PDA

View Full Version : wonders send off dinner

mweinstone
06-13-2007, 23:28
we ate. we laughed. we talked. we drank. we smoked. we hugged. we kissed. we said goodby. wonder was sent off in style . i found a beautiful pair of earings made from ancient roman recycled glass from the eyes gallery. a coconut and a poem and it was all over. stonewall, mothers finest and jester could not make it but were there in cell reception and hearts. teama and panzer and mrs panzer and cammo and friends sat and ate and said goodby to our sister in hike. shes moving to damascus to live by the trail possibly for the rest of her life. we never know when our next or last move is so we must be ready for the possibility she falls in love with the friendlyest trail town. mothers finest put it best in a call earlyer today. he says, he only met wonder once but she has such energy and happyness and that it seemed like only yesterday we sat at monks and talked of her upcomming hike. and how tonight she seals the deal on a new life on that very trail she so loves. wonder my dear, wherever i ever am, ill be reaching out to you with my arms in hug. i love you enough for a thousand lifetimes. you are my sister hiker. kind of a wonderhiker. similer to wonder woman but your planes not invisible. and its not a plane its a backpack.

note to public: wonder shaved her pits.

isnt the innernet cool?

mweinstone
06-13-2007, 23:30
here we sit .
gathered round.
wonders leaving .
tears hit the ground.
were not sad.
were glad.
this poetry styles not really mine.
i stole it from jester.
he’ll be mad.
for a time.
panzers here and cammos near.
teama too.....wait a minute.
who has a mom with a trailname like that?
wonder does.
and heres where she sat.
on the night when her wonder too soon says goodby.
sometimes this resturant in summer has flys.
i think of them now.
because i hate these goodbys.
shes moving to damasscus.
the trail town we love.
i hate her for that.
i’ll try and rise above.
i’ll pray for her happyness.
and miss her nappyness.
ill kiss her well wishes
this place makes you eat without dishes.
panzers wife looks on.
the only non hiker.
what can she think?
how much have i had to drink?
the waiters here pour tea from up high.
a few days from this meal.
teama says goodby.
and wonders off. im happy for her,.......cough cough.

Lone Wolf
06-13-2007, 23:36
Baltimore Jack and Bag O Triks are here in Damassskiss. We'll greet her tomorrow. have beer and such.

Wonder
06-13-2007, 23:37
I think that Matt is trying to make me cry again. I've been losing is off and on, but Matt is the tops!
It is such a comfort to me......an honor that I don't even feel I deserve to have a family of hikers like Jack and Panzer.....and especialy Matt. Always there to share a good time, a smile, and a hug. I'm really going to miss many things about philly, but I'm looking forward to the new adventure ahead of me! A new business, a new and VERY different place then I"m used to, and my very own place. Always I will look at home, as southeastern pa I guess will always be, with a smile in my heart.......... I'll miss you all and you know that you are always more then welcome with me

Wonder
06-13-2007, 23:39
Baltimore Jack and Bag O Triks are here in Damassskiss. We'll greet her tomorrow. have beer and such.
That'll be a neat trick since I won't be there until saturday:D Hope I can catch y'all then!

Lone Wolf
06-13-2007, 23:41
That'll be a neat trick since I won't be there until saturday:D Hope I can catch y'all then!

every day is a saturday and every meal is a banquet to me. oops.

mweinstone
06-13-2007, 23:41
cleft chin and too hot food panzer.

mweinstone
06-13-2007, 23:45
that guys chin is hollywood gold! sorry, that was panzer before he ate the hot pepper sprayed chicken. hold on. heres him after.

Ron Haven
06-13-2007, 23:45
I think that Matt is trying to make me cry again. I've been losing is off and on, but Matt is the tops!
It is such a comfort to me......an honor that I don't even feel I deserve to have a family of hikers like Jack and Panzer.....and especialy Matt. Always there to share a good time, a smile, and a hug. I'm really going to miss many things about philly, but I'm looking forward to the new adventure ahead of me! A new business, a new and VERY different place then I"m used to, and my very own place. Always I will look at home, as southeastern pa I guess will always be, with a smile in my heart.......... I'll miss you all and you know that you are always more then welcome with meWW what have you got going on?????

Wonder
06-13-2007, 23:52
I'm moving to Damascus to run the MoJoe Trailside Coffeeshop............. also taking over the roll as town freak (hehehe) As of Saturday...I'm a Dam Yankee!

Wonder
06-13-2007, 23:56
So, let me just ramble on a bit more about how matty spoils me.....
Not only did he give me a FANTASTIC pair of earrings, take me out to a groovy dinner, help me set up my apartment.....he gave me a coconut(don't ask......I don't know) but it's funny. The label on the wrapping says "Wacky Coconut Whack sharply on groove to crack" Now, y'all know me.......just how many places do you think I can go with that??

Wonder
06-13-2007, 23:57
oh, and the poem....that did make me cry. No one ever wrote me a peom before...........

Nightwalker
06-13-2007, 23:58
I'm moving to Damascus to run the MoJoe Trailside Coffeeshop............. also taking over the roll as town freak (hehehe) As of Saturday...I'm a Dam Yankee!

I'm pretty sure that you'd have to get a lot weirder to be the town freak. But maybe I don't know. :)

mweinstone
06-14-2007, 00:01
cammo jack and me talked bible boats and babes at my apt after. he went to work after blabbing and then called from work to blab some more . he builds ospray aircraft. CAMMO JACK: THE LAST LINE OF DEFENSE. now its just sit back and let wonder set up what we'll call, southpark. heres a parcial list of changes i exspect to see next visit to dammascus. wonder for mayor signs. the wonder trailside shrink and karrioke stands flurishing. wonderpark south and its disny sized roan mountain water slide under construction. wonderburgers on sicillys menue. i wil also exspect to see wonder soaps and bath opening its fith store at least. and a couple streets named for her.

Nightwalker
06-14-2007, 00:05
cammo jack and me talked bible boats and babes at my apt after. he went to work after blabbing and then called from work to blab some more . he builds ospray aircraft. CAMMO JACK: THE LAST LINE OF DEFENSE. now its just sit back and let wonder set up what we'll call, southpark. heres a parcial list of changes i exspect to see next visit to dammascus. wonder for mayor signs. the wonder trailside shrink and karrioke stands flurishing. wonderpark south and its disny sized roan mountain water slide under construction. wonderburgers on sicillys menue. i wil also exspect to see wonder soaps and bath opening its fith store at least. and a couple streets named for her.

And a buncha peeple walkin' around sayin' "wunder where I'm at?"

Dang, though, if she ain't the cutest little hiker girl. I just wanna pinch her li'l cheek. 'Course, clumsy as I am, I'd probably just poke her eye out...

I wish I 'uz up there all stondered with y'all. It's been way too long, and I'm havin' one of them kinda nights. Oh well.

mweinstone
06-14-2007, 00:21
you are with us in our hearts and prayers blight talker, i mean slight stalker, sorry,nightwalker.

camojack
06-14-2007, 00:25

Man, do I look crazed in that picture or what?! :eek:
I guess that fact that I am has something to do with it... :D

camojack
06-14-2007, 00:26
you are with us in our hearts and prayers blight talker, i mean slight stalker, sorry,nightwalker.

Slight stalker? Too funny... :rolleyes:

Love ya, Frank! :D

pokeyhontas98
06-14-2007, 00:30
Thank you Matthewski for sharing your "Wonder poem" and thank you Wonder for the inspiration. I would love to hang out with you folks sometime I enjoy all the stories.

Ron Haven
06-14-2007, 01:26
I'm moving to Damascus to run the MoJoe Trailside Coffeeshop............. also taking over the roll as town freak (hehehe) As of Saturday...I'm a Dam Yankee!I hope everything works out great for you.damn yankee?????personally I don't notice things like that.Good luck,be seeing you soon I hope.

Nightwalker
06-14-2007, 02:49

Thanks very much. I'm just having a hard time. Hiking helps when I get like this, but I can't hike right now, and the "crazy pills"* ain't helping.

--------------------------------------------
*Cute little Wolfie term. :-)

Nightwalker
06-14-2007, 02:51
Slight stalker? Too funny... :rolleyes:

Love ya, Frank! :D

Thanks bro. Hope to see ya soon.

D'Artagnan
06-14-2007, 09:51
GREAT! Now I've got yet another reason to drive up to Damascus on a more regular basis. :D

Here's hoping the relocation goes smoothly and the transplant takes root. Keep ol' Wanderer straight and don't feed him too many goodies. Hope to see y'all soon. (Somehow, I suspect Damascus will never be the same. :D)

Wonder
06-14-2007, 10:18
Eveyone is so sweet! See what I mean.......hikers are the best! If is wasen't for the trail. I'd be back here in pa full time whining about how I wish I was somewhere else. Well, now my somewhere else is gonna be home!

Wonder
06-14-2007, 10:19
I hope everything works out great for you.damn yankee?????personally I don't notice things like that.Good luck,be seeing you soon I hope.
Well, I have been in training.....9 months down south in the past year.....we'll just call me a transplant:)

cornflake
06-14-2007, 10:56
Congrats wonder! If I'm ever out that way again, I'll be sure to stop in to say hi.

galaleemc
06-14-2007, 11:49
Give her some for us....hope we can get there soon and see her place and have a drink with everyone there! We have a house warming TROUT.

Wonder
06-14-2007, 12:04
YEA!!! I finally have a place to hang up my trout!!!! My mother has a strict "no dead things on the wall" rule

Mother's Finest
06-14-2007, 14:14
Have fun Wonder. I will see you one day down south.

peace
mf

Wonder
06-14-2007, 19:03
Have fun Wonder. I will see you one day down south.

peace
mf
Perhaps there will be an escape from Philly to Damascus one day........:-?

bigcranky
06-14-2007, 21:38
Matt: great poem, enjoyed it.

Wonder: good luck here in the South. I made the move from Philly to Virginia (and now to NC) a while back (um, in 1980...), and it seemed to work out okay. I'll look for you next time I'm in Damascus.

Wonder
06-15-2007, 15:45
Emotional day in Philly.........
The truck is out front, big furnatiure is strapped down......my room is empty(so are my pockets after this!), friends coming at 5 to help me load, one last trip to wal-mart done, big goodbyes, tears from my mother, and generalized nervousness.
I know that this is the right move for me to make......but today.....it's tough...........
I hope that maybe I can scrape up a hug or two in Damascus tomorrow.......I may need it:(

Lone Wolf
06-15-2007, 15:47
Emotional day in Philly.........
The truck is out front, big furnatiure is strapped down......my room is empty(so are my pockets after this!), friends coming at 5 to help me load, one last trip to wal-mart done, big goodbyes, tears from my mother, and generalized nervousness.
I know that this is the right move for me to make......but today.....it's tough...........
I hope that maybe I can scrape up a hug or two in Damascus tomorrow.......I may need it:(

you'll be alright. we'll have a brew or 2 tomorrow nite. what time you fixin to get here?

mweinstone
06-15-2007, 16:21
when you can walk across the rice paper without tearing it, you will be ready to receive wonder.
when you look up at the night sky, remember, the wonder rider.
as the world turns, so are the days of our wonder.
if the groundhog sees his shadow, there will be six more weeks of wonder.
when i was a child, i thaught like a child. now i have become a man, i must put away wonderish things.
he who laughs last, gets the last wonder.
wonder is a production of the childrens television network and was brought to you today by the number 12. and by the letter w.
parents are urged to discuss wonder with there children.
if you are told to shelter in place, shelter wonder.
too many cooks spoils the wonder.
the wonder corperation is a non profit that wishes it werent. proud sponsorers of the lonewolf for executioner fund. in proud corporate partenership with lukeoil. lukeoil: we make minnesota smiths for the future.lukeoil.

mweinstone
06-15-2007, 17:31
stonewall aka steve, just got on a plane to climb mont blanc . i just lost two friends. im goin on my bike to give to the bums. at least they dont leave you in the murder capitol without wonders and stonewalls to protect . ill miss wonder and stonewall. but then ill get revenge time spending with them. ill take whatever means to be by there side in fun. come smell or fly .

nothing rhymes with waters. i hate this day. hey guys, the time im gonna spend with the bums is time i coulda spent with you. they may smell like hikers, but alas, i know they are a poor substitute . allow me my dreams and ill give you a taco. i just made that up,.....witch signifies that im out of creativity and freinds it would seem. well. then this keyboard has got to go too!lol!

the goat
06-15-2007, 17:40
i'm still here, matty.

have fun livin' in damascus, wonder. i think a road trip should be in order this summer!

camojack
06-15-2007, 17:49
im out of creativity and freinds it would seem.

Hmmm...I'll try not to take that (too) personally. :eek:

mweinstone
06-15-2007, 19:24
jack i forgot i have to work from 9 till 930 tommorow morn so ill head out to casa de cammo after that. be there by 11.

mweinstone
06-15-2007, 19:27
or pick me up at 930.

mweinstone
06-15-2007, 19:29
okay. just so im not abuseing the site. this is the get together dept. and were getting together to swab the decks of cammos boat. and thats hiking. so,..........there.

Skidsteer
06-15-2007, 19:44
okay. just so im not abuseing the site. this is the get together dept. and were getting together to swab the decks of cammos boat. and thats hiking. so,..........there.

Nothing like an old fashioned revenge swab to ease the hurt in your heart.

Ewker
06-15-2007, 21:11
congrats on the move to the South, you will find it totally different than living in the north

Panzer1
06-16-2007, 01:02
Good Luck Wonder. have fun. Just don't forget where you came from...

Panzer