PDA

View Full Version : I gave in...

Lyle
06-09-2007, 21:01
I just placed my order for a Speer Hammock IIIA. Now I can't wait to get it!

Thanks for all the great info here and on Hammock Forums. I feel confident that I will throughly enjoy my Speer when I get it even though I've never tried any hammock.:D

peanuts
06-09-2007, 22:45
lyle, welcome to the dark side:D
just remember, don't forget ,bottom insualtion!!!! and if you have not checked hammock forums.net for all talk regarding hammocks and diy hammocks...go there!!:D:D

FanaticFringer
06-09-2007, 23:00
Welcome to the hammock mafia Lyle. You can resist only so long.:D
I have a Speer also. As well as 2 Hennessy hammocks. Even thinking of making a hammock myself. Wish I had waited a little bit and got a Speer IIIA like yourself. I got the older model which is a foot shorter. The consensus seems to be that a longer hammock is a more comfy hammock. Thats why I'm looking at making a 10 footer.
Enjoy the learning curve and like Peanuts suggested, check out hammock forums for great info. and to get your questions answered.
Also check out www.tothewoods.net Tremendous site run by the moderator at hammock forums, Just Jeff.

Happy hangin

neo
09-12-2007, 11:36
I just placed my order for a Speer Hammock IIIA. Now I can't wait to get it!

Thanks for all the great info here and on Hammock Forums. I feel confident that I will throughly enjoy my Speer when I get it even though I've never tried any hammock.:D

:) ed speer is a great guy and he makes great gear,i really like his book on
hammock camping :cool: neo

welcome to the hanging crowd

D'Artagnan
09-12-2007, 13:23
Welcome to the fold. I used my ENO Double Eagle near Wise Shelter after a loop around Grayson Highlands this past Saturday. It was great to be able to set up in under two minutes and have a place to lay back while my hiking buddy was still dragging his tent out of his pack. :D It was also nice the next morning to stand up and feel ready to tackle the trail while he stumbled out of his tent like an arthritic octogenarian griping that his back sure was sore. Ahhh, hammocks! :banana

Ewker
09-12-2007, 13:35
I don't get it..I can tent or hammock and can't tell any difference in the morning. I sleep as well in one as I do the other..in fact the worse night sleep I ever had was in a hammock (right when I first tried one out)

neo
09-12-2007, 14:25
I don't get it..I can tent or hammock and can't tell any difference in the morning. I sleep as well in one as I do the other..in fact the worse night sleep I ever had was in a hammock (right when I first tried one out)

:D i remember that night,you woke up on the ground no wonder you could not tell the difference,but the trail magic me and rain man gave you made it worth it lol,you were a good sport about it:cool: neo

scope
09-12-2007, 15:02

Then you sleep on the ground well and don't need a hammock. I used to sleep on the ground well, too. Had a bad experience when I last tented and decided to hang from then on. Can't say that the hammock is yet to be the panacea for me, but I can tell a positive difference in the a.m.