed donation from a townie: charcoal, cash to buy 6 dozen ears of corn, a grill to roast the corn. :banana

Cool!~

Hey WalkinHome we won't have to grill the corn in the depths of hell this year!!! Yippee....howeva...we ate half the corn after we roasted it with some lobstah dip that he brought down from Maine - oh yeah -

Harry Dangler
06-19-2007, 21:47
Sounds like fun.........!!!!!

mweinstone
06-19-2007, 22:07
ya know what i want? what matthewski is asking santa for this billville? i want to bring a case of lemmons for lemmonaid, a case of pinnapples for fun in yellow, a case of apples for hiker health, a case of advacadoes for guak, and as many other cases of veggies or fruit the doyal or mary queen of angels needs . and i want a ride with all this food from south philly. on thursday. morning. early . like dark early. so i could scootch into the pearl of the sussquanna , detonate an above ground magic devise, and hike all day and sleep in the woods and come home to the doyal and room 23 on friday night. if their is any way santa. i wish you would also make the person who drives, a hiker who also wants to hike on thursday. and if i may be so bold santa, i would provide food for the raindeer and cookies and your usual milk for you santa. and santa? can i also have enough room on your sled for a popcorn maker and popcorn enough to fill the doyal and marys house? i live over a fruit store of unimaginable coolness.

trailangelmary
06-19-2007, 23:31
Matthewski,
call me......Santa may live here!! Sled can drive to Philly after midnight Wednesday!!

trailangelmary
06-19-2007, 23:35
Karoake problem solved......Marsha bring your 2,000 song library. I have confirmed use of the equipment we need. My favorite DJ/Karoake Bobby Love is going to bring his spare equipment and set it up for us on Saturday morning before he goes to his other gig!:sun

mweinstone
06-20-2007, 07:07
thanks mary clause. first cousin to the clause sisters who live just south of santas house on the tip of the iat in newfoundland.

oh yeah, allmost forgot. bono is doing a live feed the hikers in africa charity concert from marys kitchen. paul mcartny's stopping by too. so we need chairs.

under the city
lies a heart made of bacon
but the humans will give no love
you see ive been thru the desert on a horse with no bacon
it feels good to be out of the pain.
la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la

StarLyte
06-20-2007, 08:01
Sounds like fun.........!!!!!

Harry Dangler....sounds raunchy....I like it....:-?

StarLyte
06-20-2007, 08:03
Matty is that pork or turkey bacon? My dog wants to know. :banana

camojack
06-20-2007, 08:05
thanks mary clause. first cousin to the clause sisters who live just south of santas house on the tip of the iat in newfoundland.

oh yeah, allmost forgot. bono is doing a live feed the hikers in africa charity concert from marys kitchen. paul mcartny's stopping by too. so we need chairs.

under the city
lies a heart made of bacon
but the humans will give no love
you see ive been thru the desert on a horse with no bacon
it feels good to be out of the pain.
la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la

You are one silly bastard, Mr. Weinstone. That's why I like you. :D
(One of many reasons, actually...)

camojack
06-20-2007, 08:07
Matty is that pork or turkey bacon? My dog wants to know. :banana

Turkey bacon?! Bite yer tongue, girlfriend!!! Sacrilege... :eek:

trailangelmary
06-20-2007, 09:09
Another confirmed donation - from Russell Kiner, owner of R & S Surplus & Riviera Tavern - The pasta for Friday night, the roasters for cooking and serving all weekend.:clap

trailangelmary
06-20-2007, 09:10
Confirmed Use of Equipment - dvd projector and screen for use on Friday and Saturday night.:banana

trailangelmary
06-20-2007, 09:12
Confirmed donation from Jollies - 6 - 12 packs of Pepsi Razz. Thanks, Jollies:sun

trailangelmary
06-20-2007, 16:46
Hey WalkinHome we won't have to grill the corn in the depths of hell this year!!!

Sadly for us Walkin' Home won't be at the feed this year. He is hiking in England with girlfriend/ wife? His donations and generous help will be sorely missed. :( :(

trailangelmary
06-20-2007, 16:47
Not sure who all is coming this year of the Billville members. Jester, are you still alive. Please contact me.

mweinstone
06-21-2007, 05:32
yesterday and tuesday were like, an appalachian trail crossing in my life. i heard from trail angel mary and have plans to be in dunncannon for the next three weekends. this one with jester where i hope to give out fruit to hikers whilst jester and mary and other planners , plan the feed. next weekend to hike with johnney thunder. and the next for the billville hiker feed and fun. i heard from the goat and hes comming to share room 23 and by the way thanks everyone for praying to help his little brother when he was in hospital. hes out, fine and happy! right on goatling! i talked to wonder from her new home in wondersburg, formerly damascus. she starts work tommorow at the cafe next to sundog outfitters. her tv pooped out . it was as old as old farts farts and im asking everyone near her to see if they have an extra tv in their heart. and i spoke with mothers finest about his training in the wissahikon creek area where hes been running with pack on! hes lost alot of chub and looks the fit hiker wonder and me met so long ago at monks one night on a webwhim. im really happy i finaly found the secret group of real , smart, hiker humans i had allways theorized existed but never found till i bought a laptop and googled the trail and learned of this family. i knew you existed. i hoped, and i waited. biding my time . whiling away the years, hiking alone. then this! a wonderful group of the smartest folks and the nicest folks and even though im a guy, and forgive me for not being gay, but i must kiss each and every one of( just spelled of , ov, again) you directly on the top of your heads. your all deserving of my highest award. the matthew claude weinstone loves you alot award. also known as the Mcwlyaa award.ill be hiking south of dunncanon both next weekend with johnney thunder (the 29 30 weekend) and the one after that on the fourth, before the feed. trail angel mary will pick me up in philly and ill hike from the ironmasters on the fourth , to the feed in duncannon that friday eve. ist gonna be too great to see the dude and everyone. im bringin a popcorn machine and marys makin fruit salad for a million and anyone who wants to walk with me on any weekend should feel invited.

listen everyone. if you have not been to a group thing with these folks yet, come. get to this feed as it will be the best fun you have had. we laugh, we talk, we fun! we eat, we bawk, we hum. we lurch, we perch, we dumb. but all and all. when the partys over and your headed home, your mind will begin to roam. and roam and roam. to a place of friendship and laughter and of intelegence and flaffter! a world of schmoozing and snoozzing. of food and drink and brood and kink. of bliff and blaff and snootzy and pootzy. come to the doyal i say! come to your hiker family! your life will be changed!
thank you lonewolfstarlytewondercammojacklocalhillwalkerdude goatridgeratbeatermissjanetsistahblistahdanceswith micefrolikingdinosaursmothersfinestrestlessredbred rambleontreefingerstreegirltankminnesotasmithpanze rtrailanglemarybobpeoplespatpirateweewillytheprinc eofwhalesbaltimorejacknancyjefflauracloudenineandh ubbybluberypatchownersmariinsalsburgstonewallwheat hercarrotproffessorxseriphinbutterwhitecrowmalaott oclothspinjessicaandjasonjestertheoldfartatrollsar gentrockjohnneythunderjellybeangadawg and so so many more.

camojack
06-21-2007, 07:05
yesterday and tuesday were like, an appalachian trail crossing in my life. i heard from trail angel mary and have plans to be in dunncannon for the next three weekends. this one with jester where i hope to give out fruit to hikers whilst jester and mary and other planners , plan the feed. next weekend to hike with johnney thunder. and the next for the billville hiker feed and fun. i heard from the goat and hes comming to share room 23 and by the way thanks everyone for praying to help his little brother when he was in hospital. hes out, fine and happy! right on goatling! i talked to wonder from her new home in wondersburg, formerly damascus. she starts work tommorow at the cafe next to sundog outfitters. her tv pooped out . it was as old as old farts farts and im asking everyone near her to see if they have an extra tv in their heart. and i spoke with mothers finest about his training in the wissahikon creek area where hes been running with pack on! hes lost alot of chub and looks the fit hiker wonder and me met so long ago at monks one night on a webwhim. im really happy i finaly found the secret group of real , smart, hiker humans i had allways theorized existed but never found till i bought a laptop and googled the trail and learned of this family. i knew you existed. i hoped, and i waited. biding my time . whiling away the years, hiking alone. then this! a wonderful group of the smartest folks and the nicest folks and even though im a guy, and forgive me for not being gay, but i must kiss each and every one of( just spelled of , ov, again) you directly on the top of your heads. your all deserving of my highest award. the matthew claude weinstone loves you alot award. also known as the Mcwlyaa award.ill be hiking south of dunncanon both next weekend with johnney thunder (the 29 30 weekend) and the one after that on the fourth, before the feed. trail angel mary will pick me up in philly and ill hike from the ironmasters on the fourth , to the feed in duncannon that friday eve. ist gonna be too great to see the dude and everyone. im bringin a popcorn machine and marys makin fruit salad for a million and anyone who wants to walk with me on any weekend should feel invited.

listen everyone. if you have not been to a group thing with these folks yet, come. get to this feed as it will be the best fun you have had. we laugh, we talk, we fun! we eat, we bawk, we hum. we lurch, we perch, we dumb. but all and all. when the partys over and your headed home, your mind will begin to roam. and roam and roam. to a place of friendship and laughter and of intelegence and flaffter! a world of schmoozing and snoozzing. of food and drink and brood and kink. of bliff and blaff and snootzy and pootzy. come to the doyal i say! come to your hiker family! your life will be changed!
thank you lonewolfstarlytewondercammojacklocalhillwalkerdude goatridgeratbeatermissjanetsistahblistahdanceswith micefrolikingdinosaursmothersfinestrestlessredbred rambleontreefingerstreegirltankminnesotasmithpanze rtrailanglemarybobpeoplespatpirateweewillytheprinc eofwhalesbaltimorejacknancyjefflauracloudenineandh ubbybluberypatchownersmariinsalsburgstonewallwheat hercarrotproffessorxseriphinbutterwhitecrowmalaott oclothspinjessicaandjasonjestertheoldfartatrollsar gentrockjohnneythunderjellybeangadawg and so so many more.

Can't you just feel the love? I can...and would even if I hadn't gotten into the Top Ten.

Unfortunately, I won't make it to the Billville Hiker Feed this year; I'll be doing THIS (http://www.eliteislandyachts.com/destinations/grenadines_itinerary.shtml) instead... :banana

Jack Tarlin
06-21-2007, 11:41
Mary:

Dude and I hope to be in Duncannon on Thursday (or maybe even Wednesday if I can talk him into it); will meet with you at first opportunity to discuss food prep strategy and how I can make myself useful. Looking forward to destroying your kitchen yet again.

See you in 2 weeks.....

WalkinHome
06-21-2007, 11:42
Mary, you are awesome for what you have accomplished. Due to a death in the family the England trip was put off until same time next year so I will be missing 2008 feed. Keep an eye on your mailbox. See you soon-save me a parking spot LOL. Marsha, I might have a treat or two for the movers and shakers. Jester, you have more time to give us tips on Ireland-hi to mom. Later

trailangelmary
06-21-2007, 12:03
Thank you to Matthewski for the confirmed donation of fresh fruit for the FRESH fruit salad and the plasticware. You are awesome. :clap :clap

trailangelmary
06-21-2007, 12:06
Hope you both can make it for the 4th. I have my own feed that day and then we go to the fireworks!

trailangelmary
06-21-2007, 12:08
Sorry to hear about the death in the family. But, look forward to seeing your smiling face at the feed.

Wonder
06-21-2007, 12:41
I can't wait to see the pics!!! I think this is the only time I'll be upset not to be in PA anymore :-(
And 2000 songs......Starlyte...ya gotta get that down here to Damascus....this guy dosen't even have Melissa Etheridge!

Blister
06-21-2007, 12:42
Well folks as it stands in this moment, I probablly will not be able to make the feed. Shame on Me! Especially since I havn't been able to make any of them these past few years, shame, shame, shame. Anyways same ole excuse - have to work..... Can't afford it blah, blah blah.... It is the first weekend that kicks off the summer tourist season here in NH. $$$$$!!! I wish all a great time and will miss you. Come and visit me if you can this summer - everybody!
:dance :dance :dance
Support your local hiker trash bartender in
North Woodstock, NH

Wonder
06-21-2007, 13:06
Well folks as it stands in this moment, I probablly will not be able to make the feed. Shame on Me! Especially since I havn't been able to make any of them these past few years, shame, shame, shame. Anyways same ole excuse - have to work..... Can't afford it blah, blah blah.... It is the first weekend that kicks off the summer tourist season here in NH. $$$$$!!! I wish all a great time and will miss you. Come and visit me if you can this summer - everybody!

North Woodstock, NH

I'll send'em your way, if you send the sobos to the struggling coffeehouse manager in Damascus, Va:D

StarLyte
06-21-2007, 13:42
Mary, you are awesome for what you have accomplished. Due to a death in the family the England trip was put off until same time next year so I will be missing 2008 feed. Keep an eye on your mailbox. See you soon-save me a parking spot LOL. Marsha, I might have a treat or two for the movers and shakers. Jester, you have more time to give us tips on Ireland-hi to mom. Later

YES - I was hoping you'd make it !

Bring OldFhart with you.

Okay - I am bringing 12 dozen donuts, many other desserts, but these are commercial made - NOTHING compared to Jesters' moms' baking (oh yeah we bow to you....always).

Donuts
desserts
breads
2000 karaoke cd library
stereo sound system
hugs for Mary

and some other funky stuff

Are there any musicians out there bringing instruments and equipment? Just curious.

the goat
06-21-2007, 16:42
i'll be arriving in duncannon on the afternoon of the sixth.

mary- i'll come try to find you then to see if i can make myself useful; as i'll likely be spending that night making myself useless. keep an eye on your mailbox too!

can't wait to see everyone!!

mweinstone
06-21-2007, 19:51
i ordered an order so big. so jucy. so delishious. that if by some freak of detroit, your car can haul it, we'll give away tons if we dont eat it all. heres what we got. one case each of pinnapples, bluberrys,strawberrys,cantalopes, honeydews, 24 tangeloes or tangerrines, 24 peaches, 1/2 a case of bannanas , 1/2 a case of apples, box of 100 each, knives spoons forks and whatever else you let me. we can load up pat at the doyal if we dont need all of it. and if you cant haul it, its okay as i live atop the fruit store owned by my friend lang. it will be in the cooler till we need it. and im paying your phone bill so have it handy.and ill do any work as long as its the lowlyest job knowone wants.

lowlyest!

its better to be a footstool in heaven than a king in hell.

mweinstone
06-21-2007, 19:54
the goats private yacht will be parked under the clarks ferry. naked women will be available for lovemakeing between the hours of 11 pm and 2 am.

that is all.

mweinstone
06-21-2007, 20:00
mala is a word witch means something in most languages. fun tip 32. collect all 33!

mweinstone
06-21-2007, 20:14
jester can be bought. i did it once. yup. no lie. i used his mom in a winning poem at the billville winter warmer bad hiker poetry contest. i did it by useing her bakeing lore and fame in the contest in witch her very son was the sole judge. how could he not award a prize to a poem about his dearest trailmom and her famed cheescake? . i dont remember it exactly , as jester became the sole owner of the entrys. why do contests allways have that rule? is it the cost of stamps to return entrys? no. they just wanna keep em. or they just wanna give out the prize and be done. i dunno.capt'n crunch has a really cool peice of artwork i sent in once.

RedneckRye
06-21-2007, 20:56
Sorry, but y'all gotta count me out.
The trip to Alaska precludes (is that the correct word? I'm not sure. It sort of sounds right.) the trip to Duncannon. See you in Gettysburg.

Trillium
06-21-2007, 23:24
Come and visit me if you can this summer - everybody!

North Woodstock, NH

If my daughter ends up back in Lowell, Mass, I'll come visit you.

But we're actually hoping she gets a job in Chi-town.

trailangelmary
06-22-2007, 04:36
Okay - I am bringing 12 dozen donuts,

That's a lot of donuts, Marsha. You might want to cut back on the amount. I left 2 cases of donuts at the park last year that were not eaten.

trailangelmary
06-22-2007, 04:37
The trip to Alaska
Well have a great time Redneck. Looking forward to seeing another great slideshow of your pics.

trailangelmary
06-22-2007, 04:44
i'll be arriving in duncannon on the afternoon of the sixth.

mary- i'll come try to find you then to see if i can make myself useful

My hope is that the prep cooking that will start bright and early on the 5th will be done with everything needed transported to the park by noon on Friday, the 6th. So look for me at the park first and then my apartment second. Follow the red blazes to the park which is approximately 6 blocks from my apartment.

trailangelmary
06-22-2007, 04:56
More donations --
1 case each soft shells and hard shells for tacos.
All the eggs we need at a ridiculously low price from a good friend townie who has chickens. They don't get fresher than that.
Use of an electric deep fryer for French toast sticks for the Sunday Big Ass Billville breakfast.

mweinstone
06-22-2007, 05:55
paragrin is comming from california to our doyal! yeah! hes the author of "dead men hike no trails" his seventh book. he was at traildays and is a thruhiker and is blisters great friend and mine too. hes invited to crash in my room. mary, if he needs, can he ride with us and the fruit?

mweinstone
06-22-2007, 06:36
our story begins on a green riverbank along the mississippi river somewhere in ohio. if in fact that river even touches ohio. and speaking of touching me all over,..this story is touching. back to ohio. now. marsha starlyte was a common name back in the sixtys when she was born. nineteen sixty something if i remember correctly, and i think i do. her father and mother allways left her to milk the goat while they went to church.marsha starlyte even at this young age was allready an independent caricter and was a member of a different church. to be specific, mom and dad went to the church of the river and marsha starlyte went to the church of the mountain. but i diverge. one day she was comming home from church when young jack tarlin was sitting by the mountain path with a dead dog. marsha starlyte and jack tarlin were good friends whos mothers both worked in the same button factory. whats wrong with that hound? asked marsha starlyte who was fully acustomed to the death of animals as she was a farm girl and did all sorts of chores.like helping dad slauter the goats.but i stray. anyway,.jack tarlin stood up and said," i found him a dead liken unto thisy hear. best we bury him now afore them critters git em. you pick up his feet marsha starlyte and i'll grab his head. we'll bury him real nice like. do ya think he'll be goin to heaven?
no. my mamma says dogs go to hell.
no they dont! thats that fool river church doctrin marsha starlyte you listen to me. dogs all go to heven.
mamma says that if your buried on hard ground , you have a hard time gittin up to walk the stairway to heaven. we need somthing soft and nice fer him.hey ! theres donuts in my house my mamma made just now fer i cames out to play!
git em and we'll make him a nice bed.
good, i will.

after the children made a sugary bed for the poor old hound, they said mountain prayers over him and layed him to rest. then they both promised that when they go a hikin , they would bring donuts enough to bury any poor old hound dog they came accross.

camojack
06-22-2007, 06:44
I am bringing 12 dozen donuts...

That's gross. I mean, it really is!!! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gross_(unit)) :D

mweinstone
06-22-2007, 06:47
cammo, yor a wise guy .smart,and wise. and guy.i dont know if i spelled that right.

camojack
06-22-2007, 06:50
cammo, yor a wise guy .smart,and wise. and guy.i dont know if i spelled that right.

I used to be told that I had wisdom beyond my years...but that was years ago. :rolleyes:

Lone Wolf
06-22-2007, 08:28
Okay - I am bringing 12 dozen donuts

invite all the local cops. they'll help eat em'

peanuts
06-22-2007, 08:31
oh man, lw, you were faster than me!

Wonder
06-22-2007, 10:48
:D
invite all the local cops. they'll help eat em'

How many cops could Duncannon have?? Either way.....Starlyte will make'm fat cops

trailangelmary
06-22-2007, 14:32
Well, I think we have 3 local cops and about 6 state cop cars I see at Sorrentos every day for lunch! So, I guess there is a use for all those donuts. LOL:welcome

trailangelmary
06-22-2007, 14:34
mary, if he needs, can he ride with us and the fruit?
Sure, but you may have to carry fruit on your laps!! LOL

mweinstone
06-22-2007, 19:12
B I L L V I L L E

bill
live
vibe
ill
i
lie
be
bile

bill vibe be ill,i live, lie,.... bile.

is the word trying to speak to us? whats it saying? bill is ill and lay in bile? what the@#$%***!?

Nightwalker
06-24-2007, 02:33
B I L L V I L L E

is the word trying to speak to us? whats it saying? bill is ill and lay in bile? what the@#$%***!?

I think Tha Man spiked yer weed wit' a little PCP.

Just sayin'...

trailangelmary
06-24-2007, 03:28
As I am continuing to organize the food portion of the Billville Hiker Feed & Fun, I did a check of items we have leftover from last year's feed. The result: We have enough cups, plates, napkins, soup spoons, coffee, trash bags and iced tea pouches. Mala, you would be honored to know we make our coffee like you have taught us!!!
Anyone talked to Mala? Is he coming this year?

trailangelmary
06-24-2007, 03:32
Sure, but you may have to carry fruit on your laps!! LOL
Seriously, plenty of room. I have bungy cords to tie the trunk down if the fruit won't fit with the trunk closing. It's a trailangel thing!! They are in my trunk 12 months a year since the first time I needed them in '05.

mweinstone
06-24-2007, 06:19
newby here. is it okay to pitch in the doyal on a rainy night? or is that rude?

mweinstone
06-24-2007, 07:25
i love when you hold me with outstreatched cords.

StarLyte
06-24-2007, 08:47
Gotcha on the donuts Mary...I emailed you back.

Matty, camp at the hiker feed. Last year I stayed at the Doyle and I missed sitting up all night talking Trail stuff.

Unless it rains....

Is Chomp and VSA attending?

mweinstone
06-24-2007, 09:12
i was makeing a joke reference to the leaks. and i wanted to ask if chomp and vsa were comming. ever see my shirt i made for them?

mweinstone
06-24-2007, 09:22
heavy sane with periods of shane.
im parsha to marsha.
mary mary quit contrary.
how does your bag of tricks grow?
i knew an old fart.
who collected farts in a jar. and a goat and a dude knew him too.
one day baltimore jack with beans he came back.
matthewski and them they did play.
in duncannon is where.
duncannon so fair.
its the pearl of the susquhanna they say.

trailangelmary
06-24-2007, 15:39
Good answer, Marsha. And, knock on wood, it has never rained during the weekend of the Billville Feed since I have been attending. Hope I didn't just jinx us!! In the past some hikers did stay at the Doyle, however. A group picture is taken during the weekend at the park. Hope all can be there for that. Traditionally, it is taken Sunday after breakfast.

trailangelmary
06-26-2007, 17:26
I was getting in my car last evening to run some Avon errands and Jerry Stone was driving by and said stay right there. As he circled the block looking for a place to park, I got out my Billville Feed notebook as he is my contact for Mutzies (Mutabaugh's Market) and the townie who cooks the pig for us. After confirming the donations from Mutzies, I said as a reminder and "you are doing the pig, remember?" Well, it is a great thing we ran into each other because he does not remember talking about the pig. Shhwew!!!!:eek:

chomp
06-27-2007, 08:42
Is Chomp and VSA attending?

We are in fact making the trip down for the feed! We just finished working out a schedule, and we will either be leaving at 4 PM on Thursday or first thing Friday AM... that part is still up in the air.

Mary - save us a parking space. :) Mail should be getting to you in a couple of days, too.

Mathewski - nice shirt....

See y'all in just over a week.

chomp

trailangelmary
06-27-2007, 10:18
Mary - save us a parking space
Will do, Chomp

Blister
06-27-2007, 13:09
:(
I wanna go!!!!!!

trailangelmary
06-27-2007, 15:13
Thank you, The Goat & Jester's Mom. I received your donation. :sun

trailangelmary
06-27-2007, 15:23
FROM MUTZIES: Hot Dogs and Hot Sausage , the cheese, and the buns for Friday as hikers arrive.
2 - #10 cans of Great Northern Beans for the baked beans
30 lbs of ground beef for the taco meatAND all the ice we need for the whole weekend. :clap:clap

trailangelmary
06-27-2007, 15:30
From Bustace: The veggies from his garden for the pasta/vegetable salad for Saturday lunch meal. He is also making Ham & Bean Soup for the Saturday evening meal. :clap :clap

peanuts
06-27-2007, 15:36
blister, i want to go also. but can't :( feel your pain!!

trailangelmary
06-27-2007, 15:42
FROM Cafe 'N Cremes:Biscuits to feed 40 people Saturday morning breakfast Shrek works there now!:clap

trailangelmary
06-27-2007, 15:44
Thank you to The Welsh Nomad. I received your donation.:sun

Nightwalker
06-27-2007, 22:47
We are in fact making the trip down for the feed! We just finished working out a schedule, and we will either be leaving at 4 PM on Thursday or first thing Friday AM... that part is still up in the air.

Mary - save us a parking space. :) Mail should be getting to you in a couple of days, too.

Mathewski - nice shirt....

See y'all in just over a week.

chomp

I think that it's so sweet that your young daughter VSA goes to all of the events with you. There should be more family closeness like that. No, really...

:eek:

mweinstone
06-29-2007, 06:01
im going to the doyal tonight and walking south with johney thunder sat morn if any ones commin.

trailangelmary
06-29-2007, 12:12
Matthewski,
Will you be in Duncannon Saturday evening or Sunday? Let's get together.

Johnny Thunder
06-29-2007, 12:15
Matthewski,
Will you be in Duncannon Saturday evening or Sunday? Let's get together.

We'll be in Duncannon this evening, tomorrow morning, and again on Sunday evening.

What suits your schedule?

(sorry, I'm not Matthewski...but, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express)

Johnny

trailangelmary
06-29-2007, 12:22
(sorry, I'm not Matthewski...but, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express)
LOL I am anxious to meet you Johnny Thunder. Matthewski knows where I live and has my phone number. If I don't find you, find me! I work tonight at the Riviera Tavern, Saturday till 5 at the same place. Sunday is my day off. I'll be in Duncannon.

Boo Boo
06-30-2007, 11:05
When is the feed this year?

Stonewall
06-30-2007, 12:26
I hope all is well with everyone . I'm sorry I won't be able to make it this year being in France kind of makes it hard....:p but hope everyone has a blast, take care and much love.

trailangelmary
06-30-2007, 18:12
Hope you can make it. It's next weekend. July 6.7.8

trailangelmary
06-30-2007, 18:18
Another donation received: from a fellow employee, Sheryl Oakes, 80 buns for the Pig Sandwiches. Who Said Pig? :clap

Uncle Silly
07-01-2007, 11:41
Oh man I can't believe I'm gonna miss the pig.... y'all enjoy some 'Que for me!

trailangelmary
07-01-2007, 12:14
Mary is on countdown to Friday! Busy week ahead. Final Preparations, lots of prep cooking to do, final shopping. Today: make the pickled red beet eggs! Come one, come all to the Billville Feed & Fun! :welcome

trailangelmary
07-01-2007, 12:36
Mary has purchased with some of the $ donations more of the food and supplies needed:
Praline Syrup for the French Toast
Sugar
Mayonnaise
Parmesan Cheese
Dish Sponge
Brown Sugar
Taco Seasoning
:sun

mweinstone
07-01-2007, 14:25
ididorade. formerly sled dog formerly many other names and real last name pace, is currently being saught after by police and rangers in the area north of dunncannon. wanted in tennessee for outstanding warents, this con man prays on hikerdom. riping off hostels and playing poor me with hikers. i have a photo but need to know from one of you how to downsize the file in order to meet whiteblazes file size limit. this criminal attatched himself to johnny thunder and i after we had pulled into the amc crew headquarters about 3pm on saturday after we had walked from the doyal. about 15 miles or so.he lies about everything and has done and been almost everything and claimes to be friends with baltimore jack and the dude and a host of others i think he may have read about but has maby never met. this guy is slick. if you meet him, call police or rangers. he followed us to the doyal where vicky sumarily booted his ass out. she had been givin his description weeks ago and was waiting for him. the other thru hikers knew all about him and had different versions of the lies he told us.he says hes from alaska. be careful!

mweinstone
07-01-2007, 15:07
first, we drove to the doyal arriving before dark friday eve but not in time for the kitchen to be stil open. we rented room 23 for 9 days. we unpacked and walked across the river to the place trail angel mary works for some food , and hugs. we got a ride back to the doyal from chuck, a friend of the angel. we cooked popcorn in the back lot of the doyal and went to bed . at 430 am i woke to pack and break camp. we steped onto the trail at 7am and hiked to the amc crew headquarters without incedent. with such an easy early day, it was only 3 pm. we decided to cook dinner and go back to the doyal to see if jack and dude were there yet. all day we met about a dozen thru hikers running for the doyal. so trail angel mary was called for the ride to the doyal. speed button 3. she arived in the AT mobile and took myself, jonny thunder and the parisite to the doyal. after vicky dumped his ass on the street, we relaxed and drank in our room. we did tons of magic on the thrus we met and i left my room decked with candy and booze and stuff for dude. he has the bed if he wants. the goat has the middle floor and i have the window wall. you guys call me . i was gonna rent jester room 24 for fun and old times sake. i will if he likes. the angel picks me up at dinner time tuesday eve and ill resume casting magik. between trail angel magic, and pat and vicky of the doyal, duncanon is really starting to revive. lets hope more hostels and outfitters open in this mecca city of our trail. its folks like mary, pat and vicky who mold my impressions of good trailfolk. they are loved by many and make an awsome tour de force. i love you three. xoxoxoxoxoxmatty.

Lilred
07-01-2007, 15:33
There are two hikers named Sled Dog. One is the questionable character, the other is the real deal. I met both of them while on my section hike. I had heard the questionable one was taken off the trail by rangers, but who knows. Seems he even stole his trail name from a hiker. The "normal" Sled Dog was hiking with a guy named Red Line, when I met him. He signs the registers with an 'AK' after his name.

mweinstone
07-01-2007, 16:46
dear red. we need to take this to the thread i just started on iditorad on the general thinggy. respect for billville. there my ticket outta this city and i gotta respect them. this is gonna be a manhunt so lets leave this thread. thanks my sistah in trash!

mweinstone
07-01-2007, 17:04
mat of materdumb, or more formaly, mat of the hamlat of materdumb, has red duck tape. it needs to dry a little, it has flys from being so freash! we will have our 7 block trail blazed to the campground/ballfeild.

trailangelmary
07-02-2007, 08:19
Thanks, Matt for getting the red duct tape. See you Tuesday.

mweinstone
07-02-2007, 21:30
mary on way. work finished today enough for two days. many fruit die now. kirk kill strawberrys . blueberries die . bags of mostly water kill cantelope and honeydue. even. now lights in sand make fruit salad. die bannana. we make fruit salad for kirk and crew and friends we be. bill go long way now. long way apple. long way orange. back to 23. back to dude. jack. of baltimore. with tarlin. at the river. golga.

soon the work of billville starts. the confusion. the humorlessness. oh the humorlessness. ya gotta love what ya do! see you all at the campground! bring steak! bring bacon. but whatever you do,... bring friends!

trailangelmary
07-03-2007, 09:12
I left Duncannon last evening about 8:00 pm and got back to Duncannon about 1 AM with Matt and the fruit he is donating to the feed. The trunk and the entire back seat were full. He brought cantelope, honeydew, strawberries, apples, blueberries, peaches, pineapple, bananas, grapes, oranges in large amounts. Cases of each. Check out the attached pics. We will have the most awesome fresh fruit salad.

Jester2000
07-03-2007, 19:33
I hope all is well with everyone . I'm sorry I won't be able to make it this year being in France kind of makes it hard....

That's the worst excuse ever.

FROM Cafe 'N Cremes:Biscuits to feed 40 people Saturday morning breakfast Shrek works there now!:clap

This is a new business in town and I hope everyone stops by and says thanks and buys a something or other. Thanks Shrek! Thanks Cafe 'n' Cremes!

There are two hikers named Sled Dog.

Excellent point, and one I was about to make. I've met them both, but now I'm not sure which is which. As long as Ididerod doesn't revert to his old name I don't think it'll be a problem. Props to our local trail law dog Todd Romaly for being on top of this.

Man I'm getting excited. Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Well, you know, except for The Goat. And Boo Boo.

trailangelmary
07-04-2007, 00:09
Matt came with me tonight as we shopped trying to finalize the list of needed items. We purchased:
Paper towels
Soup and fruit bowls
red beets ( didn't have enough for the eggs that Matt cooked for me today)
sauerkraut
chili sauce
vinegar
peanut butter
butane
olive oil
more mayo
SWEET lebanon bologna
scrapple
texas toast
orange juice concentrate
some sterno (need more - only got one pack - that sold them out)
50/50 tickets
onions
:banana

Heater
07-04-2007, 00:12
Bill-who?!!

trailangelmary
07-04-2007, 00:13
Hikers are pouring into Duncannon today. Some are staying for the rest of the week; some want to hitch back for the feed; some not sure; some I will slack pack on Thursday and then they will stay for the feed. Word is there will be lots coming into Duncannon tomorrow and Friday.:welcome

Jack Tarlin
07-04-2007, 00:15
Good to hear what you've got.

But what do you still NEED?

Presently in Harpers Ferry; see you on the 5th sometime.

Looking forward to some wonderful and probably horrifying 3AM prep cooking in Casa Mary...... make sure you have lotsa coffee and an ash tray.

trailangelmary
07-04-2007, 00:23
But what do you still NEED?
I need you here in my kitchen Jack!! Can't wait to see you. Ashtray and coffee pot ready!! And Matt is here ready to be our clean up man.
Give Chore Boy and Laura my best.
:D

Blister
07-04-2007, 01:00
Damn, hikers are just starting to come through north and south.....
I want to be hiking!!!! Say NO to DRAMA!!!!!:dance :dance :dance

Roland
07-04-2007, 03:57
I left Duncannon last evening about 8:00 pm and got back to Duncannon about 1 AM with Matt and the fruit he is donating to the feed. The trunk and the entire back seat were full. He brought cantelope, honeydew, strawberries, apples, blueberries, peaches, pineapple, bananas, grapes, oranges in large amounts. Cases of each. Check out the attached pics. We will have the most awesome fresh fruit salad.

For a man with financial woes (as he so openly discusses), mweinstone is an incredibly generous man.

Nightwalker
07-04-2007, 04:38
For a man with financial woes (as he so openly discusses), mweinstone is an incredibly generous man.

That Mattie is generous cannot be successfully argued. I've seen up-close evidence of his kind heart.

I Wubboo, Main!

StarLyte
07-04-2007, 10:44
Glad Matty is there...he loves hiker events, and is quite generous with his time, money and energy. Thanks Matty!

Mary-I emailed you - need to know what else is needed...

Minnesota Smith, this is where I first met you...sitting at the Doyle...

Stonewall in the French Alps...this is where I first met Stonewall too! I tagged him "Lil' RiffRaff"...name lasted for 2 days, but he looks like big RiffRaff.

Jester...how's the Billville box of goodies and toys lookin? Need anything?

WalkinHome >>> save me a tent spot next to you please...departing Cleveland at noon on Friday, arriving around 5pm-6ish.

Love to all...and I know you don't like hiker feeds Lone Wolf and I completely understand that, but I'll miss you and Gypsy.

trailangelmary
07-04-2007, 11:15
I purchased maple sausage this morning for the Sausage Gravy:sun

Wonder
07-04-2007, 17:52
My love to all of you!

Fannypack
07-04-2007, 20:55
WalkinHome >>> save me a tent spot next to you please...departing Cleveland at noon on Friday, arriving around 5pm-6ish.

i believe Ray & his lady are still in Great Britain

StarLyte
07-05-2007, 06:49
i believe Ray & his lady are still in Great Britain

Thought that was cancelled due to a death in the family...I must have read wrong.

Thanks.

chomp
07-05-2007, 09:14
No - you read it right. I am bringing them both down in the van tonight!

Jack Tarlin
07-05-2007, 12:33
Chomp:

Sitting in Harpers Ferry right now waiting for Dude to arrive; should be in Duncannon sometime this evening. Hope to see you at the Doyle shortly before it closes or I'll be in Mary's kitchen all night in my new role as prep cook helper.

Geez. Didn't the 13th Amendment have something to say about this sorta thing?

Becareful on the road, see you soon.

futs
07-05-2007, 13:58
im in harpers ferry right now just got in if any one is coming thourgh could you please give me a call on my cell me and my bro could realy use a ride up there .... hate hiching in the rain :) 207-399-4936
thank you

Jack Tarlin
07-05-2007, 14:05
I'm in Harpers, but we have NO room in the car, certainly not for two folks.

It's certainly hitchable as nothing is really going on in Duncannon til tomorrow afternoon.

futs
07-05-2007, 15:19
thats cool man ... thx any ways ... if any one elts is around or on the way there that i could hich to a closer spot please let me know

RedneckRye
07-06-2007, 00:25
I am full of hate towards myself since I can't be there. Oh well, I'll get over it and will see all of you at the Gathering.
Between now and then I'll be on a glacier somewhere in Alaska any you all will be in Pennsylvania walking with the rattlesnakes.
:banana

driveby
07-06-2007, 09:16
If I did not have to be at work today, I would already be there; But G_man and I will be arriving tonight. Please make sure that the band is ready for our arrival and there are lots of balloons. Mary, anything last minute that you would like me to bring in tonight. I have a bunch of reusable plastic cups that I thought would be good. Anything else?

Driveby and G_man

driveby
07-06-2007, 09:23
one other question. Is there a need for the leaf blower?

Jack Tarlin
07-06-2007, 09:23
Mary:

Hope you see this; departure from Harpers obviously delayed, and it's too far to walk. Leaving momentarily (it's 9:30 now in the AM); see you ASAP.

trailangelmary
07-06-2007, 10:41
Thank you to Steve Fehr, a hiker lover townie, for his cash donation. :clap :clap

trailangelmary
07-06-2007, 10:49
A BIG Thanks to Zero, my kitchen helper all day yesterday. Without him I would not be ready. I cooked all day and night, slept from 6am-8am and back at it this morning. I am almost done and at the park for the weekend. I saved the homefries for you Jack. Some '07ers are showing up to help. One is doing this mornings pots and pans, one is sweeping, Zero is picking up hikers at the 325 road crossing.
Matthewski did the red blazes early this morning.
Anyone that can swing by road crossings please do if you have room. Some hikers are here with my help and will need rides on Sunday as I am going on my second part of my week vacation to the beach.:sun

driveby
07-06-2007, 10:59
jack, if you get stuck, let me know. i can always make a detour and pick you up.

Wonder
07-06-2007, 11:17
Go tmy first report this morning, via Matthewski, from the fest. Sounds like it's going to be the best yet! You're all in my heart, and in my brain I'm there with you!

trailangelmary
07-06-2007, 13:22
Billville members that have arrived: Mala, Chomp, VSA, Walkin' Home, Janice, Baltimore Jack, The Dude, Zero (newest Bill, he earned it.), Matthewski .

Mary showered and going to park to stay for a while. Hope wherever you are you are having a good day.
May the light of God surround you.
May the love of God enfold you.
May the power of God protect you.
May the presence of God watch over you.
Wherever you are, God is.
Wherever God is all is well.

Have a great weekend. We WILL.:welcome :sun

TJ aka Teej
07-06-2007, 16:49
Have a great weekend. We WILL.:welcome :sun
I'm sure of it! Have fun, everyone!

StarLyte
07-08-2007, 22:45
Hello all....

Returned a while ago from the Billville Hiker Feed...met a lot of GREAT AT07'ers!

The food was incredible...still can't believe I ate that much.

I met Pacific Tortuga, AT07'er ! Great guy! Funny how you meet Whiteblazers and they are so different than what you would predict.

Hundreds of photos were taken, sorting thru many now. I only have half up, will put the other half up on Monday. Thanks to Kevin Richter for the Nikon camera and DVC recorder! He's a great photographer! It frees me up to socialize :rolleyes:

Jester you are good vocalist. Jester sang Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World"...and sounded just like him. WOW. Yes, I have it on video (now let's see if Jester lets me upload it on the Internet!). I also have him performing Prince...which was a Karaoke Jockey mishap, but Jester took right over and sang it...it was awesome.

We took a lot of videos, and will be uploading them somewhere on the Internet. We'll post the URL here on this thread. In particular, the Leki Pole Toss and AT Obstacle Course contests. They were a lot of fun!

Great organization by Trail Angel Mary and Bag O' Tricks....as usual! Mary you had fun didn't ya.

Thanks to everyone involved. It takes a LOT of work!

mweinstone
07-09-2007, 02:19
jones, the dudes girlfriend.
the dude, jones' boyfriend.
only two of the beautiful people.
my two favs.
feed falesy or feed fact?
feeding causes fed.

mweinstone
07-09-2007, 02:25
miss janet, katelyns bow and katie . mala.

mweinstone
07-09-2007, 02:29
me dude goat and jones. and gods light on angels shines brightly.

mweinstone
07-09-2007, 08:50
zero is not billville. he is not nice. he scares me. my great friend trail angel mary is mistaken. this is a scammer. he is a bad man. after haveing a sip of burbon in my room one night with about 5 other guests, he turned ugly. very very ugly. he stopped being able to listen even when it was " put down the bottle and leave. he was too out of control to hear words. he was another in a long long line of increasingly worrysome , near criminal or criminal hiker posers. woke up in the middle of the night hours later, he was in my room retrieving more bourbon and whatever else he may or may not have taken. he walked back from marys to steal from me. again, generosity failed to pay on the AT. again, crimes are commited and gotten away with. what ? should i have called the police and put a hurt on the festivitys? no no no. its the new AT. you exspect to see scammers in abundance. they live there now. the trail is sick. very sick. flooded with an unatural proportion of criminal scammers. its ripe for scamming. it invites scammers from far and wide. dangerouse sexual peditors and thievs. its been suggested that doing trail magic is wrong. i agree. i will do it because its my way and wrongsters wont stop me. but inside, i feel its wrong. the recipients are drunck, rich, supported by their parents, dishonest, untrusting, and most of all , scamming. the ones who take magic and use it properly and with humility, are my friends and we know who we are. and the others know who they are. sad. mary im sorry if we disagree on zero. i warn everyone to beware of this preditor. he is not a healthy or good or safe individual. i felt the perpencity for great violence. be afraid folks. be very afraid. its a harsh lesson to have to be brutaly honest but its what i preach. join me mary. denounce this leach and join me and lonewolf in truthfull critisism of the people of the trail. we dont even need to mention the good folks. they still outnumber all others. its just the end of the trails purity i feel. a new trail in witch the ills of citys like philadelphia are more reflected in its populus than ever. and zero, i know your reading this . you stayed away from the park and the doyal and the festivitys after i confronted you . like a guilty person would. i thank you for spareing us any further trouble from you after the night i kicked you out. i see that meeting me has made you aware of our communitys protectors. your story of your hiking and trail acompleshments are full of holes at best. you never made it past dunncanon and are not a counsler and you have a story to milk any situation. sadly, your very likeable. and scary. you either need to leave the trail community alone or change into a person we do not fear. we fear you for good reasons. because you hurt folks. in many ways im so so sure. be aware, your not welcome here. not by matthewski or any of the friends you saw me hugging and hanging with. i will in fact pray for you sir. and i do some how pitty you. your very sad. get help and one day communitys like ours will honestly welcome you rather than fearfully avoiding confronting you while you usurp or steal or whatever slimy crap it is you do.ya got a devel in you boy. find jesus for help. im sorry to the community for the drama and the negitism. but folks will get hurt if we dont start here with each fool we meet. we are our brothers keepers.

TOW
07-09-2007, 09:29
That Mattie is generous cannot be successfully argued. I've seen up-close evidence of his kind heart.

I Wubboo, Main!
me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOW
07-09-2007, 09:37
zero is not billville. he is not nice. he scares me. my great friend trail angel mary is mistaken. this is a scammer. he is a bad man. after haveing a sip of burbon in my room one night with about 5 other guests, he turned ugly. very very ugly. he stopped being able to listen even when it was " put down the bottle and leave. he was too out of control to hear words. he was another in a long long line of increasingly worrysome , near criminal or criminal hiker posers. woke up in the middle of the night hours later, he was in my room retrieving more bourbon and whatever else he may or may not have taken. he walked back from marys to steal from me. again, generosity failed to pay on the AT. again, crimes are commited and gotten away with. what ? should i have called the police and put a hurt on the festivitys? no no no. its the new AT. you exspect to see scammers in abundance. they live there now. the trail is sick. very sick. flooded with an unatural proportion of criminal scammers. its ripe for scamming. it invites scammers from far and wide. dangerouse sexual peditors and thievs. its been suggested that doing trail magic is wrong. i agree. i will do it because its my way and wrongsters wont stop me. but inside, i feel its wrong. the recipients are drunck, rich, supported by their parents, dishonest, untrusting, and most of all , scamming. the ones who take magic and use it properly and with humility, are my friends and we know who we are. and the others know who they are. sad. mary im sorry if we disagree on zero. i warn everyone to beware of this preditor. he is not a healthy or good or safe individual. i felt the perpencity for great violence. be afraid folks. be very afraid. its a harsh lesson to have to be brutaly honest but its what i preach. join me mary. denounce this leach and join me and lonewolf in truthfull critisism of the people of the trail. we dont even need to mention the good folks. they still outnumber all others. its just the end of the trails purity i feel. a new trail in witch the ills of citys like philadelphia are more reflected in its populus than ever. and zero, i know your reading this . you stayed away from the park and the doyal and the festivitys after i confronted you . like a guilty person would. i thank you for spareing us any further trouble from you after the night i kicked you out. i see that meeting me has made you aware of our communitys protectors. your story of your hiking and trail acompleshments are full of holes at best. you never made it past dunncanon and are not a counsler and you have a story to milk any situation. sadly, your very likeable. and scary. you either need to leave the trail community alone or change into a person we do not fear. we fear you for good reasons. because you hurt folks. in many ways im so so sure. be aware, your not welcome here. not by matthewski or any of the friends you saw me hugging and hanging with. i will in fact pray for you sir. and i do some how pitty you. your very sad. get help and one day communitys like ours will honestly welcome you rather than fearfully avoiding confronting you while you usurp or steal or whatever slimy crap it is you do.ya got a devel in you boy. find jesus for help. im sorry to the community for the drama and the negitism. but folks will get hurt if we dont start here with each fool we meet. we are our brothers keepers.
I am sorry that you had to go thru this Matty. But like you said, just because there are bad apples, there are plenty of good ones too. I agree with everything you said here Matty.

I love you bro!

Lilred
07-09-2007, 12:43
I first met Zero in 2005 at the Fontana Hilton and he was every bit a gentleman. I again met him in Damascus this year on his thru. He's been hiking the A.T. for quite some time. Seems if he was a thief, it'd been known by now. May have a drinking problem, but he never once scared me, on the contrary, I felt quite safe around him. Matty, how do you know he has never been a counselor?? I doubt you have any proof of what you consider lies. Is it a habit of yours to slam people on this forum?

sherrill
07-09-2007, 12:52
Jester you are good vocalist. Jester sang Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World"...and sounded just like him.

If he did then he still doesn't have his voice back probably... :D

Wonder
07-09-2007, 12:59
Matty is a very good friend of mine, and for good reason. He is nothing but honest. He would not lie about someone ripping him off.....he's had his generosity abused before, and kept mum. If he says someone...anyone was into his pack, I belive him.
I had heard of Zero this year, and heard good things........nice guy and things like that. Well, I know "Nice Guys" on the trail who are really anything but.........beware the cover.

Lilred
07-09-2007, 13:41
If he's nothing but honest, then how does he know that Zero was never a counselor? Where does he get his information to accuse a person of lying?

I have heard of Matty this year, and heard good things, nice guy and things like that. Well, I know "Nice Guys" on the trail who are really anything but........beware the cover.....

You see how things can get twisted? Do you see how insinuations like that could ruin a person's character?

It sounds like Zero went back to the 'scene' of the party to get another drink, and matty went on to insinuate not only that he stole other stuff, but that he's a criminal, thief, liar, preditor and scammer.

Heater
07-09-2007, 14:01
Zero will probably reply on TJ or on here. He is in the area so maybe Matt and Zero will get together on this. I started reading zero's journal a few months ago but lost interest because I felt his writings displayed an essence of superiority with regards to the opposite sex. I just kinda lost interest in what he had to say after a while of that. I think he is probaly being truthful about the counseler part. If he DID take something from Matthewski's pack without asking, that is stealing and may be a sign of a more serious problem.

Jack Tarlin
07-09-2007, 17:49
Just got back from Duncannon.....what a great weekend. The campsite was beautiful (many thanx to our friends who live in town for finding the site); attendance was great, weather was better. Mary pulled out the stops, along with help from lots of folks in town who donated food (as well as a ridiculous ammount of baked goods from Jester's mom!!); Jerry's roast pig on Saturday was one of his best ever; the hikers in attendance were great folks and everyone had a blast. Several "surprise" guest showed up, including Miss Janet, daughter Kaitlin, and Fabian, the hands-down most popular dog on the Trail. Matty W, who was in town for over a week, was also a tremndous help. Special thanx to TrailAngelMary for pulling it all together, Jester for supervising a crowd that some folks would like to think can't be supervised, and Bag 'O Trix for keeping everyone occupied. Also, there was a lot of volunteer help in the kitchen and grounds, including tons of hiker guests wh pitched in to help out. Lastly, we remembered our good friends who couldn't make it, like Redneck Rye; Woody; Blister; Teatree; Mountain Dew; Wolf; Laurie P., Laurie W., and Ron from Harpers Ferry, and others too numerous to mention. We hope to see them all in Gettysburg in October, and hope to see some of you in Duncannon next year, where town officials have already invited us back to do it all over again.

mweinstone
07-09-2007, 18:26
i woke up hours later to find him towering over me, rummageing, screemed get out twice and found bottle missing in morn. is that wrong to say that its just comming back for a drink? yes it is. is it steeling? yes it is . can a person go to jail for such a thing? yes. even if it happened to matthewski at the doyal? yes even then. and is accusing an accuser the way to get details? no it isnt. and is this guy a warm friendly person who gives a good impression? no. unless your unskilled at reading folks. hes an obviouse lier. to the skilled listener. or anyone with common sence. only dreamers would dream this guy is nice. wake up. its an act. a slimmy act that hes practiced before. i think i know a bad person when i meet one. your a sheeple if you cant stand truth. if im wrong, so what. he was in my room towering over me asleep hours later having entered the hotel illegally. what part of that dont you like?

mweinstone
07-09-2007, 20:11
i should have put the negitive elsewhere. heres the good news!

we had pacific tortuga and crazy horse. pacific tortuga is the nicest person in the world. and crazy horse has the coolest tenting tecnique witch involves hours of newspaper reading and much napping. this man single handedly pioneered tentlife as it should be. unfortunatly tortuga is leaving the trail due to his knee witch he did each and everything right for but couldnt heal it . it needs more rest than is worth waiting for. and it would be ify anyway. but he will return to duncanon to pick it up .best of luck pacific torrtuga. thank you sir crazy horse for your kind words and sage advise.

mweinstone
07-09-2007, 21:12
me and the goat support baltimore jacks thruhike.
billville mayor jester wonders if the lightning bugs are in fact starting to bite.

StarLyte
07-09-2007, 21:38
Hello friends...

All of the photos that Kevin and I took have been uploaded and over-bandwidth'ed on this site...I'll have to donate a little more this year ATTroll...

There are many hikers that I can't quite remember, please feel free to leave their Trail name or a response on the photos....I know you will on some of them :rolleyes:

View under "Get Togethers."

I'll post back here when I have the videos up in cyberspace.

mweinstone
07-09-2007, 21:54
moso and white crow hanging out together. pig alone and being circled by turkey vultures.

mweinstone
07-09-2007, 22:04
walkin home and walkin homes girl.
funny,.......every trail event , if i see ray, then theirs a new hat left on my pack. allways about maine. oh well. must be a coincedence.
know why lobstah has to be searved on a hamburger bun? yeah, im gonna tell. samitch! samitchy! samitchyest! i have known and been with biblicly, a samich!

mweinstone
07-09-2007, 22:12
billville. and fillville. we ate alot.

Trillium
07-09-2007, 23:19
billville. and fillville. we ate alot.who's the hip-eye sitting in front of Matt?

mweinstone
07-10-2007, 07:24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg0Og4J0nU0
baltimore jack and jester in sorrentos late after a weekend of feeding. very sleepy.

Lone Wolf
07-10-2007, 07:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg0Og4J0nU0

an academy award winner for sure

mweinstone
07-10-2007, 09:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9VoCtGNRdM

heres trail angel marys feed on the 4th. we had a blast!

WalkinHome
07-10-2007, 21:06
Hey Matt,

Keep the Farmington hat-I am finished with it even though I did not intend to leave it in Duncannon I am sure you can have some fun with it-enjoy samitch breath.

mweinstone
07-10-2007, 21:51
hey baby. what lays on my pack , stays on my pack. thats directly from the bullys guide to hiking. wait. you mean to tell me, that your a hatlooser? wow! i never would have thaught of you as antihat. i imagined you to have the focus of a ninja and never to loose anything. oh!....wait a minute,.....its the girl. shes got you distracted. she is quite beautiful. and you do make a lovely pair. yup! walkin homes in love! i would have never known if it werent for the hatleave. ya see, hatleaves speak vollumes about a persons lovelife. oh yeah. when your excited you may forget your pants. when your stupid you may loose your shirt. when your mad you may loose your cool. but only when your in love with the right person, does one loose their hat! you see , walkin home? now you must marry her! when i saw her reading and loungeing comfortably outside the tent while you were busy helping, i knew she was the one for you. any woman that actually likes to sit with hikers in a ballpark reading and loungeing outside of a tent,... is a keeper! on the other hand, any woman who likes mini poodles is nuts.

mweinstone
07-10-2007, 22:24
trailangelmary exsplains why donuts have holes .
white crow is a chick magnet. thats why i keep him close. that , and hes a great friend to have. im really glad to know you sir. we have many times of fun and hiking ahead i pray. i like to think of room 23 as , my room. all the beautyfull people gather there.

Blister
07-10-2007, 23:15
Hey guys,
I really wissshhhh I was there!!!!!!!!!!!!! I recieved only 2 drunken phone calls that weekend. One when Chonp arrived and closed the bar and called me after the bar closed. Mathewski called and left a wonderful redition of the local broadcaters version of the outcome. I cannot wait to see the pictures, the stories, ect... In the meantime I have been hosting northbounders on their strange journeys. Automn Joy, Stud muffin that I have renamed Space Muffin, because he is cluseless when he wakes up in the morning. Anyways I will let hem tell youtheir stories... Peace out I love you all , I am using a time regulated internet, peace out........

mweinstone
07-10-2007, 23:30
proof of tennessee jeds existance and a room with a veiw.

Panzer1
07-11-2007, 00:15
proof of tennessee jeds existance and a room with a veiw.

I heard he was missing...
Where did you find him.

Panzer

mweinstone
07-11-2007, 07:05
thats just his head we found on the floor under the bed. his body should turn up sooner or later. as long as we have his head.

starlyte was beaming. shes my hard earned friend. do you know what i mean? i had to be an ass and be forgivin once. thats how it is sometimes. you meet someone and you dont know that your going to be friends for life so you act like a fool and almost blow it. then you start over and give the relationship a second chance. i brag to folks about my friend starlyte and how much i respect her. she dosnt know. cause im a fat fool. i love you my sistah.oxoxoxoxooxmaty.
as to bag o' tricks. same thing. i respect bag o' tricks more than he knows cause ive acted bad around him a couple times. hes forgivin me like a champ and i am glad of it. tricks dont forgive easy either. if you piss him off enough, he cuts you loose. im glad were friends tricks. your another one like starlyte who i praise alot when your not around. and then i act like an ass when you are. like blinding you with my 15 million candelpower lamp. your skills and kindness were shown when you saved the dudes girlfriend jones' foot from swelling off the edge of the earth.tricks had the swelling gone by morning by following his resque trainning to the letter. we elevated, iced it, gave ibuprofen and by morn twas all but gone!

mweinstone
07-11-2007, 07:26
a table of magic. the orbs that live in room 23 told me they used to be railroad men who haunt the doyal because its old and unchanged from the times of the railroad.

mweinstone
07-11-2007, 07:36
a couple of rock star hikers . very nice folks.

mweinstone
07-11-2007, 07:40
this guy never wavered from his stareing. baltimore jack does bruce for the kitchen staff and backstage pass holders.

the goat
07-11-2007, 09:34
this guy never wavered from his stareing. baltimore jack does bruce for the kitchen staff and backstage pass holders.

he's actually doing bon jovi in that pic.

WalkinHome
07-11-2007, 09:46
hey baby. what lays on my pack , stays on my pack. thats directly from the bullys guide to hiking. wait. you mean to tell me, that your a hatlooser? wow! i never would have thaught of you as antihat. i imagined you to have the focus of a ninja and never to loose anything. oh!....wait a minute,.....its the girl. shes got you distracted. she is quite beautiful. and you do make a lovely pair. yup! walkin homes in love! i would have never known if it werent for the hatleave. ya see, hatleaves speak vollumes about a persons lovelife. oh yeah. when your excited you may forget your pants. when your stupid you may loose your shirt. when your mad you may loose your cool. but only when your in love with the right person, does one loose their hat! you see , walkin home? now you must marry her! when i saw her reading and loungeing comfortably outside the tent while you were busy helping, i knew she was the one for you. any woman that actually likes to sit with hikers in a ballpark reading and loungeing outside of a tent,... is a keeper! on the other hand, any woman who likes mini poodles is nuts.

Hey Matt-it was hot-I took off the hat-I forgot the hat (I am old)-that's it. LOL See you at the Gathering-maybe I will bring another hat to "forget". See you on the high ground.

Jester2000
07-12-2007, 18:51
Hey all! Just wanted to say thanks for a wonderful weekend. The town was very welcoming (as usual), the hikers were fun and grateful, the music at the Doyle and the entertainment and food at the park were top notch (thanks to Mary and Tricks).

That's mostly it. It almost went too well. As for that video Matty shot at the pizza place. . .spectacular. I notice that Wingfoot commented on it. He said that the spirit of the Trail was in the woods, not in a pizza joint.

He's wrong. The spirit of the Trail is, in fact, in my pants.

mweinstone
07-13-2007, 07:18
millers, where bullits,bugler and buckshot , intersect the appalachian trail. millers, of duncannon. located just one block from the doyal.serving hikers and hunters for over 30 years. millers.

trailangelmary
07-13-2007, 13:03
who's the hip-eye sitting in front of Matt?

That is Bonz and his dog Rio.