PDA

View Full Version : Trail names

squeeze
06-19-2007, 15:39
How did you get your trail name?

The Weasel
06-19-2007, 16:16
See other threads asking the same question.

The Weasel

squeeze
06-19-2007, 16:55
See other threads asking the same question.

The Weasel

Thanks, I haven't had much luck searching on Whiteblaze.
I did go back and search again. I found this poll from a couple of years ago.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=262

The Weasel
06-19-2007, 16:59
Thanks, I haven't had much luck searching on Whiteblaze.
I did go back and search again. I found this poll from a couple of years ago.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=262
not a poll, but several on finding names

Nean
06-19-2007, 20:07
it came to me on the trail as I was talking to another hiker. LETITBE::-?

Ender
06-19-2007, 22:56
I picked mine from my favorite childhood book. I expected to be given another, but it never happened.

And don't worry about there being other threads out there with the same question... it's not like the extra .02K of bandwidth is costing anything. Ask away with your questions... that's what this forum is for.

Old Hillwalker
06-20-2007, 07:53
On about my 7th trip out of nine summers that I went hiking and backpacking in Western Scotland. Whilst coming down the trail back to the hunting lodge at which I often stayed, I overheard the Innkeeper say "here comes the hillwalker, draw him a pint". Seems that is what hikers are called in Bonny Scotland. I liked it, and adopted it for my own.

If you want to see where I stay, Google the Mamore Lodge

Mags
06-20-2007, 10:36
How did you get your trail name?

From having too many vowels in my name...

Wonder
06-20-2007, 14:49
From a southbounder I met a couple years before I hiked. Said It was a wonder my foot worked...........then got shortened by my old hiking partner.....said I was just a wonder

K0OPG
06-23-2007, 08:07
The wife gave it to me. We live in northeastern WV in the mountains and we sometimes get a bunch of snow in the winter. Well, if you have ever driving in deep snow, if you put it in second gear, you can just about make it though anything. So, I was 2nd Gear. Although the gears worked fine, I had trouble with the tires and only made 70 miles. I will return with better tires but with the same old gears.

jrwiesz
06-23-2007, 09:46
The wife gave it to me. We live in northeastern WV in the mountains and we sometimes get a bunch of snow in the winter. Well, if you have ever driving in deep snow, if you put it in second gear, you can just about make it though anything. So, I was 2nd Gear. Although the gears worked fine, I had trouble with the tires and only made 70 miles. I will return with better tires but with the same old gears.
So what's your trailname? What am I missing?:-?

Nightwalker
06-24-2007, 02:55
So what's your trailname? What am I missing?:-?

2nd gear. :sun

Dr O
06-25-2007, 02:52
I picked mine from my favorite childhood book. I expected to be given another, but it never happened.

Orson Scott Card's Ender?

Ender
06-25-2007, 10:47
That's the one... must have read that book 10 times before the age of 17.

sixhusbands
06-25-2007, 11:33
I got it from a group of scouts that I helped on a trail by the same name in the Whites. They had a member in some trouble and I happenned to be the first person they saw on the AT when they were going for help at the summit house. Turns out the kid had lost his water bottle and was to afraid to let anyone know. So his appendix ailment was constipation!

Nearly Normal
06-26-2007, 11:10
After the results of a recent physical my doctor assured me that everything with the blood work was within limits. Asking him, did that mean I was normal? He said nearly. :-?

So I've taken Nearly Normal as my new trial name.
Pete

twosticks
06-26-2007, 12:02
I severed my tibialis tendon and spent 2 months walking around on crutches, hence, twosticks.