PDA

View Full Version : Bennington, VT shuttle?

Sparkplug
06-11-2007, 08:08
Hi all,
I'm hoping some of you might have some ideas for me... Snowman and I are planning to do an overnight starting in Bennington, VT and ending at Stratton-Arlington Road (Kelley-Stand Road)next week. We live over on the coast of Maine, so we'd rather just drive one car over, park it at Stratton-Arlington Road and get a shuttle into Bennington for the start. Any ideas of who I might contact around the area for a possible shuttle? I've looked on the ATC shuttle list, but there doesn't seem to be anyone in the immediate area....
Any help is much appreciated!
-Sparkplug

TOW
06-11-2007, 09:34
Hi all,
I'm hoping some of you might have some ideas for me... Snowman and I are planning to do an overnight starting in Bennington, VT and ending at Stratton-Arlington Road (Kelley-Stand Road)next week. We live over on the coast of Maine, so we'd rather just drive one car over, park it at Stratton-Arlington Road and get a shuttle into Bennington for the start. Any ideas of who I might contact around the area for a possible shuttle? I've looked on the ATC shuttle list, but there doesn't seem to be anyone in the immediate area....
Any help is much appreciated!
-Sparkplug
Get to a phone directory and look up the name Phil Bowen in West Dover, Veremont. Call him and I think he will help you.

Tin Man
06-11-2007, 13:44
I see Dot MacDonald is still on the ATC shuttle list. She shuttled us from Stratton to Killington a couple of years ago. Dot is a nice lady and former thru-hiker.

Peaks
06-11-2007, 17:17
Contact Green Mountain Club and ask if they have a shuttle list

Sparkplug
06-11-2007, 19:59
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! Looks like I have a few good options :-)

Cosmo
06-12-2007, 21:07
If you get stuck, let me know (send me a PM). Except Tuesday and Friday, my schedule is pretty open next week. I only have a pickup truck, but it has jump seats, fine for a short trip with a not so tall person.

Cosmo

Ron Haven
06-12-2007, 23:05
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! Looks like I have a few good options :-)http://www.appalachiantrailservices.com/index.php?env=-inlink/index:m1393-1-1-1-s&reset=1 here is some of the shuttlers in that area.

Sparkplug
06-14-2007, 15:56
Hi guys,
Again, thanks for the advice, everyone!
In the end, Snowman has a work function so we aren't going to get over to VT next week. We're going to do a short section closer to home instead.
However, we will get over to VT eventually and all this info will go to good use sometime soon!
Happy Hiking :-)