PDA

View Full Version : State Specific Information

PaddyBeer
06-15-2007, 18:54
I am trying to do a project and I was wondering if anyone can give me a hand. Looking for two sorts of things. First, I am looking for the average or mean elevation of the AT in each state. Second, and this is kind of neat, I am hoping to identify one item or thing that I can keep outside that would symbolize the AT in each state. I was thinking of sharp rocks for PA, pine cones for Maine, etc.

Thanks so much for any ideas you can share

BlackCloud
06-18-2007, 08:26
What do you mean, "keep outside". You mesn take a rock from PA and put it in your front lawn?

As for mean elevation, you need to get one of those software programs of the AT. Unquestionably that would have the info you desire.

LIhikers
06-21-2007, 09:02
Second, and this is kind of neat, I am hoping to identify one item or thing that I can keep outside that would symbolize the AT in each state.Thanks so much for any ideas you can share

For New York let me suggest you make a pile of trash. There's so much of the stuff on the AT and near by trails it's almost unbelievable. It's gotten to the point where I've added an external, mesh, pocket to the outside of my day pack so that I have some place to put other people's garbage. My hiking poles have found an additional use as a garbage spear. :mad: